All reviews the cape fear river convention center the river walk railroad museum great location beautiful view of the river the uss north carolina cotton exchange within walking distance breakfast room small room historic district bagels downtown area front street free breakfast definitely stay here again
Reviewed February 3, 2018

This hotel was wonderful! The staff and accommodations were top notch! The breakfast was hot, plentiful and delicious. The view out our window was of a beautiful river way and the USS North Carolina! There is a wonderful walkway along the river for runs or strolls!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jackieblake, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and we greatly appreciate your nice comments. We hope you will come back and visit with us again when in Wilmington

Reviewed January 31, 2018

I am writing this review a bit late, but I stayed at this hotel in early September 2017 for a few nights. As a female, this was my first solo trip, so I was a bit nervous about staying here and walking to a conference that was at a nearby hotel, but I didn't have any issues.

The staff was great! I called them ahead of time because the conference was supposed to start before check-in time and I did not want to pay for parking at the hotel where the conference was at. They provided me with a parking pass upon arrival and gave me walking directions from their hotel to the other. I only used my car once during this stay because I was able to walk to nearby shops, restaurants, to the conference and back down the Riverwalk. There was a tall dock out back (which felt a little unstable to me), but provided a nice view of the river at sunset. You can also see the Battleship from the Riverwalk, so I was able to get a picture and send it to my child at home.

The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was due to the sounds from the neighboring room (paper-thin walls) and internet issues that I experienced during my stay- most likely from all of the construction outside my window. I would definitely stay again and would bring my dog next time, now that I know it is pet-friendly! Thank you, Best Western!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
jackieblake, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to come back and review the hotel. I greatly appreciate your comments. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. The staff here truly go out of their way to accommodate the guest and they love the hotel and it shows.All construction in our area has finally completed. The riverwalk is so nice now and makes for a nice stroll in the afternoons. We hope you will come back and visit with us again when in Wilmington

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Had to take my grandson to the Wilmington airport to fly back to Florida during his Christmas break. This hotel is very convenient to the airport. Even though all the roads were covered in ice it was a short distance to drive! The hotel was very clean and pet friendly, hotel staff was very professional and an awesome positive attitude

Date of stay: January 2018
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jackieblake, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Wilmington. I greatly appreciate your nice comments on the hotel and staff. Snow in Wilmington is so rare and it's been almost 30 years since we had so much. We hope you will come back and see us again.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Average hotel with extreme price fluctuations. Great location on the river. Walking distance to nice places. Parking is not great, especially when they have convention center activity. The rewards card is kind of useless.

Date of stay: January 2018
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Wilmington. I'm sorry that parking was an issue. With events at the adjacent center and the influx of new businesses our lot has become more and more difficult to manage since we are the only free parking. I do hope you will come back and visit with us again when you're in Wilmington.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

We had a great experience traveling with our 2 Golden Retrievers en route to our winter home in SC. The staff was friendly and the room was very comfortable. We walked the River Walk right out the front door in the morning and enjoyed the waterfront of the city. Great experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jackieblake, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coastline Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Thank you for choosing our pet friendly hotel. I greatly appreciate your nice comments and I am so glad enjoyed your stay. We hope you will come back and visit with us again in the New year.