“My FAVORITE restaurant in Wilmington”
Review of Copper Penny

Copper Penny
Ranked #19 of 781 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed November 7, 2018

I was in Wilmington for a family wedding Nov 1st and 2nd. Some friends suggested we eat lunch at the Copper Penny, so off we went. This day, we shared the Homemade Beer Battered Onion Rings. I ordered their signature chicken sandwich, the 109 Chicken Sandwich and potato fries. WOW! The onion rings were the best I have ever eaten. The chicken sandwich which is thinly sliced chicken topped w/ provolone, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions & chipotle mayo, served on an outstanding sub roll. The hand cut sweet potato fries also did not disappoint.

We took our adult girls and their guys to the Copper Penny for lunch on Friday. We sat in the first booth on the left side. Above our booth was the baking pan that had Guy F's image and 3 D, 1/18. That's when I figured out that Triple D was there in January 2018. After that I took a closer look at the menu to discover that the 3 items Guy had on the show were highlighted in a yellow font. So for lunch, I ordered the Hot Roasted Pork Sandwich (Sliced pork tenderloin, sautéed spinach, provolone cheese, fried onions, garlic aioli, served with a side of Au Jus). OMG! It was fantastic! The guys at the table ordered the burgers (which they are also known for).

Both days our servers were fabulous! They made all of us welcomed and on Friday, brought our granddaughter crayons and paper to color and played with her.

LOVE THE COPPER PENNY!

Reviewed November 6, 2018

This is a Philly bar and they do a pretty darn good imitation of a Philly Cheese Steak. Its always crowded with dinners, regardless if its for lunch or dinner. Which is different when you consider the fact that it is a bar at its heart. Great pub grub and cold beer. To give you an idea of how good the food can be, its been featured on Guy Fieri's Dinners Drivin's and Dives.

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food. Burger selection was vast with a robust beer selection. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Not a bad place for a quick lunch or dinner. Typical bar food with plenty of TV's. I sat at the bar; the bartender was friendly and welcoming since it was my first time there. The food did not dissapoint; depending on what you want, I recommend all on the menu.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

We were passing through Wilmington North Carolina and heard that diners drive ins and dives had been to a restaurant here. We decided to give it a try, we had to go downtown a little off our trek to go. It was so worth it. I had the Cuban he had the Ruben she had the Chestnut chicken and we shared an onion ring. OMG it was so good the pork was so tender, the chicken super thin sliced and the corned beef amazing. All dishes came with a side of slaw. If you go get the onion rings with honey mustard. Oh I almost forgot they shared a Greek salad and rave reviews on the dressing. On top of that the service was great. Make sure you have time because they were extremely busy.