“Lucky Penny!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good place for lunch right downtown. The food is well made, service friendly, a bit of a crowd and a wait- but that just proves that it is a local favorite! Went there during a conference, and had an enjoyable lunch. Not really for the littles, or those that like things super-plain, but the basics are tasty and just a bit fancy. Grown-up grilled cheese is a win!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed November 7, 2018

I was in Wilmington for a family wedding Nov 1st and 2nd. Some friends suggested we eat lunch at the Copper Penny, so off we went. This day, we shared the Homemade Beer Battered Onion Rings. I ordered their signature chicken sandwich, the 109 Chicken Sandwich and potato fries. WOW! The onion rings were the best I have ever eaten. The chicken sandwich which is thinly sliced chicken topped w/ provolone, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions & chipotle mayo, served on an outstanding sub roll. The hand cut sweet potato fries also did not disappoint.

We took our adult girls and their guys to the Copper Penny for lunch on Friday. We sat in the first booth on the left side. Above our booth was the baking pan that had Guy F's image and 3 D, 1/18. That's when I figured out that Triple D was there in January 2018. After that I took a closer look at the menu to discover that the 3 items Guy had on the show were highlighted in a yellow font. So for lunch, I ordered the Hot Roasted Pork Sandwich (Sliced pork tenderloin, sautéed spinach, provolone cheese, fried onions, garlic aioli, served with a side of Au Jus). OMG! It was fantastic! The guys at the table ordered the burgers (which they are also known for).

Both days our servers were fabulous! They made all of us welcomed and on Friday, brought our granddaughter crayons and paper to color and played with her.

LOVE THE COPPER PENNY!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

This is a Philly bar and they do a pretty darn good imitation of a Philly Cheese Steak. Its always crowded with dinners, regardless if its for lunch or dinner. Which is different when you consider the fact that it is a bar at its heart. Great pub grub and cold beer. To give you an idea of how good the food can be, its been featured on Guy Fieri's Dinners Drivin's and Dives.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food. Burger selection was vast with a robust beer selection. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Not a bad place for a quick lunch or dinner. Typical bar food with plenty of TV's. I sat at the bar; the bartender was friendly and welcoming since it was my first time there. The food did not dissapoint; depending on what you want, I recommend all on the menu.

Date of visit: May 2018