“Excellent Seafood Restaurant”
Review of Catch

Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 732 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Serving the Best Seafood in North Carolina. James Beard Finalist and Bravo Tv's "Top Chef"contestant, Chef Keith Rhodes and his team, explore the Cape Fear Coast,for the best it has to offer. We feature Wild Caught & sustainably raised Seafood. Organic and locally sourced Produce.Providing the perfect compliment to our fresh Catch. Consecutively Voted Wilmington's Best Chef Dubbed by NYT's,"Modern Seafood Cuisine" we offer an array Fresh Seafood and Vegetarian and Vegan offerings ,including our Signature NC Sweet Potato Salad. Appetizers include our "Fire Cracker" Shrimp, NC Oysters on the 1/2 Shell, Seafood Ceviche & Conch Fritters . Larger Plates include our "Angry" Maine Lobster, Prime Steaks, Blackend Mahi Mahi & our Award winning Charleston Crab Cakes, Seared OBX Scallops, Flounder Escovitch & Pan roasted Black Grouper. Full ABC Permits.Large selection of boutique Wines by the Glass, Hand crafted Cocktails And over a half a dozen rotating local beer offerings.
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Visited Catch in a party of 8. As other reviewers have pointed out, "don't judge the book by the cover". The interior is absolutely fine and the seafood was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone.
I had Cajun coated oysters, my wife chose calamari and we both had lobster as main dish. Our food together with the choices made by others was well prepared, presented and was a real joy to eat. Truly, great food and service.

1  Thank Harry Gibson

Reviewed November 8, 2017

I am very impressed with Catch! I have been there once before and sat at the bar, but this was my first time coming with my spouse. It was our first Anniversary and I knew going to Catch would make it special! Our waitress, Jen, was very nice and was very personable and attentive. She is the perfect waitress! She knew exactly how to answer all of our (very uneducated) questions about the dishes! I got the crab cakes and they were the freshest I've ever had and I've lived here in Wilmington my whole life! They even took the extra step to provide us with a complimentary desert since it was our Anniversary, which was really unexpected and nice. Lastly. Catch also provided us with a gift card for next time! I was so blown away with the whole night! I don't usually review places but I had to take the time to review this one! Hands down the best seafood restaurant with their dishes and love for their customers! Thank you Catch!

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I took the advise of our B&B and had dinner on Friday evening. Richard, the friendly bartender, made several great food recommendations. Soft shell crab special, grouper entree and appetizers dirty oysters. All were very very tasty. The sole issue was it takes awhile to get the food served. But do not let this stop you. Catch is worth the time it takes.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

That buttermilk pie was perfection - not too sweet, creamy and firm...a Southern dessert not usually found on menus. The starter of fried okra with a lemongrass sauce and a peanut chili sauce - whole okra sliced in half with a perfectly crisp cornmeal batter...I sipped up the bright broth of the crab claws with the fresh grilled bread, the lobster was succulent and moist, the tiramisu creme brûlée - yes, a brilliant amalgamation - just whispers of sweetness so the flavors and texture shine...great service and atmosphere. Catch will be on the top of my dinner list whenever I am visiting Wilmington from Raleigh. The menu is, as the name suggests, seafood centric and all about local North Carolina goodness and freshness. Met the chef - he's damned awesome. I'm in a food coma as I type this...AND there's plenty of parking (I'm at the point and age in my life where I am not driving around forever searching for street parking).

1  Thank Angela P
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Well designed and presented interior, great service, interesting menu -- look for the specials! -- and delicious food. What's not to like?

My favorite is always the scallops and mussels plate -- perfectly done, generous servings, great sauces and well-presented. My wife's black drum was very tasty. The side breads are always an attraction as well.

An eclectic and reasonably priced wine list tops it all off.

1  Thank john s