All reviews coast guard ship hilton hotel washer and dryer bedroom condo high floor view from the balcony the cape fear river buy groceries owned condo condo rental full size appliances false alarm in easy walking distance the uss north carolina pool and exercise room living area nearby hilton
Reviewed June 22, 2018

We were very disappointed with our one bedroom condo. There were TV issues and poor maid service. Also because of construction nearby, we couldn't park close to our building. The check-in location was different from the property location, yet all we had was an address which we had difficulty finding. They failed to let us know that this address was for a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
00gc, Manager at Riverview Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Annabell, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are sincerely sorry that our location was not very appealing to you, and also for the issues you had which inconvenienced your stay. We have made a note of your feedback as it gives us a scope of improvement. We hope to host you again so that we can redeem ourselves on your next visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

We did not know what to expect here, but we're aware check in is at the Hotel Ballast. The girl who checked us in clearly explained how to get to the separate building (there were extensive roadworks all around). She also told us that the parking nearest the property was not available, and that the nearby public parking was quite expensive. She explained that it was possible to stop in the loading area right outside the main door of Riverview to unload luggage and then bring the car round to the hotel car park. All very convenient! The apartments are all of a similar layout with a double bedroom, kitchenette with stove, fridge, microwave and utensils. We also had a washer and dryer (unexpected). We had a balcony overlooking the river and battleship. I can understand that the quality may vary if they are individually owned, but our experience was very good.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor to get great views
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
00gc, Manager at Riverview Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review of Riverview Suites Wilmington. We are glad to read you liked your well-appointed room, and that you also enjoyed the amazing view from your room. It was so good to have you here, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night when we were in town for a friend's 50th birthday party and I had several issues with this property.The first issue we had was I never saw the one sentence at the very bottom of Riverview Suites homepage that stated check-in was at Hotel Ballast. Thankfully there was a very nice couple unloading their luggage who explained the check-in process to us. Being that I went directly to the reservations page from a link I never even saw the page that this information was on nor was it anywhere in the confirmation email. I would also suggest some type of signage be put up at Riverview Suites to avoid this confusion.
The second issue was the parking. One amenity I always look for when I know I will be staying in an area where parking is at a premium (like downtown Wilmington) is valet parking. My confirmation email stated there was self-parking for $12 and valet parking for $18. What it neglected to say was this parking was Hotel Ballast, about 2 blocks from Riverview Suites. Did I mention that it was raining buckets when we checked in which made it entirely infeasible to use the valet parking or the even the self-parking for that matter. Since there is no available free street parking until after 6 p.m. (and even then you've got to win the lottery to find a space) my husband and I ended up paying over $40 to park in the public lot next to Riverview Suites. This seemed completely excessive to me considering we were in town for less than 24 hours. Please make it clear that the valet parking and self-parking are NOT at Riverview Suites. This means you have to check-in at one place, drive to another place to unload luggage, drive back to park then walk back to your hotel. Who wants to do this?!
After the whole check-in fiasco we finally got back to unload our luggage only to realize the process to gain entry into Riverview Suites was not exactly clear nor was where to use the key card. While I was at one door trying to figure it out (again in pouring, blowing rain with no canopy or protection from said rain) there was another couple at the second door having the same issue! Please instruct the desk workers to explain the process for using the key card to get into Riverview Suites.
Now came the room we had worked so hard to get to. It was a complete let down! the only nice thing was we had a balcony with a view of the river and the battleship. The room was dusty and dated. The electrical outlet in the bathroom pulled out of the wall every time I unplugged anything from it. The bedroom was small and cramped and had two lamps neither of which worked and the air return, which was in the wall adjacent to the head of the bed, sounded like a transfer truck cranking up every time the air came on. The bed slept ok, when you weren't being woken up by the air, but I don't think it was a queen size mattress and it was just a mattress and box springs on a frame. There was no headboard which made the room look even cheaper than it already did.
I've stayed in Wilmington multiple times and this was by far my worst experience. Thank goodness it was only one night!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shm00girl
00gc, Manager at Riverview Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Dear Shm00girl,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel. We are committed to ensuring the comfort and satisfaction of our guests, so we apologize for your disappointment with the air and mattress in your room. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

My husband and I stayed here in for a long weekend in September and had a wonderful time. The room was a good size with a very nice full kitchen, large bathroom, and a washer and dryer. The bed was super comfortable and the room was very clean. We enjoyed eating breakfast every morning on the balcony overlooking the river. it was beautiful! and it had a large parking garage next door.The only thing is that it does not have a front desk there, you have to check in and out at the Hilton across the street and the pool is also at the Hilton across the street. But it was a wonderful stay and we will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trelay15
00gc, Manager at Riverview Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

We are thrilled that you were impressed with your accommodations at Riverview Suites Wilmington. We love it when guests are pleased by the spacious apartment-like suite, and we are so happy to know we more than met your expectations. Thanks for being our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

We went this past weekend for our anniversary because I booked it online I knew before that we would have to check in across the street at the Hilton it was a short distance between the 2 buildings but we didn’t like the fact you had to park across the street not sure why your not allowed to park on there property it also was a 12 dollar parking fee daily and we didn’t like that there were so many cars and tight parking spaces we had no complaints about our room sort of like a little apartment I have included pictures everything is in walking distance restaurants bars so that was a plus I would highly recommend Ruth’s and Chris steakhouse in the Hilton :) if your in Wilmington consider staying here i think It would be ok to bring family the couch was a pull out bed

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
00gc, Manager at Riverview Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Stephanie, thank you for choosing Riverview Suites Wilmington and for sharing your review. We are glad you read you had a pleasant stay with us while celebrating your Anniversary and enjoyed the comforts of your room. Thanks again for recommending us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.