“The most serene and absolutely cozy inn.”
Review of Hotel Riverwalk

Hotel Riverwalk
Ranked #3 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I attended our Military ball here in Wilmington. I was really hesitant with idea of spending the night away from our four children for the very first time. Needless to say I still decided to look online and behold I found the Clarendon Inn. I immediately felt in love with it. I read the reviews and loved it more. Left my house on Saturday and did not look back. When we got there I sat on the bed and just felt overjoyed with such a lovely place. The ball was not my highlight at all, The Clarendon Inn was. I needed to find myself and I did in this wonderful place. Beautiful and comfortable indeed in every way! We shall return next month.

Room Tip: Room number 5 ( the music rm)
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 October 2011

My husband, daughter and I wanted to visit the historic town of Wilmington and experience the charm of a bed and breakfast. After much research, we chose The Clarendon over the large Southern Style Homes, and so glad we did! Although the exterior of the building did not have the grand appearance of some other B & B's, it certainly had the historic charm and convenience of being downtown, within walking distance to the riverwalk, restaurants and shoppings. The rooms were clean, comfortable and tastfully decorated. Another special feature of this inn is the its friendly innkeeper, Michael. He made us feel right at home, sharing stories about Wilmington's history that definately added to the wonderful experience of staying there. We would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the area!

Room Tip: If you want a B & B, but need more than one bed, room #8 has two queen beds
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed at the Clarendon Inn last year with women friends. This September, I was back with my husband. This is the cleanest, warmest, most comfortable place to stay! Every room is a beauty. The Innkeeper, Michael, just makes the whole experience delightful. I nominate him for the "Best Innkeeper in the USA".

Reviewed 5 October 2011

We rode our Harley 3000 miles, starting in FL and going through GA, VA, TN, SC & NC and needless to say, stayed at several Holiday Inn's etc... We found this place in Trip Advisor and it was our ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. This was the cleanest and most beautifully decorated, most relaxed as well as friendly. I can't believe I didn't get the gentleman's name that ran the Inn because he was so accomodating. I was able to look into the other rooms that were not occupied and was equally impressed. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the area, plus walking distance to great bars and restaraunts. Fabulous

Room Tip: Room number 7 is a King sized bed and absolutely beautiful
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
InnkeeperMichael, Manager at Hotel Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

The staff of the Clarendon Inn appreciates each and every review. We strive to maintain the Inn in pristine condition and to treat each guest the way we would want to be treated. It is our opinion that the Clarendon Inn has the best guest of any hotel, motel, inn or B&B in the world. We look forward to seeing our return guest and to welcoming new guest.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

We loved everything about our visit to Wilmington, especially the Clarendon Inn. This lovely inn is so quiet and yet so close to the waterfront and all of the restaurants and shops. We were able to park our car (and the parking behind the inn is spacious) and walk everywhere. Our room was immaculate and very nicely decorated. The bed, linens, and towels are top of the line. There were numerous common areas with plenty of outdoor seating both in front and back of the inn. We enjoyed the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning and a free concert on the waterfront on Saturday evening. We toured the Cape Fear Museum, took a sunset cruise, toured on the horse-drawn trolley, and shopped on Front Street. There are so many restaurants to choose from and all were excellent, but our favorite was Caprice Bistro. Thank you, Wilmington, for your hospitality, and thank you, Glenda, for being such a gracious hostess! (And thank you for mailing my husband's clothes back to us!)

Reviewed 22 September 2011

This place is so consistently well-reviewed that you wonder if it is for real or whether you will be disappointed.

It is - we weren't.

Nothing really to add to the other reviews on file. You can rely on their own website and the trip advisor reviews to give you a totally accurate picture of what to expect.

This is somewhere you feel very comfortable staying. We stayed for one night on our way South to Charleston and were happy enough both with the Clarendon and with Wilmington itself to arrange a further night's stay on our way back North.

It has to be a good choice for central Wilmington - especially at the $110 special midweek rate offered on their website.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Clarendon Inn for our nieces' wedding. The rooms are spacious, clean and beautiful decorated. The staff was so nice and helpful in any way all you had to do was ask. The Innkeeper, Michael made you feel welcome as soon as you entered. Parking was great and you could walk to anything that you wanted to do. It was nice waking each morning to coffee and breakfast. I loved going on the porch to read the paper each morning with my coffee. Thanks to Michael and his staff for a great vacation. Will return. I love the Wilmington area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family