All reviewsgrab and goguest loungeprivate parkingfront porchsmall hoteloff street parkinggranola barswalking distanceboutique hotelinstant oatmealchain hotelslocation was perfecthistoric wilmingtonnice breakfastroom was spaciousrestaurants and shopsheart of downtown
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Clarendon recently and couldn't have been more pleased. The location of the hotel is right in the heart of downtown Wilmington and within walking distance to many local eateries and shops. You are only 3 blocks from the Cape Fear River Walk as well. Our room was very nice, quiet, and comfortable. Michael, the innkeeper, was extremely friendly and cooked us a great breakfast in the morning. He has a ton of knowledge about Wilmington and is very enthusiastic about his job. I would definitely recommend the Clarendon to anyone. We really enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 11, which was great!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Can't begin to say enough about the Clarendon Inn. We booked the entire inn for family for our daughter's wedding. Can't say how personal and warm it felt to be in a place where we could all gather together before and after the events of each day. Michael was incredible to work with everything - arranging the reservations, the lovely breakfasts each morning, sharing details and tidbits about what to do and where to go outside of our wedding details, etc. Felt like he was part of the family. The rooms are beautifully decorated and all attention to detail is paid and does not go unnoticed.

Room Tip: They're all lovely!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is our second visit to the Clarendon Inn and again it did not disappoint. It is difficult to add to the rave reviews of others, but there are a few things that travelers might consider. Many B&Bs have steps...lots of steps. The Clarendon boasts a secure off-street parking lot that provides entry to the common areas and to the rooms all on a single floor. The outdoor patio with tables and chairs, although attached to the parking area, is totally secluded through well-placed vines, shrubs and hanging plants. A great place to have lunch. The front porch has several seating areas and swings - sit and have a glass of wine or watch horse-drawn carriages mosey down the street. Each clean and meticulous room is tastefully decorated and there is an assortment of bed types - enough to please any traveler. Bathrooms include carefully placed handbars, a long glass shelf over the sink and toilet, a free-standing table and enough towel bars to accomodate wet and dry towels. Last, but certainly not least, is the keeper of the inn, Michael Pryor whose hand can be seen in every aspect of the operation. After checkout he visits each room to note what needs to be done to bring the room up to his exacting standards. He is truly an ambassador for the city of Wilmington and although there is a large selection of brochures from which to choose...ask Michael first. He is a walking encyclopaedia on all things Wilmington. Ditto for the restaurants. Tell him what you like to eat and he will point you in the right direction. You won't be disappointed. I second the nomination to vote Michael "Innkeeper of the Year." It is a recognition that is well deserved.

Room Tip: Before making reservations call the innkeeper Michael Pryer.. he will make sure the room matches your needs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I attended our Military ball here in Wilmington. I was really hesitant with idea of spending the night away from our four children for the very first time. Needless to say I still decided to look online and behold I found the Clarendon Inn. I immediately felt in love with it. I read the reviews and loved it more. Left my house on Saturday and did not look back. When we got there I sat on the bed and just felt overjoyed with such a lovely place. The ball was not my highlight at all, The Clarendon Inn was. I needed to find myself and I did in this wonderful place. Beautiful and comfortable indeed in every way! We shall return next month.

Room Tip: Room number 5 ( the music rm)
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband, daughter and I wanted to visit the historic town of Wilmington and experience the charm of a bed and breakfast. After much research, we chose The Clarendon over the large Southern Style Homes, and so glad we did! Although the exterior of the building did not have the grand appearance of some other B & B's, it certainly had the historic charm and convenience of being downtown, within walking distance to the riverwalk, restaurants and shoppings. The rooms were clean, comfortable and tastfully decorated. Another special feature of this inn is the its friendly innkeeper, Michael. He made us feel right at home, sharing stories about Wilmington's history that definately added to the wonderful experience of staying there. We would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the area!

Room Tip: If you want a B & B, but need more than one bed, room #8 has two queen beds
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family