All reviews grab and go guest lounge private parking front porch small hotel off street parking granola bars walking distance boutique hotel instant oatmeal chain hotels location was perfect historic wilmington nice breakfast room was spacious restaurants and shops heart of downtown
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed at Clarendon Inn in Wilmington, NC on December 25 and 25 this past year (2011). We were very pleased with the accomodatons and the price as well as the friendliness of the staff and the excellent trip preparation emails we received from the Innkeeper to make our stay more enjoyable. We were concerned about the availability of places to eat since our stay was during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and we were concerned some places would not be open. The Innkeeper was very helpful in steering us toward places that would be open. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Breck S
InnkeeperMichael, Manager at Hotel Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you for your very kind review of the Clarendon Inn. It was our pleasure to share the Christmas holidays with you and your family.

We strive to give the very best customer service to all of our guest and it is nice to hear that we are doing a good job.

We look forward to having you visit us again very soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed there for a wedding. It is a nice place. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The hotel is located within walking distance of many good bars and restaurants as well as the river walk in Wilmington.

We loved the outside patio on the street side. It is an nice area to sit and have a drink and watch people walk by or watch the film crews working down the street.

We found the inn keeper (I don't think he was the owner, not sure though) to be rather rude. At breakfast I asked him where I could put my dirty dishes and he very condescendingly told me I could put them right over there by the sign that says "dirty dishes". I heard him use that schtick on several others and I found it rude. Most of my dealings with him were similar in nature. It is a nice hotel but the staff is not really cut out for the service industry.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Hangry

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the Clarendon Inn. I want to apologize for appearing to be condecending when asked where to put the dirty dishes. I simply was pointing you and others to the place designated for dirty dishes.

We strive to give the very best customer service and I believe if you read the other reviews here you will find almost every other review here comments about our customer service in a positive way.

Again I ask you to please accept our sincere apology for any misunderstanding.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Great location, very friendly service, rooms were clean and big, very reasonably priced. Only aspect keeping this from 5 stars is the breakfast was only so-so. For an "inn" the breakfast was fine, but as a bed-and-breakfast, the breakfast was so-so.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DurhamTerp

Thank you for lovely comments about your recent stay at the Clarendon Inn. As you stated our breakfast is really designed more as an Inn breakfast as that is truly what we are. We are not a typical B&B in a lovely victorian home. We operate under a B&B license because we are not a hotel or motel and B&B is the only other license available to us.

Our breakfast is a continental breakfast because we find most travelers would prefer that we keep our rates lower than offer a fancy breakfast.

We look forward to your soon return.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

This most pleasant bed and breakfast is not your stereotyped "quaint" B&B but rather a modern facility with large hallways, a spacious computer room and a comfortable dining area serving a very nice,tasty breakfast prepared by its delightful operator, Michael. Rooms are equally comfortable, sufficiently large with adequately sized,modern bathrooms.Well-located near several of Wilmongton's top restaurants, it has fair prices and frankly is an excellent value for all it offers,well-worth a return stay on my next visit to Wilmington.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank efarkasTeaneck_NJ
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This is a lovely, extremely well-maintained B&B in the heart of Wilmington, NC, very quiet location, but easy walking distance to everything. The rooms and public areas are very attractive, spotlessly clean, and very comfortable. Michael, the innkeeper, is a true professional and was very helpful, accommodating, and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would visit again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple