“Checks All The Boxes: Good Food, Friendly Service, Community Perspective”
Review of Mission Bbq

Mission Bbq
Ranked #50 of 749 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed March 13, 2017

We stumbled on this place while en route to our hotel at Carolina Beach, and came back nearly everyday of our vacation to eat. The food, in our opinion, was excellent. The pulled pork and the brisket were very good. The sandwiches were piled high with meat and slaw on soft, tasty buns. Side dishes included excellent fries, baked beans, mac-n-cheese, among others.

Best of all, plenty of different sauces to try from different schools of BBQ sauce. Everything from Eastern NC vinegar sauce to a sweet/smoky Western NC tomato-based sauce to others less common in this area. Good sized portions gave us ample opportunity to try a few different combinations.

The interior was spacious and looked very clean, with plenty of seating options. The staff was very helpful and willing to describe the menu/plating of various dishes to us. Things moved fast from order to food arrival.

Best of all, the restaurant puts an emphasis on the contributions of public servants like police and firefighters, as well as the various branches of military. It is unusual and very gratifying to see businesses think of the larger community.

Would highly recommend if you are in the area.

1  Thank sp00nbread

Reviewed March 3, 2017

The made-to-order barbeque sandwiches (with or without cole slaw) were great, as were the fries. There's nothing not to like about this very casual place. And the retro bottled drinks.were fun!

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

The food here is excellent. The service is quick. No matter what your taste in BBQ they have a sauce for you. My personal favorites are the turkey, the mac and cheese and their green beans. Yum!

Erica Z, Public Relations Manager at Mission Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2017

Mary, Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We are so happy to hear that you were able to stop in and enjoy some chow with us. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

The meat is very good. While the beef and pork are great, the turkey is my favorite. The selection of sauces is very nice as well. The sides are small but tasty. The only thing I've had that wasn't great was a "black plate special" which was a smoked steak (which worker at register could not tell me the cut). That steak was a little tough.

Reviewed January 20, 2017

If you love BBQ as I do...you must try this place! The brisket & pulled pork my favorites! I love the atmosphere, which respectfully honors and respects ALL of our great nation's military, police, fireman, EMT's, correctional staff, etc... (I apologize if I have missed any) Mission BBQ truly supports their local community in many unexpected ways, it really boosts staff morale when they know their community supports them. A few might think they are a tad pricey....just know the BBQ is awesome, fresh, fast, filling, the staff have always been friendly and helpful. I've never left hungry. I love the fact they contribute to active and relevant non-profit organizations (such as the USO). SHOW 'EM SOME LOVE ~ HOOAH!!!!

1  Thank 518raelyns
Erica Z, Public Relations Manager at Mission Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We are so happy to hear that you were able to stop in end enjoy some chow with us. We are even happier to hear that you were able to take a look over Our Walls and all the mementos that Our Tribe has shared with us. We are honored to serve those folks, and you, on a daily basis. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.