All reviewsconstruction workershot breakfastwafflesbed was comfortablewould stay here againgreat hotelwrightsville beachunccereal
Reviewed November 1, 2017

Location was nice but overall accommodation wasn't as good as other Comfort Inn where I stayed. Sub standard in general where Comfort Inn should be. I won't stay here again. I had work to do that's why I stayed back in October but if time to search more than I would have picked up other hotels around.

Room Tip: try if you find any, mine wasn't
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Comfort I, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. We would love to hear more about the issues that you experienced during your visit so that we may try to improve for future guests. Please give us a call to elaborate. 910-791-4841. Thank you.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night and it was enough for us. Shady folks in the parking lot drinking 12 packs of beer and constant flow of creeps going back and forth to the Gentleman's clubs next door. Was happy to see that our vehicle wasn't broken into the am we left. Front desk folks pleasant, breakfast mediocre,at best. Good hotel for single guy,not for families with young children.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Comfort I, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that this was your experience while staying with us recently. Your comments will be shared with management in hopes of resolving these concerns for future guests. We appreciate you sharing and hope that you will consider giving us another try in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights. The hotel was quiet but yet very busy. Staff was friendly. Seemed to be lots of families on the weekend but truckers and construction workers during the week (I wasn't a fan of that but I know they gotta stay somewhere too). The pool is nice. Great location and close to everything in the north side of Wilmington. I only ate the breakfast one morning but that was because I didn't want to get out of bed!

Rooms were very clean. No complaints there. Everything worked fine.

I was alone and felt very safe.

Stayed: July 2017
Comfort I, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our property. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time that your travels bring you to the Wilmington area.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

First terrible hotel review - on TA since 2012.

Location: neighbors are a strip club, bowling alley, new restaurant and a car dealership whose shop area is about 6 feet from the building.

As we headed for the lobby to check in, we passed a woman sitting outside on a bench. Checked in and the new lobby is nice. It was the two people who came in from a side door - both with 12 packs of beer - and gave my 17 year old daughter long looks up and down that started the downward spiral. Note that the one person at the front desk did not even look up as the called the elevator - secure much?

Went up to the room which was a nice size and clean with the exception of large black stains on the curtains. The door to the hallway had to be SLAMMED shut in order to engage the lock.

We then headed out for dinner passing the woman on the bench again who was smoking a joint. I kept thinking - it is just one night.

Returning to the hotel after dinner but still early - around 6 pm - the party had started. The entire parking lot was full of construction trucks and big rigs. In place of the woman on the bench, we walked the gauntlet of workers who each had an open beer and a 12 pack at their feet. Watched a half a dozen guys pile out of a truck each carrying their own 12 pack. Again - front desk did not even look up when they walked into the lobby.

As we went to our room, passed a man stumbling around in the hall.

Checked out. Did not stay the night. Did not feel safe.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Comfort I, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I have made the General Manager aware of your experience and he has already begun working on making improvements for future guests. We hope that you will consider giving us a second chance in the future so that we may have another opportunity at providing you with excellent customer service.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

Great Value! Rooms renovated, clean and comfortable. Would stay here again if back in the area. Close proximity to UNC Wilmington. Construction seemed complete when we were there so not a factor in my review other than renovations were great! Breakfast was included and as expected for this brand hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Comfort I, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and will certainly share them with our staff. We look forward to having you on your next visit.