Red Roof Inn Wilmington
US$108
Country Inn
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$109
US$105
US$135
Best Western Plus Coastline Inn(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$164
Homewood
US$179
US$172
US$159
US$142
US$130
Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$99
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were looking for a hotel that would accept my pet and not charge an additional non refundable fee. We love driving to the coast for a weekend Pad-a-cure for out pet. It is only 3 hours from our home but we don't always want to make it a long day trip. This hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and they had a decent cup of coffee and breakfast. It was also very quiet.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Misty Mae S
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We were back in Wilmington and when we are in town we have no problem staying here. As I mentioned in previous reviews we like the pet policy that Red Roof Inns have.
This property has never disappointed us. The rate is reasonable, the room is clean, the shower works very well and what I also noticed this time was how quiet the room was. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator. In the closet was an iron and an ironing board, something we had no use for but if someone need it, it was there.
The next time we are in Wilmington, we'll stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Every year we do a month long road trip with our dog and this inn is in the top 3 for the worst place we ever stayed.

The good, the bed, carpet was fairly new and a lot of restaurants close by and free typical breakfast.

Major bad, the sofa was chewed up with awful stains on it. The bathtub finish was peeling off. The refrigator did not work. There was a dog show in town and the dogs were barking all night in the rooms around us and people outside yelling at 4 a.m. Yes, RRI is a lower scale inn but still this is below RRI standards which are usually a good deal. You could not pay me the $60 to stay here again. Hopefully you are smarter then me and read some of the reviews.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank onintthree
james w, Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

I want to thank you for your recent survey and I appreciate your feedback. Tthe hotel will be going through a total refresh starting the beginning of 2012 that will address all of your concerns about the property. We have made a lot of progress in the public areas and look forward to the upgrades in the rooms. I have a great team that prides itself on customer service

Reviewed October 11, 2011

The room was filthy. The phone had mildew actively growing all over it. The bottom of the bathtub was black. The handle on the shower was completely broken off. The upholstery on the chair was ripped in numerous places and grotesquely soiled. I was afraid to touch the blanket or spread. Who knows when they were last cleaned. There were only thin towel sets for two. When I went down for breakfast, the door to the juice dispenser was hanging on one hinge. The clerk said, "It's been that way forever, but it still works." The breakfast area looked unclean, so we went next door to a Dunkin Donuts. We only stayed at the Red Roof because another hotel didn't work out (another nightmare), it was late, and we have a dog. There was nothing else available in town. I've never stayed at this chain before, but can't believe all Red Roofs are this bad. I won't stay at another again, though!!

Room Tip: I can think of no reason to stay at this hotel, as there are a number of chains nearby with nicer properties. The only plus here is the no extra charge for pets, but some research should turn up other hotels that accept pets.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Eileen W

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and i appreciate your feedback. The hotel is scheduled for a refresh the beginning of next year. Many of the rooms have been through an extensive preventive maintenance program since the new management company took over operation in February of 2007. I apologize that your room did not meet your standard but I assure you that you would have a much better experience on your next visit. If you have any questions please feel free to call me.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

The good: The Red Roof in was pretty cheap for a hotel room in Wilmington in the summer. Check in clerks were quick, the hotel in conveniently located near lots of restaurants and next door to a Dunkin Donuts. The sheets in our room were clean, the room had a fridge and microwave, which was quite convenient, and they offer a free breakfast in the morning. Despite the busy neightborhood and how full the hotel was, our room was pretty quiet and we slept quite well.

The bad: The free breakfast was out of coffee so I wound up going next door to Dunkin Donuts. Some of the other guests were sketchy, such as the two guys who were standing outside their room trying to see how loud they could play hip hop music on their remote controlled stereo that they had left inside. I would not have been pleased to be in the room above or next to theirs, but thankfully we could not hear it from inside our room. And for a two bed double, they only gave us two thin, worn bath towels, two washclothes (clean ones anyway) and ONE hand towel. Why so stingy with the towels? The room could use some updating, especially the vanity. Oh, and the room came with a dehumidifier, free of charge, which was apparently necessary because once it got full the room got stuffy and humid even though the A/C was on full blast.

The ugly: When we checked in,we found a used, wet washcloth hanging from the shower rod that the housekeeping service had either not noticed or not bothered to remove, which was kind of gross. Most of the lights wouldn't turn on when we got to the room because they were unplugged, as was the clock. I had to plug them back in myself, which involved getting down on my hands and knees and moving the bed to access the plug in once instance. Also, the walls had stains and smudges on them, and a spill on the walkway and stairwell outside our room was never cleaned up. Instead the cleaning crew just loitered in front of the laundry room doing nothing. The walls had holes in it from where the hotel had removed pictures or fixtures that weren't patched over.

With a little effort patching holes and a lot more effort and attention to detail from the cleaning crew, this could be a much nicer place to stay. However, considering Wilmington is chock full of awful hotels, most of which are more expensive than this one, the Red Roof is still comparatively a good deal if you aren't terribly picky.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bourgeois_Yuppie

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. I want to apologize for the poor service that you encountered during your stay. We take all of your issues serious and have an extensive room program to maintain our rooms in top condition. The room refresh will occur in the beginning of next year. Please call me if you would like to discuss your stay.