“Awesome hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Wilson
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This hotel was very clean and updated. Great value and great location. Its right next to the interstate. We swam in the pool and it was very nice. Definitely would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Tiferoonie

Reviewed 16 August 2011

I arrived in the early afternoon was told I could park my semi next door at the cracker barrel...lady at the desk was very freindly...clean , comfy, quiet ..pretty well average for an older holiday inn express....nothing spectacular or nothing bad..just average...not a bad deal for this time of year around $80.00...I would stay here again if I am back in the area...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I got here at 1 am and there was only one room left. It was a suite with a king sized bed non smoking for 95 dollars and check out at noon.

The woman who checked me in was very friendly and the room was clean and neat and looked new.

The tv was a little small.

The ac worked well. I put it down to 65 because I like it cold. The unit DOD not make a lot of noise when the compressor came on.

I travel back and froth from PA to Florida about six times a year and this place is going on my list of places to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Dont really know where to start. I used my priority points for my reservation; bringing the family home from Florida. It appears as there was a water leak as there were holes in the ceiling tile (first floor) and the stench was horrific; my wife, neice and daughters ran down the hallway holding their noses. There wasn't any toilet paper on the tp roll (yep, the cardboard roll was there just no tp on it - I guess the cleaning lady didnt notice). The toilet seat was broken and the bathroom door wouldnt completely close; when it did close you had to lower your shoulder to get it opened. The computer in the so-called businees center wasnt working. Finally, I called twice - a week before our arrival and when we were approx 100 miles away from the hotel to make sure there was an extra cot in the room ..... guess what wasn't there when we arrived!? Being a Gold member I was shocked and saddened by the accomendations. The lady who prepared the breakfast spread was a professional and a pleasure to deal with; she is why my service rating is as high as it is!!! I suggest you dont stop at this hotel and KEEP ON DRIVING!!!

Room Tip: don't bother - keep driving!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lep1010
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I stayed at this hotel several times from 2007-2009. Sometime in late 2008-early 2009, they had some updates done (new carpet, new tile in room bathrooms) which definitely improved the appearance. Overall this seems like an older building (no elevator, only stairs going to second floor), worn flooring, dated decor, etc. However, I chose to stay at this hotel over and over because in my opinion it was the better of the two Holiday Inn Expresses in Wilson. The other is near downtown and I found it to be too noisy, which is what caused me to switch to this location. This location may not be as fresh and new, but I consistently had peace and quiet, and the staff was always friendly.

I frequently enjoyed the free hot breakfast. Of all of my stays here, I had very few problems, all of which I discovered just before going to bed (I did not request a new room for that reason). Once I found the sheets on one of the two beds to have what looked like body hairs all over them. I slept in the other bed, which seemed to have clean sheets. Another time I found the bathroom to not be fully clean (urine spattered on the interior of the bathroom door). Occasionally I would find no coffee.

With all of the business traveling I did with various chains in various cities, I still considered this hotel acceptable. Sleep was a priority and this location was always quiet.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We stayed here one Sunday night in mid October. We have stayed here many times in the past and were shocked when we turned down the bedding and found them covered with body hairs. My wife offered to change the linen but we had to move to another room instead, which is no fun when you're ready for bed. I will say that the management handled our complaint well in that we recieved a written apology from the manager and a full refund of the price of the room. I am writing this off as an isolated incident and will probably stay here in the future as we had always been satisfied with the property in the past.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Driving from Virginia to Florida, stopped in Wilson to overnight. The hotel was conveniently located just off Interstate 95. Check-in was smooth once the desk clerk got off the phone. Seems he was dealing with a previous customer who may have left something in the hotel room. The room was nicely appointed and included a small fridge and microwave. Wireless internet worked as advertised too. Bed was comfortable and I slept pretty good too. I was concerned when a couple checked in to the next door room. The walls must be paper thin because we could hear almost all their movements and chatter. Fortunately they must have been as tired as us because they also settled in early. But that could have been a problem if they had been party people. Unless you want to drive some more, the only dining option is a Cracker Barrel restaurant adjacent to the property. The hotel breakfast included the usual Holiday Inn Express fare. There is no business center but they do have an internet computer and printer in the lobby. We did not sample the pool. Overall, a decent place to stay but certainly not a destination.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple