“Clean, Comfortable and Quiet Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall

Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Staten Island, New York
“Clean, Comfortable and Quiet Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Check-In staff were quick and pleasant. Hotel was clean and quiet. Room appointed well with a sizeable refrigerator and microwave. My only con is someone needs to explain to me why the housekeeping staff is required to reposition evevything in the room daily. I was on a business trip where I was working very long hours. Every night I needed to reposition the clock to where I could see it from bed. I really believe she was changing the room thermostat. I know I left it in Low Cool and came back to it being in Low Heat. Durin my stay it is my space. Make the bed, provide me with clean linens and leave!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I completely agree that once you are in a room it is nice for things to stay the way you have placed them for the duration of the stay, and I have reviewed these comments with our housekeeping department. It is always our goal to keep improving, and this feedback is a great help. Thank you again, and we hope you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
advance nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Very easy to get to the hotel from I-40, just west of downtown, around the corner from Hanes Mall, near many restaurants and shopping of all type, and the hotel is far enough away from traffic that it is quiet, no road noise, fast courteous checkin, and excellent breakfast supplied with the rate-no extra charge, making it a real value, convenient, and saves another $ 15 for breakfast elsewhere. The room was quiet, very clean, spacious and everything worked. Would recommend it for all travelers and guest in Winston-Salem.

Room Tip: Think all rooms would be good
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. You have touched on all the points that I feel make our hotel great. We have an amazing location, spacious rooms, and an outstanding staff. We hope your travels bring you back to our neck of the woods again soon. Have a great day, and thank you again!
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

This is a Hampton off an interstate - I assume you don't need to know what a Hampton is like - they are all the same. This one is a little tricky to get to - 3 or 4 lights from the exit - but not a proble. There are lots of shopping and restaurant options nearby. The hotel is exactly like every Hampton you have ever seen. However, the one savings grace is the larger king suite room. That is actually pretty nice and worth the money. It is much larger, nicer and has a far far better bathroom. There is a Hilton Garden Inn just down the road - also stayed there - I liked the Hampton better. Beyond that, it's a Hampton - it's fine for a night.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sbccc
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you for posting about your stay at our property. Being compared to the newer Hilton Garden Inn, and preferred over it, is a great compliment! Being close to the interstate and all of the shopping, as well as dining, options has been a great benefit for our hotel. Our King Suites are also a great feature that helps to set our hotel apart from our competitors. The expanded living area, larger HD television, and jetted tubs make them great for business or leisure travelers looking to unwind. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to serve you again in the future.
Assistant General Manager.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed at this property on a Saturday night while in town for a family event. Everything about it was a good experience. The front desk was quick and courteous; our rooms (we had 2 rooms -- a handicapped king and a two-queen room with a connecting door) were modern, well-appointed, clean and very comfortable -- great beds!). The property as a whole was clean and modern; the breakfast spread was plentiful, the proper temperatures, and very generous. Loved our stay and would definitely return the next time we are in W-S. Thanks Hampton Inn for a delightful stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It makes me so happy when I read that someone had a delightful stay! I'm glad that you liked our New Queen Beds. It's been a long time coming, but it has been so nice to upgrade them from our old two double beds. Thank you again for your amazing review and we hope to see you soon!
Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

We were traveling with three families. We made a quick stop for the night. The facilities were great. The Motel was quiet. The Contintental Breakfast was good. We left rested.

Room Tip: Outside pool was closed for the season.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Even if it was only a quick overnight stay, I'm glad that you found everything enjoyable. Something new that we have added to our hot breakfast is the new Hot Oatmeal which is served every day. This offers another quick and healthy option for our guests on the run. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
Assistant General Manager.
Sun City Center, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

Every time we stay at Hampton Inn, we are not disappointed. From the check-in to the check-out, we encountered professionalism and employees happy that we are there.
The lady who worked the breakfast was most cordial and inquired if everything was fine. The rooms, the bedding, and the bathroom were clean and comforting. TV reception and internet service was very good.
On a green note, I am glad to see the use of CFL bulbs to save energy.
We have stayed at higher end hotels and many times we do not receive the level of service that we receive at Hampton Inn
Thank you every one at the Winston Salem Hampton Inn and a Merry Christmas!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing the experience you had at our hotel. We are always looking for ways to upgrade our guests' experiences and you touched on a couple of things that we have recently done. We are offering HD television in all of our rooms as well as the free Wi-Fi. When we upgraded to our Perfect Mix Lobby we also increased our business center capacity and now offer four computers for our guests to use. As part of our Green Initiative, we are also offering recycling bins in the lobby in addition to the CFL bulbs you mentioned and other conservation efforts.
It's always nice when someone is able to pick up on the small things that our hotel is doing. Thank you again, and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed here while travelling for business. The hotel has been recently updated -- nothing overly fancy, but the standard Hampton Inn experience. Service was just okay, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad that you notice our Perfect Mix Lobby. It has really turned our public space into a great place for our guest to use and enjoy even outside of the typical breakfast hours. We would love for you to stay with us again in the future if you are ever in the area for business or leisure. Thank you for your review.