All reviews the concierge lounge graze restaurant convention center valet parking cherry street in house restaurant heart of downtown valet staff within walking distance would stay here again hotel staff breakfast buffet north carolina business trip beds were comfortable king room nice stay
Reviewed September 11, 2018

I would like to say a huge Thank You to Anthony Acoff, FD supervisor and Sharay H. GSR. Upon booking my stay I felt a little out of place, it was my experience with the Front Desk that made my stay so very welcoming into the Marriott family. Also the GM is very warming and helpful. I would like to mention Ciearra in the restaurant area also. My HR manager asked me when I returned to work , how was my stay. It was these people that made my stay great and welcoming. I collected names on purpose to let everyone know how great it was with this staff

Deborah R Room 507

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

There’s construction going on at the hotel but the temporary set-up was fine. The front desk staff was nice and helpful. The room we stayed in was newly renovated and was very comfortable. Right in downtown close enough to the freeway.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient to the downtown area of Winston-Salem. It is in the process of being remodeled inside and out, so some areas were closed off, but the hotel was still fully functional. We were greeted by Bracy, who loaded our luggage on a cart, waited while we checked in, escorted us to our room and showed us how to work the new shower (rain shower head and removable wand), and then went to fill up our ice bucket. He was very outgoing and friendly. Our room was large, with a nice view of the city. The bedding was new and very comfortable, and the TV was large for a hotel.

Our stay included the breakfast buffet. I wasn’t hungry, but my husband went down & said they had plenty to choose from (including real scrambled eggs), and his server, Leah, was excellent! She was very efficient and friendly. She fixed a to go cup of ice tea without even being asked. When he asked for a cup of hot water to bring up to me, she returned with a pot of hot water (more than enough for 2 cups of tea). The container kept the water steaming hot.

We will definitely return to this hotel the next time we go to Winston-Salem.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank virginiagirl2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here twice, somehow it’s getting worse. A/C that will not cool the room....especially the high floors. Enhanced high speed (upgraded for a fee) internet that is completely unusable and a valet service that took 35 minutes and theee asks to grab the rental car. I always stay at Marriott property’s and will not be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Winston-Salem Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Winston-Salem Marriott Downtown. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding your stay. I would love to receive more feedback. May you contact me at (336) 725-3500 or at Stephanie.Wilkins@twincityquarter.com.

Sincerely, Stephanie Wilkins
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Yes, there's renovation going on, but that has nothing to do with the problems at this hotel. First of all, housekeeping is not on top of things. There was one roll of t.p. in the bathroom, with about 1/4 inch of toilet paper, and no replacement rolls. In the room, there was one sad little piece of paper, so if you needed to write down things, you were pretty much out of luck. The bathroom door doesn't lock - not that we needed it to, but some people might. And it's a big, heavy barn-door type of thing. Really stupid. The shower is unnecessarily complicated, with big clunky fixtures that give no clue as to what they do. The thermostat is ridiculous, surely there are better ones on the market. And why no recycling?

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Winston-Salem Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Winston-Salem Marriott Downtown. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. I will be sure to address your concerns with the hotel management team in efforts to improve in overall guest satisfaction. Please allow us another opportunity to host you directly if travels bring you back to the Winston-Salem area. Sincerely, Stephanie Wilkins Front Office Manager Stephanie.Wilkins@twincityquarter.com