“The place is in terrible condition. Beef brisket was really bad.”
Review of Pig Pickin's of America - CLOSED

Pig Pickin's of America
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I was there for a weekday lunch ordered beef brisket and sides of greenbeans and fried okra. The beef was not brisket as I know brisket. More like a smoked top round that was then sliced and grilled before plated. Sides were not great either. I assume their traditional pork BBQ is better otherwise the doors would be closed by now.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This building was originally built as a Sonic Drive-In, and that's why the restrooms are outside around back. It's really scary if you need to use the restrooms because of their location. As we drove away recently, I noticed the doors to the restroom standing open and the door were very heavily weathered by the elements. I can't imagine taking a small child to the restroom - I think I'd walk next door to Bojangles. The people who own Pig Pickin's are very nice & friendly, but they need to spend a little money on the inside of the restaurant. It's not very clean, and everything feels sticky icky. The upholstered seats on some of the furniture in the dining room are dirty. On a recent visit, we noticed they must have had some water damage because the floor was buckled and squeaky as we walked into the dining room. The area was sectioned off with tape and orange cones. Their BBQ is o.k. but not exceptional. It always seems mushy to me, but their BBQ sauce is very good. I enjoy their BBQ salads and request "outside brown" meat so there's a little crunch on top of the lettuce. Their BBQ slaw is good, and most everything on the menu is very good. Their hushpuppies are just about the best I have ever eaten - much better than Bib's spicy ones. Every now and then, Plank Road Bluegrass Band plays during the week, so we always try to go and support the band and restaurant. I have heard the restaurant is struggling financially, so I feel obligated to help this small business in my neighborhood. Just wish they would spiff up the place a little.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We recently attended the rib fest in Winston Salem and tried samples from al of the rib specialist who had vendor areas set up. The absolute best ribs that we tried were from pig pickens. In fact they were so good we stopped by on our way out and ordered a full slab of ribs to take home. Their ribs far exceeded all of the other vendors!

2  Thank pjkiss
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

If you want good local barbeque go to this place in pfafftown nc. Had it last nite. Great bbque slaw also.

2  Thank sourcebattery
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had Pig Pickin's cater our daughter's wedding and they did a great job! We had an outdoor wedding and reception with barbecue, corn on the cob, slaw, rolls, sweet tea and lemonade. The food was great and perfect for a country wedding. It rained and our tent leaked but the Pig Pickin's staff jumped right in and helped wipe up the leaks before the guests were seated. They even helped decorate the cupcakes and set up the bar -tasks they were not paid to do but which really helped us out when we were running behind! Thank you Pig Pickins's staff for helping make our daughter's wedding so special!

1  Thank Polly S