Brookstown Inn(Winston Salem)
US$140
US$93
Doubletree.com
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$126
US$114
US$84
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Winston-Salem(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$60
US$120
Hampton.com
All reviewsbed and breakfastold salemb bsback porchquiet place to stayyogurtcookieslovely visitbreakfast was deliciouseach morningeach eveningspent one nightwake forestaugustuslindatavernparlor
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We made reservations for the 3rd floor but upon arrival Linda noticed our "arthritic bodies" and let us look at 2 other rooms to let us make a change if we wished. We did gratefully opt for the 2nd floor. This B&B is beautifully restored but so authentic down to the cabinets and pewter in them. We loved sitting in the parlor in huge chairs in front of one of the many fireplaces.
The breakfast listed as continental was really a delicious small feast of homemade quiche, French toast, sausage. This location is right across a quiet street from the Tavern which served the best dinner. It was so nice to be able to just walk back to our place. In fact this is a walking part of W-S where we could enjloy the other historical buildings and yards. The local bakery makes the best sugar cakes. We felt so welcomed by the owner and the chef. Hope we can return soon.

Room Tip: Very steep stairs lead to the 3rd floor. Garden rooms are large. Our front 2nd floor room had a nice view of the historical town. All rooms seem quiet and cozy.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nothing prepared me for unexpectedly delight of this inn on the main street in historic Old Salem. It was warm, welcoming, comfortable and quiet, and very carefully managed with the highest of standards. Beautiful bouquets of fresh local flowers were in arrangements in every public room, breakfasts were lavish, delicious, and freshly-made, bed linens were top of the line, and the rooms were decorated with fine historic reproductions. An "L" shaped historic home, the inside of the "L" is a two-story generously sized open piazza with seating, all overlooking the lush and dense gardens below. I felt lucky to have stumbled into this little gem of a place, where as a single female traveler, I was warmly welcomed to feel quite at home.

The innkeeper - Linda - and breakfast chef - Sherry - both took extraordinary efforts to meet each guests needs with hospitality and warmth. What will you find when you go? An historic central hall early Colonial home, with a parlor on one side including two fireside chair-and-a-halfs, a small library, and other sitting areas, and a sunny dining room on the other side. The dining room has a vestibule where you can get coffee from 6 am on, a refrigerator full of bottled water, and a big ice machine - help yourself at any hour! In the rear hall is the check-in area -- and most importantly, that's where you'll find fresh baked cookies every night when you return from your day's adventures.

I was lucky enough to stay in the Winter Kitchen suite - which I recommend highly if you are traveling with someone else who needs their own room. That suite had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a connecting living room. The smaller bedroom had a queen sized bed, the larger bedroom was gigantic, with a huge king 4-poster bed facing an huge open fireplace hearth, where big gas logs fired up at the touch of a switch. Two wing chairs at the foot of the bed faced the fireplace....I wished I'd had company and cooler weather, to sit and enjoy a fire there. Both the large bedroom and living room opened onto the piazza. Each bedroom has its own TV, and I found wi-fi worked perfectly throughout the inn, as did my AT&T cell phone.

I stay in B & Bs almost exclusively when I travel and this experience at Zeverly Inn was one of my top experiences in 20 years of traveling. I won't be staying anywhere else when I return to Winston Salem on future trips.

1  Thank JTTRBUG
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This past weekend on July 4th, we arrived at the Inn for what would have been our fourth stay at The Zevely. We were told we could not check in before 3pm so we spend the day in Old Salem. The Inn Keeper greeted us at the front door. When my husband announced we were checking in, she looked at me holding our 1yr old child, then looked back at my husband and announced they do not allow children. First she stated that the noise could disturb other guests. My husband reminded her that they allowed pets and that we had booked the room that was not adjacent to the main house that had a seperate entrance. She reiterated that was their policy. He asked at what age they were allowed. The Inn Keeper said, "When they are grown up." She had no answer when we asked when someone is grown up. She stated that all guests are asked when booking who is in their party. It was the same lady that booked our room and we were never asked about our party. There is no information about a no children policy on their website. She made no effort to find us somewhere else to stay. We quickly found out that a conference in town had all hotels booked and we had to drive 45min away to find somewhere. I have no problem with a no children policy, but would expect that policy to be clearly indicated. I have seen children staying in the Inn before. I found it outrageous that she would turn a family away on a holiday without any effort to help us find other accommodations.

7  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed July 3, 2013. Excellent place to stay. Beatuifuly decorated period house with 12 rooms. Clean, friendly, comfortable and excellent location. Our Queen room was $125 including tax. Room had everything we needed including alarm clock and hair dryer. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend. Our experience was nothing like April 21 "too hot on 3rd floor"comments. Just saying...

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as a short get-a-way, spur of the moment. The B&B is located right in the middle of Old Salem which was so convenient. We were greeted by Sherry when we arrived, she was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the history. We were given a tour of the B&B and she explained the breakfast set up and times. We went out that evening and upon returning we found baked chocolate chip cookies and brownies available...yum! The room was nice and the outside deck area with rocking chairs was wonderful. For breakfast we enjoyed home-made french toast, sausage, muffins, etc. which was placed as a buffet style. Very nice and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple