Harbor Inn
Shell Island Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$300
Blockade Runner Beach Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$243
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$498
US$164
Homewood
US$107
Fairfield Inn
TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$125
All reviewsbunk bedsintracoastal waterwaylocation is greatother hotelsbalconykitchenetteprivacywrightsvillefixturescondo
Reviewed January 15, 2012

If you have to be in Wilmington for business and need a hotel room, the Harbor Inn is THE place to stay. The rooms accommodate quite a few people and are nicely designed with a kitchenette incorporated. It's the last stop before you cross the Intracoastal into Wrightsville.

Room Tip: Room was near ice machine, but pleasantly quiet. View out over the ICC. Parking underneath building is nice in rain. Beds not the most comfortable--nor pillows, but one must adapt when there is such value.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Myaglubpanny
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Found this online while my girlfriend and I was traveling to Wilmington nc. Small size office nothing fancy but all the staff answered all our questions about places to eat, the room, etc. The room was a surprise. With a small kitchen two bunk beds queen size bed and a sleeper sofa two theater size chairs to watch the flat screen tv. Very clean. The hotel is on the causeway so there is traffic going across the bridge. But it was not a distraction because the view of the water, boats, birds, and beautiful homes were serene. There was also a pool (just too cold at this time to take a dip). The cost was very reasonable especially for the size and wonderful design. My favorite each bed had bedside reading lights you could adjust personally to read a good book.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank gabykat7
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Our stay was overshadowed by a dispute with them.

My wife made a reservation, but never received a confirmation. She called back weeks later and they had no record of our reservation. So, she made another. Again--- no confirmation.

Luckily, when we showed up, they did have us in their system.

On the day of our return, they called us saying we were no- shows and were charging us for one night.

Turns out, they claim we made a reservation at their "sister" property. We reasoned that we did stay at one of their properties, couldn't possibly stay at both properties, but they were insistent and refused to refund the one night's fee.

We called AmEx, disputed the charge and they will deal with it.

As for the motel, it's nice. I say "motel" because there are no interior hallways, no services, and the soaps are the tiniest things you've ever seen. I have packs of gum bigger than their soap bars.

One towel was torn and ragged (inexcusable).

Rooms are nice: think Ikea. New, modern furnishings, appliances and fixtures.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank HomoQuiScitOmnia
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The Harbor Inn was perfect for a group of 6 female friends spending a week at the beach! It is located in a perfect location. We were 5 minutes walking distance to the beach and to the restaurants and bars of Wrightsville Beach. The size of the room was not too small for the 6 of us. There was a Queen size bed, pull out sofa bed, and set of twin bunk beds. We found all the mattresses comfortable. The room is updated and modern. The kitchenette was the right size for a one week stay. We ate our breakfast and lunch in the room everyday. All the rooms have a view of the harbor. The staff was all very helpful. And all of this for a great price! I would definitely return and would definitely recommend it to others!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank lbbunc
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Greetings! I went to Wrightsville Beach and stayed in this GEM of a hotel on the sound side of the beach. At first I was disappointed at not having found a beach front property, but as soon as I walked in my room, I immediately changed my mind. The room was just GORGEOUS. BUNK beds ( !!!!!! ) a huge king-er bed, a kitchen, a dining and living area with LARGE couch and two GI-NORMOUS captain-type chairs, ( all three items of leather, ) nice roomy bathroom, and a porch on the back with comfy deck chairs and the most AMAZING VIEW of the harbor. I was in HEAVEN. The view of the harbor was so beautiful and it was so quiet and peaceful, and just mezmerising. Also I wanted to mention that the rooms are spotless. The hotel is right on the bridge and you can walk right into town and get to the beach or a restaurant or pub or whatever..It is walking distance to the post office, and a huge civic center where you can get into a touch football game, or frisbee, or an aerobics workout, or a yoga class or....A couple miles away is a very nice shopping center with a big grocery store, drug store, a tons of little shops and restaurants. About four miles away you will find a huge shopping center with all the favorites and a few local treasures. The Saturday I was there, the church on the next block had an outdoor film viewing! The Harbor Inn has all of the advantages of a beach front plus more, and none of the ususal noise associated with beachfront properties. Special thanks to the desk staff. ( I believe they are nichole, and melissa. ) They were stellar gals and very helpful. You HAVE to check out this place! It is BRILLIANT! And the off season rates are VERY reasonable. Best regards!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo