“WHY stay on the beach when you can have THIS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Harbor Inn
North Carolina
“WHY stay on the beach when you can have THIS!”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Greetings! I went to Wrightsville Beach and stayed in this GEM of a hotel on the sound side of the beach. At first I was disappointed at not having found a beach front property, but as soon as I walked in my room, I immediately changed my mind. The room was just GORGEOUS. BUNK beds ( !!!!!! ) a huge king-er bed, a kitchen, a dining and living area with LARGE couch and two GI-NORMOUS captain-type chairs, ( all three items of leather, ) nice roomy bathroom, and a porch on the back with comfy deck chairs and the most AMAZING VIEW of the harbor. I was in HEAVEN. The view of the harbor was so beautiful and it was so quiet and peaceful, and just mezmerising. Also I wanted to mention that the rooms are spotless. The hotel is right on the bridge and you can walk right into town and get to the beach or a restaurant or pub or whatever..It is walking distance to the post office, and a huge civic center where you can get into a touch football game, or frisbee, or an aerobics workout, or a yoga class or....A couple miles away is a very nice shopping center with a big grocery store, drug store, a tons of little shops and restaurants. About four miles away you will find a huge shopping center with all the favorites and a few local treasures. The Saturday I was there, the church on the next block had an outdoor film viewing! The Harbor Inn has all of the advantages of a beach front plus more, and none of the ususal noise associated with beachfront properties. Special thanks to the desk staff. ( I believe they are nichole, and melissa. ) They were stellar gals and very helpful. You HAVE to check out this place! It is BRILLIANT! And the off season rates are VERY reasonable. Best regards!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank candlejack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Burgaw, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2010

i got a room for one night to throw my sister a birthday party. It was great i walked in and it was so clean couldn't find any dust anywhere! the lady at the front was so nice and helpful. the pool is small but what do you expect with a hotel that only has 20 rooms. the view at night was amazing. honestly I've been back there 4 times to stay. the more u go the more like family they make you feel. I would recommend this hotel to everybody going to Wrightsville Beach.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank estycaitlin
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed 9 January 2010

This is a nice place to stay! The view is great, the rooms are clean and modern, and the general "feeling" I get from here is good. I stayed over the Christmas break so it was kinda slow, which was peaceful. I want to come back in the summer.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PGHbound
Atlanta
Reviewed 30 August 2008

The hotel is in a good location. We were told it was non-smoking, but people next to us not only smoked in the room, but on the balcony. When I went down to the office to complain, the manager was smoking in the office. We were told entire hotel was NON Smoking.
They also offer Wifi, but when we got there were told it was not guaranteed and we had to sit outside the office to get it to work. We never had it in our room.
Pool is small and not well maintained.
The room was clean and nice. Bed was very small for 2 people, so one of us had to be on the bunk bed.

• Liked — the room was nice except for bed size
  • Disliked — smoke, smoke, smoke couldn't get away from it
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 March 2008

stayed here again this past weekend.. nothing is better than a clean room!!! ok. a pefect view of the harbor.. great staff, and the location!!!!! romantic voodoo here.... you think all is awesome during the day.. but nighttime brings magic.....

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank panache1
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 10 February 2008

I totally enjoyed my stay here! The rooms are awesome, the staff is very pleasant, and the price is perfect. You can not go wrong here!!!

Stayed January 2008
3 Thank alanu05
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 July 2007

My stay at the Harbor Inn was wonderful. I was back in WB in May and was disappointed because I could not stay there - the inn is being renovated. I have stayed at other hotels in WB - and the HB is great. You can see the sunrise and the sunset - walk to the beach. The staff is great -

Can't wait until they re=open!!!

• Liked — Accomodations, Location
  • Disliked — Internet Access
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank beachbabe127
0.7 km away
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!