All reviewsfront desktraveling throughroom was cleantheodore roosevelt national parkdecent breakfastone night staywafflesfree breakfastdefinitely stay here againnorth dakotanoiseelevatorhousekeepinginterstate
Reviewed June 6, 2017

While I had no problems during my stay in this hotel, I felt the price (granted it was booked through expedia.com online) was not par with the hotel itself. It has been recently renovated and looks nice, if you don't look with too close of an eye. I will say that all of the staff I dealt with were more than helpful and friendly. It's just that the renovation of the hotel did not justify the price in my opinion. I'd recommend the Holiday Inn Express down the road which is a brand new building for a few bucks more.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Dear Christine z,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North. I'm glad to hear you found our entire staff to be friendly and helpful as we do take great pride in that. I'm also glad you enjoyed our recent updates. However, I apologize that our rates weren't to your satisfaction. We do constantly monitor them to ensure we are remaining competitive with other hotels in our area. I hope we will have another chance to host you during your next trip to Bismarck.

Aaron P.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

We have been traveling for almost ten days and were quite Marriott loyal. This hotel was a big disappointment. The greeting we received was robotic instead of welcoming. The best thing about the room was the new carpets... but other than that it was devoid of any personality. Unfortunately the personality of the plave came out in the morning through the food service area staff. We arrived at 9:00, but did not realize that the breakfast closed at nine. Other people were still in the vicinity and no-one told us if the times. My husband made a plate, noticed there was no juice. I went to the waffle maker and poured the batter in and waited for it to cook. Suddenly an irritated worker came from the back and started slamming some things around and said something like our breakfast has ended, what is this? I responded that is sorry, that i didnt realize that. She retorted by asking me if I couldn't see the waffle was unplugged? I had not noticed that either ... noting that it was warm, and i didnt know that AND apologized again. Feeling very uncomfortable, my husband, said that we were fine. She responded, "well I am not."
We decided that it was time to leave. Seriously, this may be the worst customer service I have ever received in all my travels. No recovery was attempted at the front desk upon our departure either.
Other areas included an over stuffed. Jun emptied garbage can at entry, poir craftsmanship on the tiling in the bathroom, making it look dirty on what was apparently remodeled last year. Small things, like the lock stop being misplaced so it was useless all add up to think that there is not a lot of care for easy things to maintain. Last example? At 9:00 am no ice water and no newspaper, making that whole area looking stale and dirty instead of refreshing.

Hey, we didn't pay for fancy, but we sure didn't pay to be yelled at either. Very disappointing and upsetting.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality1, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Dear Valerie K,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North. I'm very sorry to hear about the less than satisfactory service you received from a member of my staff. I assure you this is not typical. Your comments have been shared with my team to ensure that was an isolated incident. I hope we will have a chance to make up for this during your next trip to Bismarck.

Aaron P.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

This motel is oddly placed but once you figure out how to get to it you are fine. THe rooms are clean and well mantained. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is normal hotel food. I would stay again. Note it was a good bargain also!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2017

The hotel, front desk area, lobby and rooms are all very clean and modern. The rooms are large and well set up. There is a new aroma in the facility (cookies?) that is a bit overwhelming. The hotel is close to a large road so it is a bit noisy with all the traffic. I turned on the heater to constant fan and that helped a bit, but still heard the traffic. A nice place, a little tricky to get to, but I would return.

Room Tip: try to be away from the road
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Friendly staff, nice lobby. Plenty of seating in the breakfast area. Free Wifi in rooms. Did not use the pool are of the fitness room. Plenty of parking. Nice hot and cold breakfast items in the morning along with a pancake maker!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business