“Only place we stay in Bismarck”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
China
“Only place we stay in Bismarck”
Reviewed 6 February 2010

My wife's parents live in MN and my parents live in MT so we drive across ND every summer when we come back home. This is my favorite hotel to stay in along the way. The beds are comfortable, it is in a great location, a Perkins close by. The breakfast isn't the best as the eggs are powdered but they do have waffles. I opt for Perkins in the morning, but that is the only downer about the hotel. The rooms feel nicer than a lot of other hotels similar and the staff have always been helpful and friendly. I have stayed here 3 times and will again this coming summer.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
North Dakota
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We stayed here for a night on a weekend getaway. We went with friends and we wanted a good pool with a slide for our little boy. The hotel was very clean, nice pillows, great free breakfast in the morning, and the pool was awesome! There is a great baby pool and the water felt like most other hotel's hot tubs. The pool that the slide dumps into was almost as warm, and the slide was a lot of fun. We actually stayed in the pool longer than 15 minutes because it was so warm, and the chlorine wasn't so strong that it burned your eyes. The hot tub was very warm, and quite large. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I recently stayed here for some work related training November 30 through December 4, 2009. This is the hotel that is used by my place of employment when accomodations are needed. I arrived a little after 9 am on Monday morning, and didn't figure I would be able to check in until that afternoon. The lady at the front said as long as she had a room available I would be able to check in--and I was. I got to my room on the second floor and wasn't that surprised, as the pictures on the website match the room perfectly. I had two queen beds and a large armoire to use for my clothes. I ended up using one of the beds, as two were not needed because it was just myself. The bathroom was large, with a nice selection of toiletries and extra towels, wash cloths, and hand towels. There was also a small microwave and small refrigerator in the room, just outside of the bathroom. The bed was comfortable; the sheets were soft with plenty of bedding. I really liked the comforter. The only complaint is the pillows. They were about half the size of normal pillows, so I put three of them end to end so they stretched the width of the bed. There was also free high speed internet in my room, which I enjoyed because it allowed me to keep in touch with my husband during the week. Before my meeting, I looked around downstairs and found the work out area. I was a bit disappointed by this, as they had a small weight contraption, and an old exercise bike and treadmill. Later that night I did use both the bike and treadmill--that was the one and only time. I wasn't impressed with the "gym" area. The breakfast area was nice. It had a large selection of breads, yogurts, cereals, juices, coffees, and every morning there were different hot items; this morning it was eggs and bacon. The breakfast area looked out into the pool area, which had a waterslide and hot tub. I didn't use the pool area, but there were some children that were, and they looked like they were having fun. A girl from my training meeting said the pool was only 3 feet deep, but I can't confirm that because I didn't really pay attention. I had been given a free drink ticket when I checked in, but I didn't use it. All in all, my stay was enjoyable. The staff was very friendly, especially one of the cleaning girls. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and quiet.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Saskatoon
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We needed to overnight in Bismarck on our way to Kansas for a ball tournament and on were quite pleased with that we stayed again on our way home. The hotel is clean and modern. The rooms are a fair size and perfect for a family of five. The hide-a-bed was small but worked just fine. The breakfast was hot and fresh and offered some healthy choices. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. Be aware that there is no elevator at this 2 storey hotel so if you have oodles of heavy luggage you're going to be carrying them up a flight of stairs so ask for a main floor room.

If you have kids, there is a great pool area with a waterslide.

Really a nice experience and a great bang for the buck!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Clean rooms and comfy beds. Room layout is 2 Queens + sofa sleeper seperated by a privacy wall. The sofa sleeper is a single bed size.

This seemed to be an older hotel, but it was well maintained, so its age did not show too much. The beds seemed to be new. Breakfast included hot items like eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy etc. Rooms are a little tight, but seemed to have been modernized as the LCD TV / furniture were new. The fridge and microwave in the room were a little small, but served their purpose.

Of note: this hotel has 2 floors but NO elevator. Not fun when you have a van full of luggage to haul up a flight of stairs! Guest laundry is free, interestingly enough, and that was a welcomed bonus.

Staff was very helpful. Pool area has a slide that all ages can enjoy, although it couldn't hurt to clean the area more than once a day.

Also be sure to note that on check in, we were presented with drink vouchers to the lounge at the nearby Comfort Inn (about 100 feet across a parking lot). We did not use them as the bar seemed a little disreputable.

Very good value for the price we payed, but we might consider something with larger rooms the next time we stay here.

• Stayed July 2009
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We just came from the Days Inn in West Yellowstone where we paid $149/nt, it was a total dump, as was every hotel we have paid exhorbitant prices for as we traveled to SD and on to Yellowstone. We pulled into this Comfort Suites and for around $75, we were so PLEASED! The suite has two double beds, a microwave, a dorm fridge, and a loveseat that pulls out into a couch, a nice desk, wireless internet, a flat tv, nice furniture, hot/continental breakfast, and a nice pool with a water slide!! Nice sized bathroom, wood floor entry way to the room, nice lobby, nice desk clerk, I would have LOVED to stay here for a week, such a refreshing change from the other hotels we experienced west of here! Don't hesitate to stay in this nice hotel with HUGE, clean, nice rooms!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
West Coast USA
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Room was clean, staff were nice. Inexpensive. Breakfast was very good, Water slide is great for even young kids. Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family