“No frills, I guess you get what you pay for?!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Bismarck

Motel 6 Bismarck
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Manitoba
“No frills, I guess you get what you pay for?!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Although the room (103) was recently updated, there is no carpet, just vinyl bamboo look flooring, which is not comfortable to walk on when you get out of bed. No hair dryer, no shampoo,and towels are rough like brillo pads. Internet is an additional cost of $2.99. When the person checked in in the second floor room overhead, you could hear ever step taken above. Won't be staying here again any time soon.

Room Tip: Just pay a bit more & stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bismarck, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We arrrived late into Bismarck and after checking a couple of motels that were all ready full decided to try this one. No wonder they had rooms available, it was awful. Walls were paper thin and could hear plainly what was happening in the next room. My husband returned to our truck to get more luggage and was accosted by 2 men and he immediately returned to our room and said we weren't staying here. Obviously not a good area. He went to the office and asked for a refund and we looked elsewhere. Would not recommend this motel. I hope this doesn't speak for all Motel 6's.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

From bad to worse. All of it due to incompetence. Drove from Chicago to Bismark in 1 shot & was just beat when we arrived at this Motel 6. The next day the plan was to drive from Bismark to Bozeman, MT. I shared this info. with the front desk clerk. The clerk asked if we had children or pets; we answered no to both. We were put in room 109 & there weren't many other vehicles in that area of the hotel, it was nice & quiet. Around 10:30pm a very loud vehicle comes rumbling in and idols right in front of our room. A hispanic woman jumps out, unlocks the door near us, steps in, steps out, bam! slams the door, jumps in the rumbly vehicle and leaves. Then at 1:30am the rumbly vehicle returns, this time it's 2 hispanic women, 3 older kids, and 1 couching crying infant. 6 bodies in the room next to us. 3 misbehaved children and a COUGHING CRYING SICK INFANT. We IMMEDIATELY call the front desk clerk and ask him what the heck he was thinking and why he didn't use the brains in his head and put this family someplace else - the parking lot was virtually EMPTY - he had choices - he knew he was putting 4 kids next to a couple of very tired long-distance drivers. The clerks response was that if we didn't like it we could get out of bed, get dressed, pack up and move to a different room. We call the clerk several more times, the last time was at 3:30am - we are still being kept awake by the kids & infant that he put next door to us. I ask the clerk to have the manager call me as soon as they arrive - I was told that was 6am. We receive no call from the manager & I'm so aggravated that I tell myself "I'll deal with Corporate once I get home"

I get home. I contact Motel 6 via their web form online because there is no number for customer service/guest relations. I tell guest relations my story and I ask for a refund. We got no sleep, it made for a horrible next day of driving. This was 100% the fault of the front desk clerk. He should never have put those kids/that family next to us and he didn't call them to move them to a different area of the hotel before they settled in and I gave him the opportunity to do that.

I get an email from guest relations saying "sorry about your stay, have a free night on us" I write back and say I don't want a free night, I want a refund. The email rejects. I have to go online and fill that form out AGAIN.

I get an email from guest relations saying "contact the motel's general manager to discuss a refund". I respond to that email and it rejects. This time I call the motel's general manager who tells me that she doesn't have the authority to issue refunds it has to be guest relations. I read guest relations letter to her... again. She still insists she can't do anything about it. I ask her to call guest relations. She doesn't volunteer to. She's just all "derrr derrr derrr". I also call guest relations back and guest relations tells me "it's out of our hands it's up to the general manager". OH MY GOD!!!! I explain, again, that the general manager is under the impression that it's consumer relations responsibility. Consumer relations is all "derrr derrr derrrr" and I have to ask consumer relations to call the general manager. They do. They tell me she will issue a refund. Then, AND THIS IS JUST FREAKIN GREAT, the general manager sends my ENTIRE credit card number AND expiration date VIA EMAIL to corporate accounting!!!! WHAT???!!! REALLY PEOPLE???? THANK YOU!!! Now I have to cancel my credit card & get a new one issued in order to make sure my line of credit stays secure. Sending my credit card info & exp date via email (1) violates the terms of their contract w/ the creditor (2) violates Motel 6 corporate policy (2) is a huge inconvenience for me & violates consumer protection laws/responsibilities. I AM LIVID! LIVID!!!!

I've filed complaints with the creditor's merchant services department and with the BBB who I hope will escalate to the state Atty. General. I'm even thinking about contacting a lawyer. Do you really think this is the first time credit card info has been sent via email within this company? I don't. Screams "Investigate me"!

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank hamsa0908
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Honestly, I am a high end kind of traveler so this stay at the Motel 6 was not one I was excited about before I arrived. However, upon arrival I found the staff very friendly and the room was amazingly clean - very nice smell of fresh soap. Recently remodeled rooms with flooring rather than carpeting which I found quite pleasant. Room was comfortable. Great price.

Room Tip: Take your own shampoo and blow dryer - they do not supply either
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Vwhitecpa
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I checked in here and checked out almost immediately. My travel agent reserved a non-smoking room and they gave me smoking. The room actually looked fairly clean but reeked of smoke so I took a hotel 40 miles away. Appearance, location, level of cleanliness and upkeep are all bad. The clerk at the desk was also rude and seemed overwhelmed. The only positive is that they seem to be trying to spruce things up - new blacktop in one area, new paint outside in one area. Nevertheless, much remind to be done.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Bringstheeagle
montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The room was OK; bed wasn't great, but the room was clean. The exterior was YUCKY! Very dirty cement sidewalks with cigarette butts. Someone had left two trash bags outside their door when I checked in, and they were still there in the morning. Above each door is an air conditioner, which leaks. So when you walk out your door there's a puddle and dripping on your head. I like to find cheap, clean hotel rooms; I'm not a big fan of paying a hundred bucks for a bed. This was a cheap room, but as I went up and down the filthy cement steps, I kept thinking this might have been the night to spend a little more money.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lorraine2009
Helena
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Very run down. Walls and carpet were dirty and grimy. Ceiling above shower had holes and was peelling. Shower floor had cracks. Non-smoking room blanket had a number of burn holes. The one good thing was the room did have a nice fridge and microwave. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family