All reviews kirkwood mall an older hotel staff was friendly north dakota conference lounge waterslides banquet pet
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Visited this hotel hoping to take advantage of the waterpark. The waterpark is subpar. I thought it would be a lot better for the kids. It is a good pool for 12+. The two slides that are drop offs are in the deep end which are in the 5ft deep end. The pool was colder and the air in the pool area was cool. The kids area was very small it could be brought up to a great standard with better fixtures. As for the room caulking in the room had bald mould. Red paint or something on the floor. Coffee tasted like swamp water. The room heat pump wouldn’t put out cold air. So had to unplug and open window. The temp control was broken. Probably wouldn’t spend another visit here. Staff were friendly.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Cecil D, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

It is always very sad to hear a bad comment, and I would like to apologize for all the issues you had to experience staying with us, I am really sorry about that.

I will discuss this matter with all Department Heads.

If you ever thinking of staying in Bismarck, please give me the opportunity to fix this bad stay, just ask for me by name.

Cecil Daniels, Night Manager

Reviewed February 21, 2018

We reserved a poolside room for our daughter's birthday. A group of rude people that did not have a poolside room took the tables and chairs from our room and also the adjoining room. The front desk told me it is first come first serve. Our party was ruined!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your valued feedback. We at the hotel always try to make everyone happy and satisfied, I am sorry you had to deal with some rude people, and that the party was ruined. We can't reserve tables and chairs in the pool, and for that I am really sorry.

Cecil Daniels

Reviewed February 13, 2018

This used to be a favorite place to stay in Bismarck but it is in desperate need of some upgrades. We stayed in poolside room, so they are used a LOT, so could be a little cleaner (stains on carpet, hair in shower that wan't ours). Our kids were looking forward to swimming and always have a great time but the water was so cold they couldn't hardly stay in it for longer than a few minutes. They would go to hot tub to warm up but the next morning the hot tub was out of order all day. We had a room for 2 days so we left wet swim wear up to dry and when we returned they were gone, had to call front desk to locate these items, was forwarded to manager and they did finally find the items but not very friendly to talk to. It is located right across the street from the mall so that is nice. No continental breakfast because there is a restaurant. Could use some upkeep to keep up to par.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback, we at the Ramkota welcome any comments, even if they not nice to hear. I would like to apologize for all the issues your experienced while staying here.

And I am very excited to share with you, that we are upgrading a lot of rooms this year. And I would like to welcome you back soon, please ask for me by name, and I will make sure you are taking care off like we always try to do here at Ramkota.

Best Regards
Cecil Daniels, Night Manager

Reviewed February 8, 2018

The room was either too hot or too cold and the heater sounded like a diesel truck. The plumbing fixtures sounded like they were attached to roof vents and kept banging all night. The worn out mattress springs squeaked. The mortar-type caulking they used in the shower collected hair from the previous user. The hot tub jets didn't put out much pressure. I found more bad than good with this place. I would not stay here if my company did not host their conventions here. It's a great location, but the hotel is a dump!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback Jeremy.

I am really sorry you had such a bad experience staying with us, and I hope we will have the opportunity to fix this bad experience with a more pleasant one for you in the future.

We are in process of upgrading a lot of rooms this year, and we are working hard to make this hotel great again.

Cecil

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

I switched my reservation to here from the La Quinta when I was told by a conference organizer that they could get me a lower rate at the Ramkota and it was within walking distance of the Event Center where the conference was held.

I should have stayed with the La Quinta. Upon arrival and after a long walk to my room, I discovered the keycard was not working. Walked back to the desk and the could not find anyone to fix the card reader so gave me a new room. That room was on the second floor and opened to the indoor pool area. Apparently all the heat from the pool room leaks into my room as it was 74 in the room eventhough the thermostat was set at 67. This made for an uncomfortable night as I am used to cool temps when sleeping.

Next morning I discovered there was no shampoo (but two containers of conditioner) in the room.

Oh, and that lower rate? Didn't get it. Instead paid $30/night more than I would have at the La Quinta. Even after raising this with the manager on duty, she refused to give me any discount.

Bottomline: Ramkota does not want my business, so I will avoid it in the future.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Cecil D, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we value every comment even if it's not nice to hear. I would like to apologize for all the inconvenience you had to experience while staying with us.

Hope you will give us another shot, to fix this horrible stay to a more pleasant stay, because we at Ramkota really appreciate your business.

Cecil Daniels