“Poor service, rude:(” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Poor service, rude:(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Chose this hotel based on positive reviews, but unfortunately, the hotel did not live up to the billing. The bathroom was filthy, and when I mentioned it to the front desk, they shot back, "well, they are cleaned every day." Really? The front desk clerk was rude and short at check in, and their reaction to my asking about hair in the tub and on the toilet was off the charts. I will not be back, beware.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SettleInnFargo, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and our cleanliness, so when I read your comment, I was shocked. As you stated, you stayed here because of all the positive reviews. Our staff takes pride in the fact that we have remained number 1 on trip advisor for months. We take special care to write down any concerns guests have and do everything we can to correct the situation. Unfortunately, I have not seen anything in our log book or heard anything from the staff about a situation like this, so I sincerely apologize for that. I would like to speak with you about this so that we can continue provide excellent service by improving on mistakes. I ask that you please give me a call or send me an email so we can discuss the issues. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Beds were a firm. Room was very clean. But what I didn't understand is why these rooms are about $30+ than some about a block away. But breakfast was good lots of options & I had forgotten my phone charger in the room after check out & the staff was kind enough to hold it for me until I called & picked ot up.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank PlayinOutsides
SettleInnFargo, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for choosing the Settle Inn & Suites for your visit to Fargo and taking the time to write a review. I hope to answer your question about rates. There are many reasons that can affect pricing at a hotel. We are very competitive with pricing in our market for the amenities we have to offer. The hotel that you saw for $30 less may not have the same amenities that we do. We base our prices on our direct competition along with supply and demand. Depending on when you stayed, it may have been a high demand evening for our type of hotel. We do strive to give you a great value at a fair price. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return in the future.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Settle Inn in mid-February. This was our second stay in the Jacuzzi suite. The hotel is literally right next to Gander Mountain which was very handy for my husband to walk to. It’s also in the area of the Famous Dave’s and Mexican Village restaurants. The hotel looks lovely and spacious as did our room. The main bedroom, bathroom and Jacuzzi area are all very roomy. The bed was firm and pillows comfortable, both to our liking. The bath foam was great! The shower head provides a variety of water flow options.
Breakfast included biscuits with gravy, waffles, hard boiled eggs, various flavors of bagels, muffins, cereals, and yogurt, small doughnuts, and more. We tried the homemade bread but found it to be quite hard and dry. Staff was always there busily restocking and cleaning which was great and certainly needed considering how busy it was.
The pool is very much geared to children, with a small waterslide, etc. The hotel was bustling with young families when we were there, in fact I’ve never in my life seen so many children around during a hotel stay, and these weren’t even kids who were members of a sports team.
We did not have much interaction with staff but everyone was certainly pleasant and helpful when we did. The hotel in general and our room in particular was very clean. The 12 noon checkout was very nice although we found our key card no longer worked after 11 am. Luckily this wasn’t an inconvenience to us as it might be to others who aren’t expecting it and who would require assistance in getting back into their room.
I would highly recommend this hotel and in particular the Jacuzzi suite which was a real treat.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Winnipegger4
Thank you so much for great review of our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. For those that have never experienced one of our jacuzzi suites, it is definitely a treat to find out how much room it actually has, so thank you for mentioning that. I do apologize about your key not working after 11. I have looked into our key coding system and everything seems functioning, but I do know those types of keys that the hotel industry uses, can sometimes be "temperamental". I am so glad it was not an inconvenience to you. I appreciate all your kind words and hope to see you again!
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at the Settle Inn recently for a weekend trip of shopping and enjoying Fargo. We stayed in a king suite. The king suite was $20 more per night compared to the regular king room and was well worth it. The pull-out couch and sitting area, along with the large bar was very nice. Our room was nice and clean, as is the rest of the hotel. Our rate was $119 per night, which was booked through the hotel's website.

The room was large with nice furniture that kept with the rustic theme and look of the hotel. The bathroom was as you would expect in any other hotel. The lobby is nice and the front desk guy was helpful. Two TVs in the room was cool.

A few downsides to the Settle Inn is the price which is a bit steep for the quality of the hotel, the lack of glass cups in the room (manager take note - plastic cups aren't acceptable at $100+ a night), and the exceptionally poor mattress quality. It was like a slab of cement, though the linen was very good. We swam in the pool and hot tub and one of us got a bad skin rash - too much chlorine, though with all the kids I can understand that. The pool area is okay, with a large hot tub. The main pool was crowded and small. Cool waterslide suitable for all ages.

The continental breakfast was okay though nothing spectacular. Waffle station and biscuits and gravy (very good!) like other hotels. Didn't realize until now that there was fresh bread available - Settle Inn should put a sign up saying so as we missed out on that. Could have had pastries or donuts available.

Settle Inn is a clean, well maintained hotel which is hard to find in Fargo. We would stay here again though at $119 a night we might still look around for a comparable hotel at a better price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travellingevan
SettleInnFargo, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for your detailed review on trip advisor. We do appreciate any feedback that will improve our guests' stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your room and that our staff was helpful and accommodating. I hope to touch on a few of your suggestions. As much as we would like to provide glass cups in the rooms, we do not have a diswasher or kitchen capable of handling the amount of glasses that would need to be cleaned and sanatized. We are in the process of replacing all of our sofa sleeper mattresses, so hopefully you will be able to notice the difference in comfort the next time you stay with us. I also did go back to check the chlorine levels in our testing book and they were within city and state guidelines. We do take that very seriously and test 3 times per day along with checking the equipment several times per day. I am so sorry if someone in your party did have a rash and I truly hope that they are better. In the breakfast area we do have a sign above our fresh baked bread and do offer donuts as well. We will definitely be looking into putting up signs about the bread in other areas of the hotel in order to spread the word. It is delicious and I wish you could have had the opportunity to try it. Thank you again, for your suggestions. We hope that you will have the chance to stay with us again in the future!
Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

A very nice new facility. Friendly staff and pet friendly. Room was very comfortable, nice and clean. I did find it curious, there were no garbage cans in the room. Continental breakfast was very good. Very good value for your dollar. Location is easy to find and has easy access to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ssdd71
SettleInnFargo, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests so that we can continue to provide a valuable service and product to our guests. I am curious as well, that you did not find garbage cans in your room. It is standard that we have one in the bathroom and one in the guest room. I do apologize if we missed that in your room and want to let you know that is not the "norm". Other than that issue, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay and we are so happy you did. We hope to see you again!
Montgomery, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed at the Settle Inn this past weekend. Staff member, Anthony, was very articulate in explaining all the ammenities and I also heard him directing some other guests to area restaurants. Our room was spacious and very attractive. Like the soap and shampoos.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billymn723
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our property. Our most valuable asset here is our staff so we really appreciate you mentioning how well Tony assisted you and other guests. We try to keep on top of all the events going on in town and make it a point to try out the new restaurants in town so we are able to recommend them with confidence. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future!
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Was not impressed with a few of the staff & the way they handled 3 noise complaints from our room with kids. It was unprofessional. We have kids & they make some noise at 8:30 when coming up from the pool & trying to get them ready for bed. there were also rooms near us with kids and other kids running down the hallway but we were targeted as the noise b/c of our neighbors, to me complaining at 8:30 at a family hotel is unacceptable and they should have been moved to a wing of the hotel where there were not kids. The staff that evening did not handle the situation very well, however, the manager compensated us the next day & realized there were some coaching opportunities for her staff to handle the situation better. I also was not impressed by 3 kids swimming in the pool without supervision fully clothed, this should be a pool rule b/c of sanitary reasons, clothes carry a lot of dirt hence the film in the hot tub when they were sitting in it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle1996
SettleInnFargo, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. I do apologize again that you felt our staff was unprofessional. I am certainly glad we were able to come in and resolve the situation for you the next day, and we have used your complaint as a training opportunity. As far as the kids swimming fully clothed, I am also sorry we did not catch that. We definitely would not allow that in the hotel. I hope that you will take advantage of our compensation and try us again in the future. We value your business and would like for you to give us the chance to impress you!