“family weekend”

Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 8 March 2015

We had a great stay but my card was charged and extra $350 for over a week which I wasn't too happy about

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Amy P, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2015

Thank you for your review about your most recent stay. I do apologize for any inconvenience associated with your card. The hold times on release of funds can be frustrating, especially when an alternate method of payment is used at checkout. Our spacious suites do make family weekends much more comfortable and enjoyable, and I do see you are a repeat guest. We look forward to once again providing your family the super customer service they expect and deserve on your next stay!

Reviewed 2 March 2015

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Amy P, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2015

Reviewed 2 March 2015

Room was great clean and plenty of space. Wife wished the pool opened
earlier for her to do exercises. breakfast was good. A little hard to get too. keep missing the frontage road. It was not very well marked. Would go back.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am sorry your wife was not able to use the pool for her exercises, but this feedback does help us to improve and change to make guest experiences even better. We will definitely look into our pool hours to see if a change can be made. I am happy to hear we met your expectations by providing you with a clean, comfortable room and good breakfast. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fargo!

Reviewed 23 February 2015

Needed a room after flying in about midnight. State wrestling tournament was in town so options were limited. Hotel is not easily accessible and looks shoddy from outside, and confirms this when entering. Interior is very dated. Room itself was clean and no complaints with the bed or bathroom. TV worked fine... however... there was a sign outside the hotel that said 5 HBO channels available that did not turn out to be the case.

All in all, the stay would have been just fine if it had not cost $100 for the single bed room. That is way too much money for what you get at this motel. There is a Motel 6 next door that advertised rooms for $49.99 that night. In retrospect, I wish I had stayed there as I felt like I was in a Motel 6 but paying twice as much. Next time I'll make better arrangements ahead of time or just drive home instead.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Amy P, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I do apologize for any inconveniences experienced during your stay, and if the price value did not meet your expectations. Your comments did help us to identify some lighting problems, and we are now working to remedy those. We have changed providers of our HBO channels and instead of 5, now offer 11 HBO channels, although I am sorry this was confusing as our channel guides are in the process of being updated so our channel lineup is not easily accessible. As our ultimate goal is customer satisfaction, I do appreciate the feedback provided so that we are able to continue to improve in any needed areas. I am happy that you chose us, and hope you will give us the opportunity to show you a more positive guest experience when next in the area.

Reviewed 21 February 2015

Went with the family to get away for the night, I went in and proceeded to check into our room after running our card for the room amount she mentions the $150 deposit on the suits.even though she already ran our card they couldn't do anything for me. We didn't have that So we decided not to stay but it's been over 24hrs and they still havnt returned our money. For us not even staying I realy shouldn't have had to wait for my money!!! Will never stay with this hotel again, will not recomrecommend this hotel ether.

• Stayed: February 2015
Amy P, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2015

I appreciate the feedback regarding your recent experience. I do apologize if you have been inconvenienced by the hold on your credit card. We do release holds upon checkout or at the time of cancellation of a decision to stay. Unfortunately, the time it takes to release the funds back to your card would depend on the terms the issuing bank has set up. We are in the process of reviewing and changing former policies regarding deposits, so again I do apologize for any inconvenience experienced. We do consider guest satisfaction a top priority, so thank you for letting us know so that we can take these things into consideration while making changes to improve our guest experiences.

Reviewed 20 February 2015

Hi there my name is Ernest and I'm recently staying at the Super 8 in Fargo West acres mall.I just got to say from the managers, to the front desk service,maintenance men and housekeeping.
They've been nothing but nice to my family and I, catering to our every need.I just wanted to say thank you for being so kind you guys rock.also would like to say I'd recommend y'all to anybody thanks so much Ernest and family

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Amy P, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay. We appreciate the positive comments, and it is our top priority to provide each guest with excellent customer service from not only the front desk staff, but all departments. I am so happy to hear our staff was able to provide you and your family with a super guest experience. I hope that you will continue to let us be your hotel of choice when you are in Fargo!

Reviewed 18 February 2015

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Amy P, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2015