“Amazing stay”

Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Had to stay in Grand Forks overnight due to a very early morning exam the following day. This hotel was exactly what I needed; excellent service, quiet, free wifi, and many relaxing features like a hot tub, sauna, pool, and on side bar. But most importantly, it was VERY clean, neat and organized.
Would highly recommend for people looking for a relaxing getaway or a 1 night stay for business/ exams.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Gabi F
Brenee G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear Gabi,

I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I enjoyed reading your feedback as it is very important not only to learn what we can fix and make better, but also keep doing right! I hope that if you are ever in the Grand Forks area again you will stay with us!

Thank you again for your feedback and continued patronage,

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks

Reviewed 9 August 2016

It's a bit off the road if you are driving U.S. 2 but you end up close to the downtown area which seemed active and attractive on a Friday night. Desk people were welcoming and friendly. Room was extremely spacious and clean, large fridge and a microwave. The indoor "activity area" includes the pool and a mini-golf and small arcade. There is a restaurant and bar. No breakfast burt coffee available near the front desk. Outside entranceways were full of litter but otherwise it was a clean place. A very unusual Red Roof Inn if you are used to them. We only stayed here because we had accumulated points for a free say from many visits to a wonderful Red Roof in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Room Tip: No elevators so stairs for second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Brenee G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear Stephan,

I want to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us in Grand Forks. I am happy to read that you had a pleasurable stay! The staff and I will be doing more walk arounds making sure that the outside entrance ways stay clean at all times! I hope that if you are ever in Grand Forks again, you will stop by and see us!

Thank you again for your feedback and patronage,

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel was probably once nice but isn't anymore. Our 5 and 3 year old had a great time playing mini golf and swimming in the pool. Both the pool and the mini golf course was very run down. The pool was not clean and had extra chlorine in it to make up for it. The place only had 2 mini gold balls for the whole place so we couldn't all play. There was an arcade and I was very excited to find that they had ms. Pacman and galaga. Unfortunately the machine was jammed so I couldn't play :(.
The rest of the hotel was grungy. Peeling wall paper and very slow draining sinks. That might be forgivable except it wasn't clean either. My 3 year old pulled out a handful of stuff from under the bed and it was like popcorn and pretzels. We hadn't eaten any popcorn or pretzels....
We had poolside rooms and it was very loud which was to be expected. The pool closes at 11:00 pm but the noise continued. We could hear the people in the next room clearly.
The beds were hard.
The front desk guy was nice.
I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Brenee G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear Jennifer,

I want to thank you for your feedback during your recent stay. I am so very sorry that the time that you had here, you were inconvenienced. It is one of my top priorities to have a clean facility even though we may be old and we are currently renovating. Unfortunately, I have let you down. With that being said, I will be taking extra measures to make sure that the property is running to its best ability. I have since talked to my housekeepers about the importance of cleaning the room completely getting those spots that can easily go missed. I will also be having my maintenance clean the pool more often to ensure that nobody swims in a dirty pool. As you have given us some much needed feedback, I ask that you will give us another chance if you are in the Grand Forks area.

Thank you again for the feedback and continued patronage,

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Except for the parking lot this is one of the nicest Red Roof Inns in the chain. The rooms are clean and in good working order. The staff is helpful. The only, and I mean only, criticism of this hotel is the grimy overgrown parking lot. Unfortunately, trees and shrubs overhang the lot and the parking spots are too narrow which means other drivers damage your vehicle with their doors. The inside of the hotel is very nice and overall the hotel is a great value.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brenee G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I have certainly taken into consideration your feedback about getting a well maintained parking lot. It is on the top of my priority list as it is an eye sore for the hotel and an inconvenience to our guests. I appreciate your feedback and your business! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Decided to take a last minute trip to Grand Forks with the kids for a night away. Reviewed all the available hotels and choose the red roof because of the family friendly amenities and super cheap price. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was updated, clean, comfortable, and large. The pool is huge and lots of fun for the kids. The mini golf was a big bonus. We had a great time. Staff was also friendly and helpful. If you have kids this is such a fun place to stay. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Brenee G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Dear Kacie,

I wanted to thank you for your great feedback! I am so happy that the hotel was able to give you a fun night away with your family! We hope that you and your family will visit us again soon!

Thank you again for your feedback!

Brenee

Reviewed 6 July 2016

My daughter passed away unexpectedly and during this most difficult time I stayed at the Red Roof Inn and I cannot tell you how awesome your staff was. Cindy and Wallace were excellent at the front desk to help with any questions, directions or whatever I needed. Morgan in housekeeping was also amazing to keep our room neat. She left me several notes which I found to be very touching with all that was going on.
Thank You all so very much.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are quiet promptly at 10 pm.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Brenee G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Dear Laurie,

I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family were truly a treat when you came to stay with us. I was able to hear how lovely you were before meeting you/ reading this. Thank you again for your feedback and if there is ever anything that my staff or I can do for you, please let us know!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Air conditioning barley worked. We only stayed 10 minutes due to finding a bed bug infestation. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel awning over entrance was propped up, rust everywhere, and peeling paint.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Brenee G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Dear CnW Ranch,

I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by our facilities and needed to go elsewhere. My staff and I had the pest control come take a look at the room that you would have been staying in and there were no bed bugs to be found. I am sorry that you had to witness our carport in its current condition as we are currently renovating it and the hotel rooms. I highly appreciate your feedback and am very sorry for the inconveniences that made you an unhappy guest.