“Great Staff - Management Lacking”

TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I booked my room in February - I happened to have received the friend and family rate, as I have family that works for the company. I travel ALOT and was coming to Grand Forks for a hockey camp that required a week long stay. I verified my reservation multiple times before arriving in June 2017. At no point was I given any clue my rate was going to be an issue. Upon my arrival, which was after a full day of travel. I arrived at 10:30pm with my son. I was greeted by Will, who was very pleasant but had the unfortunate job of telling me that the new manager left a note in the system saying, "she was not going to honor the agreed upon rate and I would have to pay $20 more a night." I was not happy about this for several reasons:
1 - she should have contacted me prior to my arrival (I called at least twice the week of my arrival to verify price and stay) 2. I could have made the decision to stay or find another hotel for that price that was nicer 3. it was late at night and I am a handicap individual who finds it difficult to walk so moving around to a find another hotel would have been really inconvenient.
Long story short... I tried to speak to the manager over the next two days - at no point once she returned to work did she ever try and reach out, apologize or even try to make a point to meet me half way in price. Just on principle I think this was handled VERY POORLY. I will not be returning to this hotel chain, and I will not be booking any of the hockey teams that I manage at a Red Roof.
I contacted the corporate office and their response was this is a franchise and complaints should be directed to the franchise owner. I have requested the owners information, it has not been provided. I think I am a pretty reasonable person but to be blindsided once I have budgeted for a trip and confirmed numerous times, I don't think it is unreasonable to be disappointed in the level of service and communication I received. I do feel it is important to mention that the staff has been very friendly, the room has been clean, the pool area is clean (spa has been closed for the duration of my visit), restaurant has great food. The mini golf is fun for kids but the carpeting that serves as the "green" is in need of repair. For the most part the overall stay has been pleasant. I just feel the management is lacking professionalism. Especially because the previous manager was always very professional and attentive.

Room Tip: The atrium can serve as an echo chamber. During the week it was ok, but on the weekend when there i...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank ursnanson
Alex K, Public Relations Manager at TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you your review. You raised a valid issue. I'm sorry you found our previous manager uncooperative. For your information the previous manager was relieved from duties in May, 2017. Again, we apologize for inconvenience we caused you. Please, feel free to contact our new manager and we will give you and your hockey team the best rate we can.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is undergoing some needed renovations. It's a bit run down at the heels, but inside my room it's clean and fresh. Bathrooms are small, but hot water is plentiful. Good lighting, flat screen tv, comfy bed, pillows could be better. Not a bad place if you are running through town on business and need a place to crash.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Brenee W, General Manager at TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are happy that you had a good stay. Renovations should be completed soon. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Grand Forks.
Regards,
Brenee

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Grand Forks for work.
The room was very clean, service was great, had a good time in the pool during my free time, the hot tub didn't work but I was told it's going to be fixed soon. Other than that we really had a good time thanks to the hotel and the bar stuff.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Brenee G, General Manager at TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Shai,

I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am so happy to read and share with the staff, the great stay you had with us! We hope to see you again soon if you are in the Grand Forks area for work or play!

Thank you again for your feedback and patronage,

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Been staying here every year for the past six years while in town for the Grand Am. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel provided a treat bag for the players which was a nice touch. Hotels also provided a breakfast voucher for the restaurant. They have been doing some updates to the room, however I couldn't get the room to cool off, as I thought it was warm and a little on the stuffy side. Would stay again and will.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Brenee G, General Manager at TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Darrell,

I want to thank you for your recent feedback on your stay from last weekend! I am happy to read that you are a continued guest and we will keep looking forward to seeing you next time you are in the Grand Forks area. I am very sorry to read about the heater problems in your room. Depending on if you are located on an inside room, the rooms can be warmer than the outside rooms due to the pool and its humidity and there is no way of controlling the temperature as the inside rooms are also on a central system. If this is a problem next time please let the staff or I know and we will be happy to accommodate you to the best of our abilities!

Thank you again for your feedback and continued patronage,

Reviewed 29 March 2017

very good service, they have friendly staff , rooms was great, the when they made a mistake with the billing willing to assist in that area, they made sure the they credited back my credit card with prompt and fast service.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank darlee9288
Brenee G, General Manager at TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Darlee9288,

I wanted to personally thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to read and share with the staff the positive stay that you had with us. I am very sorry about the credit card billing problem, but am glad it was resolved in a quick and efficient matter. I certainly hope to see you again soon!

Thank you again for your feedback and continued patronage,

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Best motel I have had the pleasure
To stay in. Staff went out of their way to ensure we well taken care of. I would recommend this motel to anyone needing a place to stay.
Clean rooms, good food, and friendly staff.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank danfeickert
Brenee G, General Manager at TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Dear Dan,

Thank you so very much for the lovely feedback on your recent stay! You and your wife are nothing, but a treat to have stay at the hotel. Even though you live in Grand Forks, I hope that you will come visit and/ or stay with us again!

Thank you again for your patronage and feedback,

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Beds are excellent, food is really good and staff are friendly. Some of the furniture is getting old, but they are in process of renovating so this should be improving soon. Really like the location, walking distance to so many great restaurants and bars downtown, and only 10 minute walk to the bridge to East Grand Forks, MN. The hotel's bar itself is a great place to spend an evening.

Room Tip: The room heater/air conditioner can be a bit noisy, you may want to shut it off at night.
Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian H
Brenee G, General Manager at TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Dear Brian,

I want to personally thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. It is awesome to read that you had a great stay with us! I am glad that the hotel's location and amenities suited what you needed. We certainly hope to see you again soon!

Thank you again for your feedback and patronage,