I booked my room in February - I happened to have received the friend and family rate, as I have family that works for the company. I travel ALOT and was coming to Grand Forks for a hockey camp that required a week long stay. I verified my reservation multiple times before arriving in June 2017. At no point was I given any clue my rate was going to be an issue. Upon my arrival, which was after a full day of travel. I arrived at 10:30pm with my son. I was greeted by Will, who was very pleasant but had the unfortunate job of telling me that the new manager left a note in the system saying, "she was not going to honor the agreed upon rate and I would have to pay $20 more a night." I was not happy about this for several reasons:
1 - she should have contacted me prior to my arrival (I called at least twice the week of my arrival to verify price and stay) 2. I could have made the decision to stay or find another hotel for that price that was nicer 3. it was late at night and I am a handicap individual who finds it difficult to walk so moving around to a find another hotel would have been really inconvenient.
Long story short... I tried to speak to the manager over the next two days - at no point once she returned to work did she ever try and reach out, apologize or even try to make a point to meet me half way in price. Just on principle I think this was handled VERY POORLY. I will not be returning to this hotel chain, and I will not be booking any of the hockey teams that I manage at a Red Roof.
I contacted the corporate office and their response was this is a franchise and complaints should be directed to the franchise owner. I have requested the owners information, it has not been provided. I think I am a pretty reasonable person but to be blindsided once I have budgeted for a trip and confirmed numerous times, I don't think it is unreasonable to be disappointed in the level of service and communication I received. I do feel it is important to mention that the staff has been very friendly, the room has been clean, the pool area is clean (spa has been closed for the duration of my visit), restaurant has great food. The mini golf is fun for kids but the carpeting that serves as the "green" is in need of repair. For the most part the overall stay has been pleasant. I just feel the management is lacking professionalism. Especially because the previous manager was always very professional and attentive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The pet and family-friendly TownHouse hotel is located in downtown Grand Forks, ND with easy access to all that Grand Forks has to offer! Business, entertainment, shopping & dining districts are all within walking distance to the hotel, including the Empire Arts Center, Cabela's Shopping, and River Cinema. Other nearby attractions include the University of North Dakota, Ralph Englestad Area, Alerus Center and the Grand Forks Air Force Base. This non-smoking hotel boasts a large atrium featuring an indoor heated pool, mini-golf course and casino games. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast, business center, meeting facilities, nearby gym access, free coffee house style coffee and tea in the lobby and an on-site, full service restaurant and bar offering American cuisine favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All guest rooms offer free WiFi, 42" Flat-Screen TV, hairdryer and in-room coffee. Select rooms offer a microwave & refrigerator. One well behaved family pet is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse International Inn - Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Hotel International Grand Forks