“Lucky find ! Great accommodation”
other travellers have booked this property
Swimming pool with sun loungers
Swimming pool area from the majlis Verandah
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Swimming pool with sun loungers
Swimming pool area from the majlis
Verandah
Garden towards the sea
Swimming pool
Pool and sea beyond
Palm hut
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Arabic first
Any
joe_rodri...
Canberra, Australia
“Lucky find ! Great accommodation ”
Reviewed 12 May 2018 for a stay in March 2018

My brother and I stayed at this wonderful villa.

Our hosts welcomed us like family come to stay at their villa.

We lazed around the pool and enjoyed the ambience. We had very relaxing two days. Host were friendly and we were able learn lot about Sri Lanka.

Food was exquisite. We had an amazing Sri Lankan rice and curry one night.

We will stay at the Wadduwa beach villa again.

Ray H
Rock Ferry, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible, dirty place.”
Reviewed 15 April 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

This is a continuation of my wife's earlier review which is rebuked by the owner.
I booked Wadduwa Beach Villa for the first week of our honeymoon. What a mistake. The place was run down and dirty and not at all representative of the photos on the internet.
It was booked through Agoda on the basis of reviews and the location. We arrived in the middle of the night and were shown to our room by torchlight as there didn't appear to be any lighting.
We fell into bed after a long journey and awoke excited to experience our new holiday accommodation. That was the end of our dream. The bathroom was dirty, with used soap in the dirty soap dish, the toilet basin was dirty, and a tatty shower curtain hung on a damaged shower rail.
On closer inspection we found little in the way of equipment in the kitchen and what was there was either dirty or looked so old it must have been left behind by Noah.
I couldn't believe that this was the honeymoon villa with a promised ocean view. The only time I could see the ocean was when I went off the verandah with it's old and broken furniture.I went see the person in charge who assured me that this was my accommodation. We informed the manager that we would not be staying and needed a taxi to take us away, which he arranged. To say that we were glad to get away from this supposedly honeymoon location is an understatement.
I'm sure the owner will again rebuke this review, but I do have photos which I will try and upload, and also an Agoda booking reference and proof of my cancellation and subsequent refund from Agoda.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
perryanna
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Terrible stay here, from beginning to end”
Reviewed 5 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
people found this review helpful

I have to date not written a bad review about a host, but this one most certainly warrants it!!! We were shocked! I was so hoping our opinion would change during the course of our stay, but from beginning to end, I truly felt I just wanted to go home and had we not paid in advance, we would have left to find somewhere else to stay.

To start off with, the map and directions on the website were incorrect by about 2km. The name of the place was even ambiguous! So we found ourselves at the wrong hotel, in torrential evening rain, with two young children 1 and 3yrs old. My husband ran in the rain, for about 45min trying to find the place but we had no idea their directions were so wrong!! We also then phoned the manager and he sent us over 3km in the WRONG direction- south instead of north! 2.5hours of a wild goose chase (and no offer to fetch us), I finally demanded that they came and fetched us from the hotel we were at. The Owner, Ajit, arrived and despite being witness to two hungry and very tired small children and me showing him his incorrect map, he was frustrated we had called him to collect. And that was just the start!!!

When we got to the villa at almost 8pm, the bedding on the baby’s cot was soaking wet. They had forgotten to put linen on the second bed. We had to clean the bath of leaves and twigs. And the kitchen utensils and pots etc were dirty! I showed the owner and he said “sorry about that” and walked away. Our daughter then slept on towels in the cot... Not what one would expect at almost gbp120 p.n.

Our room wasn’t cleaned in the morning although I appreciate that sometimes this isn’t included, but it’s differs significantly from our other stays in Sri Lanka (which were fantastic!!!)

The villa food was very average and the beach in front even more disappointing ... full of litter (incl glass) and brown, rough water. We had just come from Unawatuna and surrounds, where the beaches were much better.

The positives are that the pool and grass areas are nice, and thus the previous positive comments... but the service and attitude of the owner, Ajit, was appalling. We have never seen someone in the service industry behave like that- he literally doesn’t give a hoot! It seems this business is just a sideshow for him. And his treatment of his staff really upset us too...

Because of our late flight, we requested a late checkout which they added a whopping $50 to our checkout bill! Given our bad stay, we were furious at this! But true to fashion, Ajit didn’t care one bit. Said we used electricity for the fans and gas for the stove, and whatever we didn’t pay, would come out of his staffs pockets....

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Caroline...
Wirral, United Kingdom
“A filthy hovel. See our photos and not those online”
Reviewed 22 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

We had the unfortunate experience of sleeping here for six hours after arriving in the middle of the night. This is an example of why not to trust reviews and frankly the booking companies should be ashamed sending people here. The place has no lights outside so you’ll need a torch to get about.

The first thing I noticed was the smell from the toilet and our hearts sank when we were shown in but we had travelled all day. We awoke the next morning bathed in sweat - a bit like being in a tent. The shower still had half used soap in the filthy soap dish, the water tumbler was filthy and nothing had been cleaned for a long time. The toilet was filthy with urine on the fittings. The shower curtain hung from a bent old pole.

The owner seemed quite anxious and offered us a ‘better room’. Maybe he thought it was better, we didn’t. He offered to put us down as a ‘no show’ but of course then we’d be unable to leave a review.

The ‘kitchen’ had doors hanging off cupboards and there were four forks and a spoon. A pot holder was included, photo attached. There was filth everywhere and we hate to think what their own kitchen is like.

Onto the view from your ocean view bungalow. Mmmmm. I’ll give you directions: turn left past the filthy and broken table and collapsed chairs and keep walking. You’ll get there.

As we were pointing out our disappointment to the man in charge my new husband (yes it is our honeymoon) fell through the rotten, zebra print fluffy seat. Enough said. If you want a real review of this place simply look at my pictures. We have received a refund from Agoda.

1 Mar 2018
Thank you for your views which we will consider. We apologise for the chair that broke while your husband sat on it.
To correct some inconsistencies in your review :
1) There is/was adequate lighting as you know.
2) The toilet was completely cleaned, disinfected & new consumables were provided.
3 ) When there was a functioning airconditioner & 2 fans why were you bathed in sweat
4 ) You claim you booked thro Agoda & you were refunded the deposit which is incorrect as you booked through Booking.com which doesn't accept any deposit.
5 ) The photos below are details from the Honeymoon cottage for 2 where you stayed & not the main Wadduwa Beach Villa.
6 ) You never met the owners. The offer to categories you as a no show was resulted in no charges to you as requested by you and not to stop a review.
7 )To claim the property was completely filthy is patently incorrect.
8) You say not to trust any other photos & reviews but yours........
Reviewed 3 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

1 Mar 2018
Thank you very much for taking time to review our property. We appreciate it very much.
incognito...
non
“nice escape”
Reviewed 27 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

Hi, we have have stayed 8 days in that little oasis, a tranquil place to relax, the garden is magnificent and the pool is fantastic. It is close to the beach although less frequented by us. The rooms are sufficient and AC works very well. The staff plus the owning lady are a blessing, very service minded and supportive in all areas, they have organized all Ajurveda bookings, local temple visits and arranged even a visit of a monk in Tangalle, which I am very grateful personally. Town is in walking distance and down the roads are other restaurants but I can only recommend to eat at the premises the Sri Lankan food...it was/ is delicious we loved every bite. See you soon Wadduwa we want to come back!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
1 Mar 2018
Thank you very much for providing a review of your stay. We enjoyed having you with us. We were happy to be of some service to you and hope to see you again soon!
Sparkimar...
London, United Kingdom
“Peaceful Oasis by the Sea”
Reviewed 13 July 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Stayed for 2 weeks over Easter 2017 at the Villa. Collected from the airport by owner Manjula' s drive so convenient transfer. Stayed in middle 2 bed villa which was comfortable with showers,jacuzzi,kitchen etc .The villa could benefit from a little updating and cosmetic work though. The attached grounds are lovely and the pool clean and a good size. Beach is adjoining and swimming is fine when sea not too rough .Manjula's team-[we didnt meet her as she was away] led by Mr Silva are great-friendly,polite and exceedingly helpful [ like most Sri Lankans.] They can arrange excursions to Kandy,Elephant Orphanage,Turtle Sanctuary,etc or just get you a tuktuk to go into Wadduwa. You can also walk into the village-takes about 15 mins and you then get to interact with the friendly locals. It has a couple of supermarkets as well as some local basic shops selling eggs,coconuts,etc so the ability to self cater is fine.There are sometimes other people staying in the adjoining villas but this seemed to be only for a day or two so mostly you can enjoy the relaxing location. There is a great simple restaurant next door for seafood but they do sometimes play music quite late.Overall though a great location for with lovely staff.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
13 Jul 2017
Thank you very much for taking time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback & it was a pleasure to have you with us at the villa. We will certainly add a bit of glamour to our villas before the next season. Thank you & hope to see you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing