See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Although we stayed last year, the memories are still fresh, because we didn't feel very confortable.
We booked the room on booking and we clearly specified that we need a non-smoking room, espacially we traveled with a small child. Instead of this, the lady from reception gave us a petty room, with a pithy mold smell. Of course, we asked to change it, there was imposible to sleep there and she seemed to reticent about this. She came in the room and she said there was no smell!!! We are not to pretentious, except a clean room and no mold smell.
We received another room, also a smoking one, but at least there wasn't cigarette smell. The room was small, with pretty old furniture, broken drain, blown bulbs and dusty floor. This room was at t he 1st floor, even above the bar entrance (I forgot the number).
We didn't ask for another room, we stayed only 4 days.
Common food in the restaurant, lack of inspiration regarding the dishes.
Good wifi in the rooms.
Pretty good massage cabinet in the lobby.
Concluding, I wouldn't stay again at Laguna Mare.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2016

Basic or less hotel, old furniture, old tv with malfunctions, the bath was awfull with old fashioned, greasy and dirty ceramics, worms (miriapodes), cockroatches and spiders visiting us everyday (5 days).The only thing good in the room was the air conditioner.
All inclusive system is a mess in order to go to a neighbouroud hotel for having the meals and if you want to have a morning cofee at your hotel bar you have to pay for it untill 10 a.m.. The food was quite good till we found worms in the green salad. Not to talk about local drinks, except the cold beers. Be prepared with strong insurances or cash if you have health, even minor, problems. We paid for the doctors visit and a basic perfusion about 25 Euro. Very few poorly english spokers.
I'll be a good person to rate the hotel and the services to 2**, hardly 3 ***.

Room Tip: Better to ask for a seaview in OTHER HOTEL.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank VIOREL212
Reviewed October 8, 2015

The hotel is quite basic. It was marketed as one of the best hotels in one of the up-level resorts, but reality is quite different. Rooms are just basic, with old-fashion furnishing with TV sets that are no more produced. The facade of the hotel reminds me of a resting house from the 80ies. Food also needs improvement. Parking policy in the complex is much as a city parking - no hotel dedicated lots, rather park where you find and than pay! Albena has to go centuries in order to become a fashionable resort, even though it is priced that way!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Jan V
Reviewed September 6, 2015

Rooms is too small for family for 2 adults and 2 children. WiFi worked incredible slowly and on the 5th floor there was not Internet in general.
Cleaning room service was friendly but not every day worked. Laguna beach which located close of this hotel and provided service only for French people were very noise at the evening and night.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 2, 2015

Since my family and I try to pay attention only to positive aspects of a vacation, the vacation in the Laguna Mare hotel was quite good. The hotel is definitely not a 4 star one. I'm talking about the living conditions. My family consisting of me, my wife, and a 3 year old child were provided with a room with 2 squeaking single beds and a sofa. We had to connect the beds to get a bed for 2 adults with a gap in the middle. The sofa was sagged in the middle. The bathroom looked quite new and neat but there was a little ventilating window looking to the hall at a height of about 1.8 meters, so one passing by could hear and even see what was happening in the bathroom. The balcony was separated by a grill from neighboring rooms, so neighbors saw and heard each other. The finishing of the room was untidy. Tourists were not allowed to pour bottles with water from coolers in lobby, only plastic glasses, although there was no free water in rooms.
As to meal, we liked it. The hotel does not have its own restaurant. We had to go to a neighboring hotel Laguna Garden, but it was not a problem. Food was rather diverse, although some dishes were available only in the beginning. We liked their meat and veggie fares cooked on the grill every day. There was small choice of food for children, at least for our child. From what a child could eat there were rise and oat milk porridge, stewed meat, pasta, cheese, potatoes, soups, honey, pancake, sour milk.
As to Albena beaches they are overcrowded. People reserve beach chairs by putting towels on them, although there is written in the hotel that it is prohibited. If you don't like many tourists on the beach ALbena is not for you. From 7AM til 6PM lifeguards do not permit to swim over buoys. When there are big waves they rise the red flag and do not permit swimming. I am a swimmer, like to swim farther, where water is clean, I like big waves, why I have to obey their rules? I personally am responsible for my life.
Generally, we liked out vacation, but we will never go to resorts akin to Albena again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family