“an hotel to avoid”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Strandja
Ranked #204 of 222 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Reviewed 7 October 2016

If this wasn’t an all inclusive hotel, my review was a bit different, because the facilities are ok, not a 4 stars standard, more like an 2 stars hotel, but are ok. But as an all-inclusive hotel I have to say you to avoid being accommodated here.
The food is terrible, poor quality ingredients e bad cooked. the presentation the food is awful. The drinks taste bad, and the spirits are pure alcohol, no quality at all.
Even the breakfast is bad...i only ate bread with a kind of butter (i don’t know what it was...very bad taste, they have cubes of butter immersed in iced water...terrible). the rest of the food looked like rubbish…very, very bad. In my 6 nights stay, although I went every day to the restaurant to see what was available, I only ate there in the first night.
Another thing that I noticed is that the staff was the same all days, and all hours…the same staff that serves the breakfast and lunch, serves the dinner and work In the bars till the closing hour. I don’t know the Bulgaria’s labor law, but is sounds that the employees of this hotel are being abused in excess working hours.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Telmo A

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Me and my friend we booked this hotel for a cheap price for all inclusive. It was around €30 per person for one night . We stayed 4 nights and this is what I think about it :
- you get what you pay for; honestly it was not a big problem what happened to us because we came to have fun outside of the hotel. So we were just sleeping couple of hours and leave.
- mold in the hotel room;
- dirty towels since we arrived. Nobody changed them;
-almost nobody speaking English ;
-no secure parking area as the website says;
-carpet is all wet in the room because of the water from the bathroom due the fact that the water from the shower can not leak in the Wright place.
- you need to pay for the internet around €10 euros and you can use it just on one device. Really ??? Îs 2016. I have phone, laptop , tablet.

BUT

- a fabulous spa with really good prices;
- food was acceptable;
- swimming pool really nice;

So is a good place to stay in if you need a place to sleep and just this. And is worth it at around €20 euros a night.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

As an English family of 10 this hotel really let us down. We only ate toast or cereal for breakfast. There are snack times round the pool which consist of cold pizza n weird veg. 12 o'clock there's ice cream which was a plus. The soft drinks were awful apart from the cola which was sweet. The animation team done there best but we're not very entertaining and didn't speak much English. The pools we loved, but the 2 children who spent most of the time in the pools ended up with fungi infections- one had it in her ear the other was a rash. The loungers had no cushions so hurt your back- everyone put their towels on them at night! Some loungers would have towels on them alday till 2-3pm until the occupiers actually used them. The rooms were not nice. Our window in the shower didn't close, the beds were hard and curtains had rips. The plug sockets were unsafe too.
We loved Bulgaria but wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Tara M
Reviewed 21 July 2016

So, I'll tell you guys about my all experience in this hotel. We came to hotel at 4pm~, so we got instantly the room. ( I heard the story, that one family came out before the 2pm, when they are starting to give rooms, and they had to wait for like 2 hours, and they didn't even to put baggage into baggage room ). Receptionist wasn't really friendly, I didn't like her. The guy, who was bringing our baggage to our room, he was really surly, he hardly was speaking Russian or English, but he shown us the main things. There was air conditionaires in rooms, they were working, not really good, but enough. Janitors come there every day and they put you shampoo, taking everyday towels, and replacing them new ones. Beds are comfortable, there's much space. Okay, then on.. Food.. Well, it's really tasty. There's all the time the swedish table, basically there's food for every food ration. You can choose there between really lot of food. There was no time, that I couldn't make my stomach full all the time. You can dont worry about that. There was all the time choise between much drinks. There's lot of juices, you can get sprite, fanta, cola, just as you wish. My mom only told me one problem of this hotel - You have to go every morning to bunks near swimming pool, and put your towels on them, that no one could take it. There's really funny staff in this place also ( not including the receptionists ). Every day we had like kid discos at 9.30PM, there was aerodinamics on the pool for women, also games for men in pools, there was dart contests, where you could win massages, or other prizes. There was also many games for kids, some kind of easier than darts, and also with prizes. There's like a small house in that hotel also, where adults can leave their kids, and Animation team works with em, doing some cool things, and other things:) Every night, before the sleep there was just another show. Every time another show, and they was really good. I liked them so much. Well if you are planning to go there, that's a pretty nice hotel, but I could rate it only 3.5/5. There's some problems, which you gotta fix though. :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room, where you do get a morning sun. And not on the last floors, becouse even air cond...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Arminas Š
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Everything is terrible ... Food is the same y , Good is that Macdonalds is nearbly :) 2.40 Bg for a cheesburger. Alchohol is mixed with water . Repetionist didn't speak english . No Tv Remote an Wifi is 20bgn , it's cheaper to buy prepaid sim card with 2GB internet .

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Risto M
Reviewed 21 May 2016

when arrived porter took our cases to room and stood in doorway waiting for a tip I told him would tip him & maids at end of holiday but still stood in doorway it was late about 1am just wanted to sleep,the food was the same as lunch time & whatever was left over was put out again and there was flys & wasps crawling over meat,in the bar all drinks was served in small plastic cups and when asked for local brandy or vodka they said they had ran out,all staff was very rude if you was English,around the pool all sunbeds was broken,all tiles around pool was loose or broken very unsafe for children,rubish bins around pool all overflowing with rubbish with flys and wasps everywhere around pool,in the room the outlook was a tree and the kitchin we was supposed to have had a sea view,carpets in room was badly stained,beds very hard,tv did not work,bathroom there was cracked tiles and round edges a lot of mold toilet smelt all the time,the hotel was situated in good place near beach,if English keep well away and if you have children forget it hotel from hell !

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank refreshing2468
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

Poor quality of food, services. Staff was very rude. They didnt clean the rooms, for internet You need to pay 10 bgn per person. The same food every day. I didnt recomend this hotel. The bar at the pool didnt work , nobody stay there.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends