See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We went to boulevard boutique hotel and the arrangement was to pay for our stay at the front desk. The total of our stay in euros was 320euros but we asked to pay in dollars. Instead of the manager giving us the respective amount with the official exchange rate in US dollars like she would in euros, she overcharged us with 50 dollars more without informing us first about the exchange rate that obviously was not the official but whatever she wanted to charge or maybe pocket it! We asked to
Pay with a credit card but for some strange reason the machine wasn't working that day.we payed her the amount she asked in US dollars and we asked for a receipt which was the reservation we made and not an official receipt. When we realized she overcharged us we went and talked to her and her response was that we should have changed money before before and that "This is Bulgaria". What does that mean? That basically you go
To Bulgaria to enjoy your stay but instead they take advantage of
You without getting the service they promised. I asked to talk to the manager and with an attitude she said that she was the manager. Besides that, they didn't change towels for 3 days, the room was dirty and they never cleaned the bathroom and the manager lacked of social skills. The manager doesn't care about her customers and she wasn't into hearing about problems or complains. As far as the exchange rate she could at least inform us before pocketing the extra 50 dollars she got out of us. That person shouldn't be a manager whatsoever or maybe that's what it takes in "Bulgaria" to be a manager, basically be a scammer!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eliza S
Maya T, Manager at Boulevard Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Hello,

Thank you,for your familys activity !!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We arrived from Greece with my wife and were looking forward to a great visit of sunny beach,but after meeting the manager of this Hotel everything changed,we checked in and had only U.S. dollars on hand and paid her at an exchange rate that I didn’t question until I went outside and saw she dipped us by 20% less , when i tried to correct her on her error she refused to acknowledge the error and said you should have exchanged before seeing her and welcome to Bulgaria. Well that doesn’t fly in my book as a respectable hotel. The hotel had a feel of certain decadence a girl before we checked in said “don’t stay here their are bed bugs!” I didn’t encounter any but she was pissed off!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Foodgurulover
Maya T, Manager at Boulevard Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Hello,

We wont to inform you for the change of your currency of recipe ,in the currency of the Republic Bulgaria that the difference was not exceeded by chenge meet on the roads of the Sunny Beach.

Here the question is why,you want to pay in foreigh currency.

Your attitude,your rude speech ,the insult you caused us.....you do not mention.

We are sorry,for the discrepancy in the tone
You were asked to not break the hotel.

Thank you !

Boulevard Botique Hotel

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I booked this hotel, via booking.com, for 3 nights, during August 18, and it was really very disappointed stay because of the hotel Management , it doesn't worth the money I paid !!
I arrived the hotel on my first day, at late night ( 11 pm ), and I parked my car in the hotel parking, which was almost full, but with free space to accommodate 2 or 3 more cars, so I parked my car and went to the reception to make check in , and from here everything started to be as a nightmare !!
one girl only in the hotel Tinny reception, informed me that my room is located in the second floor, and there is no Elevator, nor a bellman or some one to help my to take my Luggage to the room , and because I have 2 big Luggage, I asked to change my room, but of course the answer was No availability .
I took my luggage to second floor by two times up and down and I were wondering what If I'm an Old man with his wife or sick or even tired human being, what can I do with these 50 stairs steps !!
after I reached my room, the girl in the reception called me to inform me that I have to get down and change my car location from the Parking area to another location as I parked it in a booked location for another guest !!
I told her, that I've been to 58 different countries all over the world, I never heard about such Parking booking for some guests, as we suppose to be all hotel's guest, and normally if i found a free parking area, I park , that's it !! , despite this, I agreed to change my car Location to avoid more hassle while I've just arrived .
Next day in the morning, I discovered that there is no restaurant inside the hotel to have the breakfast !! , they have a small shop near from the hotel , they serve their continental poor breakfast inside it, while you have to take your breakfast and sit on a table in the street to eat it !!!! , I swear that I never saw such situation before , another shop near the hotel serve the breakfast, and the setting tables located in the street in front of this shop !!
concerning the quality and variety of the breakfast , I can easily say that it's one of the worth you can find in any 2 stars hotel anywhere !! despite the hotel is not that much cheap, but they are serving lowest quality of breakfast you can ever find anywhere .
My second day, starts with a new argument with reception girl, when she called me in my room while sleeping, and ordered me to move my car once again from the parking as I parked my car in the space booked for the general manager of the hotel !!!
this time, I refused to move my car, and I shouted to the girl that there is no sign in the parking indicated such information, and that your manager who wants to put her car in the place where I parked mine, is taking her salary from the money I paid for my booking !! and I'm also paying daily fees for my car parking .
later in same day, I got a phone call from booking.com, telling me that the hotel contact them and complained to let me change my car parking location !!, and when I explained to the booking.com agent what happened with me since I arrived the hotel, they told me that they will make a complain against the hotel management .

3 days of my stay in this hotel passed, without even changing my room towels, and when I talked to the housekeeping woman, she entered my room and put some toilet papers !!

I recommend all people to keep away from such unprofessional hotel management

Room tip: all noisy !!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Yasseralteama
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a rather interesting situation with our booking at this place. We booked 3 nights and paid for them beforehand. Upon our arrival turned out that the booking websites are overbooking the hotels and the hotel was full. We stayed one night there which i can say was a pleasant stay! When we woke up we had no room nor options. The manager of the hotel took over the situation and was calling all possible hotels nearby trying to fix the unprofessionalism of the booking companies even though it wasn’t their fault and generally she could have told us to fix it with hotels.com ourselves. She showed me two options and found us a lovely hotel in the neighborhood which she covered! Regardless of the stupid situation we ended up in, she fixed it professionally! Recommend the place as it is nice, clean and with lovely staff and obviously regards to the manager!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel through booking.com for my self, partner and 3 year old for a 2 week stay. The pictures and location looked perfect but the stay was anything other than perfect. When we checked in we were charged £29 over the booking price and no receipt was provided. The noise in the hotel during the night and first thing in the morning was awful. The hotel stated that there was a daily maid service however the daily maid service meant only your bin being emptied. There was dust everywhere and when you got out of the shower your feet were filthy off the floor that was full of sand and dirt. The hotel states children upto 12 go free but beware, if your child has any form of accident you will pay. Our daughter spilt a small amount of chocolate milk on the bed sheet and we were charged. Myself and my partner were also left without bed sheets for 3 nights and when we asked at reception on 2 occasions we were told there was nothing they could do leaving us to use towels as blankets. The cleaners seemed to like cleaning the stairs and stair way with lots of water without using signs and our daughter fell coming out of the room at the top of the stairs. The final straw with this hotel was the dado rail falling off the wall onto our daughter whilst in bed. The staff could not offer any apology and no concern for her. On check out i asked to speak to the manager who declined to speak to me. All in all I wouldnt stay here again if you paid me to.

Trip type: Travelled with family