See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2018

This hotel does not cater for the English. English is not spoken and the staff are surly and do not even acknowledge you. The food is disgusting and repetitive.
Internet has to be payed for and no chance of getting tea and coffee making facilities in your room. THIS PLACE IS SO BAD I will not even comment further.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

The Ambassador hotel was a nice surprise. Daily cleaning, linen changed every three days, large and well-kept pool. I saw the sunrise from the bed (I paid extra for the sea view room). Very close to the beach and very quiet!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2018

The Ambassador may be a little jaded, but it's still a great hotel. I paid for a sea view and it was lovely to have a balcony looking out onto the beach and gardens. I was very impressed by the cleanliness of all areas which I think is really important and has prompted me to give such a high rating. I found the staff very helpful at all times and they also went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable and hassle free.
There is a charge for wifi but it's minimal (£5 per phone/tablet, per week) and it works really well in most areas but not the pool.
Unfortunately the food choice was very limited, but this is a 3 star hotel so I wasn't expecting it to be a la carte. If you want a little more variety, there are numerous, highly affordable bars and restaurants in the area and close to the pool area as well, many with large TV screens showing sports (football particularly).
There were no other Brits holidaying while I was there but the friendliness that I experienced from all nations was overwhelming, particularly bearing in mind that I can't speak any other languages - what a great atmosphere!
There was music by the pool every day but no entertainment, probably because there is so much to see and do in the evenings at Golden Sands that you don't really need it.
As a sole traveller, another great thing about Bulgaria as a whole is how safe it is. To summarise, Bulgaria is very much like Spain with a slightly longer flight, affordable hotels and a better exchange rate.
I would definitely come back here - thoroughly enjoyed it!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank LittleMumSouthLondon
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Management on reception desk are not very approachable.As we arrived and got shown to our rooms it came apparent that a few things wasn't up to standard.We asked for a high floor and sea view,which I know is only a request but there are not many sea views as there are large trees in the way of what could be a spectacula view.The air con was not working and the pillows on the bed was as full.The good points are the swimming pool area and the closeness to the beach.Don't expect too much from this hotel

Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank Alison W
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Terrible.bedroom carpets been there for years .metal strip between tiles and carpet came away.electric sockets hanging off wall by tv soap tray in shower had layers of old soap in it never cleaned -1*

Room tip: Don't bother
Date of stay: September 2017