“what a surprise!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brandon, Canada
“what a surprise!”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I went with two friends for black friday shopping... This hotel hosted a beautiful Thanksgiving supper from 2-5, which was included in our stay and hot breakfast every morning, food and selection were great! Room was very clean and was really great to have the kitchen with full size fridge, microwave and even a dishwasher and real glass dishes! Did not see one area that we felt could be improved. Will definately stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lovethesun1972

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Saint Bernard, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This hotel is the bomb! Its an extended stay hotel that keeps giving. Usually in extended stays things are boring and ole ho-hum, but not this one. The staff is Perky and constantly coming up with new ideas to make our stay exciting. Beside the grand spread for breakfast each morning, which is really big already, usually every Sunday the Chef will cook omlettes to order. Then on Premium nights - usually once every month the hotel brings out the big guns. I've enjoyed New York Strip, then last night was steak and lobster. I'm talking 10-12 oz lobster tail. The staff is one big family top notch customer service type, Nicky, Lisa, Nicole, Tiff, Cassie, Kerri, Carla, Brian, Adam, Gab, Dave, Cheryl just to name a few, its great. Not a come n go hotel, one you'll put on your radar to return time and time again.

Room Tip: The cleanest rooms yet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I was working in Minot away from my family and friends and the staff at Staybridge, made my extended stay with them more like being at home, the staff greeted you daily by your first name, and always asked if there was anything I needed, My room was always cleaned for me, The manager Dave is a very caring person and concerned that all the guests needs are taken care of, The front desk staff Gabriel, Lisa, Nikki, Cheryl, Carissa are all wonderful, loving and caring people, also keeping you informed about any maintenance issues, This is the only hotel I would stay in, when in Minot.. AWESOME HOTEL AWESOME STAFF.THANKS SO MUCH..

Room Tip: Every room is great in this hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I was shocked that a hotel like this would be in minot I stayed there for one night.. The property is brand new and my kitchen suite was super clean. I was very impressed with the staff, The manager Gabriel was very helpfull in giving me a tour of the property and explaining the ammenaties. The breakfast was amazing Brian made me fresh to order omelletes.the only downside i saw is that there very strict on parking due to the notice on my car.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
regina
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The rooms are really a full-on one bedroom suite - with full kitchen. A bit more expensive than just a hotel room, but much, much more comfortable. One thing - on weekends there is no service to make up the room. There are lots of towels to get through the weekend but you still have to make your bed!! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make certain you ask for a room on the 4th floor - they also have people working the oil patch stayi...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Avoid this hotel. Management and staff obviously care nothing about individuals staying at the hotel. I checked in on a Sunday afternoon for a 5 night stay. After being in my room for a few minutes I find a piece of paper on the ground outside my room. The letter states that the hotel has hired an outside company to go through every room to resurface all counter tops. It will take 3 days to complete and 1 day to let the counters sit and not be used. Also, if I have a "do not disturb sign up", the sign will be ignored and construction workers will come in anyways. I asked the front desk if they could give me an idea which day between Tuesday and Thursday the outside company would be coming in an out of my room. The lady at the front desk couldn't tell me and when I said this creates problems, she just shrugged her shoulders like she didn't care less.

Monday night arrives and the water is shut off to the suites kitchen sink and bathroom sink. Now I have to use the bath tub to wash my hands, shave, and brush my teeth. I assume this will last for 4 days. If I can find another hotel in town, I will be switching. I recommend everyone looks for a different hotel as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank Packageman88
Gabriel m, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Minot, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your response . We take your sugestions seriously and respect your privacy wanting to make sure that your visit is relaxing and enjoyable. A part of a good stay is to make sure that the entire building amenities is set to the highest standards. Recently it was brought to our attention that the granite tops have not been sealed from the new construction.This was an oversight missed that needed to be corrected quickly. Our in house maintenance and management teams were the "only" people entering and sealing the granite countertops. With maintenance issues it is important to make sure that every room is complete 100% to ensure that each guest has the same enjoyable day. Thank you for your understanding in this process.
Our Guests Privacies and belongings are of the highest importance to our staff.

Please know that the management team and entire staff care , and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Champlain, Quebec
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Although I stayed here just one night, this new Staybridge is so nice compared to the older ones. It is just luxurious with a nice upscale decor. Staff was very nice like in all staybridges and all is done in a timely manner at check-in with a smile. This hotel is very full very often because it is this nice! Reserve a few days in advance if possible because a lot of traffic swings by Minot and most hotels are fully booked. I will be staying here every time I travel through here

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business