All reviews weight loss life changing steam room take home work hard hot tub returned home rancho la puerta daily life infrared sauna holistic approach new friends two week stay supportive staff far exceeded my expectations organic meals lost lbs
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

From the moment you arrive to the day you leave, you receive one on one personal attention throughout your stay. Many of the guests during my week had been there several times already. The hikes were beautiful and a great workout, the food was great, even the laundry service was spectacularly. Hot tub, steam room, sauna, massages - they have thought of everything. Great job Mountain Trek. I’ll be back in the fall. My only regret was not booking a two week stay.

DR (Houston)

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DAN R
Reviewed May 13, 2018

This is not really a luxury health spa or a leisurely hiking program. It is more like a mental and physical butt-kicking delivered in very nice way with nice amenities. The resort is great, beautiful spot, minutes from the hot springs, a hot tub and plunge pool, sauna, and gymn. The food is great, and even on the calorie restricted diet I really enjoyed it and found it satisfying. The staff were all lovely.......well all of them except the guides, they were all lovely with just a hint of underlying sadism. The focus is more on the actual hiking and less on theory, however; having experienced the opposite, I much prefer this model. I definitely came away feeling better than when I arrived with lots of ideas and strategies I could take home with me. If you need a physical and/or mental reset I would recommend Mountain Trek without reservation.

Room tip: You won't be doing much in your room except sleeping
Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2018

I have now been to Mountain Trek twice and for me, nothing compares. Every detail is perfect, from the food to the service to the challenge. I especially appreciate the individual attention to any concerns (such as a bruised foot), and really like the option to head down to the hot springs each evening. It's a perfect reset in a breath taking setting, full of interesting and caring people.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed February 1, 2018

Awesome program, location and staff. Felt like I had showered my inside , so clean and wholesome
I spent a week in November with Mountain Trek at Rancho La Puerta and thoroughly enjoyed the program. It was rigorous, well managed and well supported in a lovely setting. Kirk and Cathy and the local guides took great care of us from blisters to food allergies, to filling water bladders, it was never too much for them to help and support. The food was healthy, tasty and beautifully presented. The program is highly scheduled, from sunrise yoga to after dinner cardio/strength classes but there is time for massages , hot tubs all leading to great sleep.
At the end , I felt clean both inside and outside, and loved the feeling. . I highly recommend this program. Shaheera B

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

My husband I attended a week program at the Mountain Trek Rancho la Puerta program in Mexico. I had been on the BC program before. Hikes are challenging, lectures are informative, food is very good and filling. Kirk and Kathy, who run the program, are fun and motivating. You will definitely leave leaner, stronger and healthier. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2017