All reviews weight loss life changing steam room take home work hard hot tub returned home rancho la puerta daily life infrared sauna holistic approach new friends two week stay supportive staff far exceeded my expectations organic meals lost lbs
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Amazing hiking, great programs - you don’t get a chance to get bored. Food is unbelievable and great tools available to take home. Go as soon as you can. I’ve done this twice and would do it again with a friend.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

I thought I knew a lot about fitness and nutrition until I went to Mountain Trek. They completely blew my mind. The value of the fitness, the food and the education is top notch. It's one thing to be told to do things for your health, but putting them into practice for a week and showing yourself you can actually do them (and seeing the results) is what really makes it stick. I lost 5 pounds while I was there and the plan has been so easy to integrate into my daily life. I am continuing to see great results and I feel better than ever!

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a week there ....which we truly enjoyed. If you are willing to put in the work, this is a tremendously rewarding experience. And don’t be afraid of the activity level as they cater to all levels. The caliber of guides, the hikes, the food, the activities were all top notch. It’s a gift that everyone should give themselves, especially if you feel you need a reset. All I can say is just do it. It’s an amazing experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

This program exceeded all of my expectations for providing what I truly needed - a reset, a detox and smart, effective springboard to launch into a much healthier lifestyle. Prior to getting to the retreat I was tired, out of shape, overloaded with stress and constantly online for work. In one week I was able to shed the stress and turn around my metabolism and gain back some energy I haven't felt in many years. I lost weight too! That staff was amazing, the food incredible and I never once felt hungry. Although I felt very out of shape when I arrived I was never once made to feel judged or inappropriately pushed (although you will work hard!) by the staff or by the others there for the program. I also made some good new friends, a real bonus. I am back home and integrating many things and seeing positive results every single day. I had started to think turning things around was out of my reach - this is not at all the case. They did an excellent job at providing great information that is reasonable to build into your daily schedule.

I cannot say enough great things about this place, if you want to change your outlook on your overall health spend one week here and you will be on your way to better health.

Reviewed May 24, 2018

Mountain Trek is the best gift I've ever given myself. I've done the program twice - once for one week, once for two full weeks. I will go back for the third time in the fall. There is simply no better place to clear the cobwebs and reconnect with the real you. It's not just a spa or a luxury retreat or a fitness program - it's a place to reset, learn, grow, heal and have fun in a breathtaking setting, free and clear of daily distractions. Thanks to an exceptionally talented, kind staff and the array of resources available to support you, you leave feeling rejuvenated and armed with practical tools to tackle life AND live it. Yes, it's a splurge and yes, it's a bit of a hike to get to (pun intended), but how much is your future worth? MT reminds you that you deserve to invest in yourself and why 'putting the oxygen mask on first' makes you a better family member, employee, employer, friend, etc. back home. Please feel free to message me with questions or if you are on the fence.

A few specific notes:
- *MT attracts a wide range of guests, men and woman, of all ages, with completely different, individual goals.* My last group had two couples, two single retirees, a pregnant woman, a colon cancer survivor, someone mourning the loss of a spouse, former athletes, several solo travelers who came w/o their significant others or kids, and a bunch of other out-of-shape professionals hoping to break habits and shed a few pounds. The one thing trekkers have in common is the desire detox from the stress of daily life and to support each other on that journey. I leave each trip with a few new friends.
- *No expertise or technical skills required.* Many people come to MT never having hiked or used hiking poles before. You don't need to bring any equipment other than the right shoes. They provide everything else and teach you what you need to know.
- *Huge premium on safety.* There are four groups to accommodate a variety of fitness levels, each with its own professional guide. No hiker is left behind. No hiker is out of the sight of a guide at any time.
- *The food is delicious, and they accommodate all dietary needs.* They also generously share any and all recipes on request.
- Onsite infrared sauna, steam room, hot tub, cold plunge and 24-hr gym. The local hot springs are just down the hill and a cool cultural experience.
- In addition to the included massages, there are numerous services available at additional cost to support your goals: acupuncture, cranial sacral work, private nutrition sessions, private counseling, private yoga sessions, naturopathic/food sensitivity testing, etc. I'd put some of the services in the 'outstanding' category on par with or superior to anything you can get in NYC.
- *Go to the classes.* You may think you've heard it all until you sit through one of Kirkland's talks. I have learned so much both in class and on the trail.
- Save up and make the commitment to go to MT. You are worth it!

Room tip: Rooms on the lower floor are smaller, but have private outdoor patios. All rooms have renovated, lovely bathrooms, are clean and comfy.
Date of stay: May 2018