All reviews weight loss life changing steam room take home work hard hot tub returned home rancho la puerta daily life infrared sauna holistic approach new friends two week stay supportive staff far exceeded my expectations organic meals lost lbs
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Mountain Trek is a fitness program that lets you live in a healthy bubble for 1-2 weeks. During that time you will meet a staff that is passionate about their work; whether it is Kirk and his son Simon who manage the property, or one of the many guides, chefs, and instructors who support them. You will be supported and inspired.
The standard meal plan is 1200 calories (1400 for men), and includes a lot of beautifully prepared and presented fresh veggies and protein. No caffeine, sugar, or processed food. The chefs are amazing and use lots of fresh herbs and unusual combinations. I had to ask for extra snacks on the first few days, but by day 3 I was feeling really comfortable with the food situation. The hikes were just beautiful. There are 3 levels - so everyone can get a challenging workout. Its "nordic fitness hiking", which means you have a backpack with lunch and clothing layers and lots of water. You use poles which was new to me. The only downside is that in order to keep the groups in sync time-wise, there is not much time for stopping to take pictures.

I lost 3 pounds of fat and gained valuable insight into living a healthy life.

1  Thank MaryInCupertino
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Amazing hiking, great programs - you don’t get a chance to get bored. Food is unbelievable and great tools available to take home. Go as soon as you can. I’ve done this twice and would do it again with a friend.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

I thought I knew a lot about fitness and nutrition until I went to Mountain Trek. They completely blew my mind. The value of the fitness, the food and the education is top notch. It's one thing to be told to do things for your health, but putting them into practice for a week and showing yourself you can actually do them (and seeing the results) is what really makes it stick. I lost 5 pounds while I was there and the plan has been so easy to integrate into my daily life. I am continuing to see great results and I feel better than ever!

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a week there ....which we truly enjoyed. If you are willing to put in the work, this is a tremendously rewarding experience. And don’t be afraid of the activity level as they cater to all levels. The caliber of guides, the hikes, the food, the activities were all top notch. It’s a gift that everyone should give themselves, especially if you feel you need a reset. All I can say is just do it. It’s an amazing experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

This program exceeded all of my expectations for providing what I truly needed - a reset, a detox and smart, effective springboard to launch into a much healthier lifestyle. Prior to getting to the retreat I was tired, out of shape, overloaded with stress and constantly online for work. In one week I was able to shed the stress and turn around my metabolism and gain back some energy I haven't felt in many years. I lost weight too! That staff was amazing, the food incredible and I never once felt hungry. Although I felt very out of shape when I arrived I was never once made to feel judged or inappropriately pushed (although you will work hard!) by the staff or by the others there for the program. I also made some good new friends, a real bonus. I am back home and integrating many things and seeing positive results every single day. I had started to think turning things around was out of my reach - this is not at all the case. They did an excellent job at providing great information that is reasonable to build into your daily schedule.

I cannot say enough great things about this place, if you want to change your outlook on your overall health spend one week here and you will be on your way to better health.