All reviews weight loss life changing steam room take home work hard hot tub returned home rancho la puerta daily life infrared sauna holistic approach new friends two week stay supportive staff far exceeded my expectations organic meals lost lbs
Reviewed September 26, 2018

I'm a healthy person. I exercise regularly, eat well, meditate, and have a great work-life balance. Actually, I should say - I *thought* I was a healthy person... until I went to Mountain Trek. They taught me what true health really is.

In just 1 week everything about myself, from my mind to my fingernails, was healthier. My creativity, energy, and overall happiness spiked and my body composition changed dramatically.

My week at Mountain Trek has changed the trajectory of my life forever - an investment I'd easily make again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MountainTrekRetreat, Owner at Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

Thanks Alexander! We really loved having you here and look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

It is human nature, Unfortunately, to focus on the negative. We all do it, whether it's when people point out that one little flaw or we keep watching something horrible on TV. Reviews are no different we gravitate to the negative reviews and we skim through the good ones. SO I feel bad telling you that I would never give this place less than 5 stars but I really wanted you to read this and I dont think this will effect their star ratings. Mountain Trek can be life changing and while everyone will have different levels of what to expect, if your main goal is to change your life, even if it's just a little bit, MT is the most well rounded place to do it. You will probably not find a place that will satisfy every person and I truly believe if YOU are focused on Change and not the size of rooms or if there is chair out side of the steam room, this is the place. MT, offers well educated, passionate, hardworking, friendly staff. Educational classes are easy to follow, Food was fabulous, abundant and not redundant. Hikes were challenging, beautiful and not repetitive. Fitness classes were well thought out, fun and challenging. Schedules were timed well and everything ran smoothly but remember what makes their program work well is the people who are participating in it so each group can change the dynamics. My group was fabulous and everything ran great. A big heartfelt thank you to MT for helping me change my life. Cathy, you are truly amazing and all the little extra things you do did not go unnoticed. I hope you will continue to inspire people you meet and inspire your fabulous team.
This "REALLY" is the best you will
find

Carrie Hyde

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank TheSpaw

Hi Carrie!

I love the psychology you're using here and agree, sometimes you need to be bold to be heard.

I will forward along your kind words to Cathy!

Thanks and we hope to see you again in the future! Feel free to email us at anytime with questions - we're not just here for you during your stay...

All the best,

Mountain Trek

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Went here in Aug and cannot speak highly enough about how fantastic it was. Food excellent and delicious. Staff caring and professional, top notch. Facilities so warm and clean and inviting that it felt like home. Yoga and fitness Workouts amazing and fun. Hiking challenging but you go at your pace. Laundry is done twice a day...so stay for a week but pack for two days...that is all you need. Massages among the best I have ever had. Ending the night with sauna and hot tub is the way it should be everyday. I was 150% satisfied and will return.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gmin1007
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Mountain Trek is a fitness program that lets you live in a healthy bubble for 1-2 weeks. During that time you will meet a staff that is passionate about their work; whether it is Kirk and his son Simon who manage the property, or one of the many guides, chefs, and instructors who support them. You will be supported and inspired.
The standard meal plan is 1200 calories (1400 for men), and includes a lot of beautifully prepared and presented fresh veggies and protein. No caffeine, sugar, or processed food. The chefs are amazing and use lots of fresh herbs and unusual combinations. I had to ask for extra snacks on the first few days, but by day 3 I was feeling really comfortable with the food situation. The hikes were just beautiful. There are 3 levels - so everyone can get a challenging workout. Its "nordic fitness hiking", which means you have a backpack with lunch and clothing layers and lots of water. You use poles which was new to me. The only downside is that in order to keep the groups in sync time-wise, there is not much time for stopping to take pictures.

I lost 3 pounds of fat and gained valuable insight into living a healthy life.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MaryInCupertino
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Amazing hiking, great programs - you don’t get a chance to get bored. Food is unbelievable and great tools available to take home. Go as soon as you can. I’ve done this twice and would do it again with a friend.