Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hot tub british columbia just returned from a week yoga studio natural surroundings different levels game changer few years beautiful setting yoga practice physical activity sense of accomplishment each evening lake kootenay awesome experience program nutrition
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2019

I loved EVERYTHING about the experience at Mountain Trek. My husband and I were looking for a wellness retreat for my 50th. We looked at Rancho La Puerta, Canyon Ranch, etc... but we wanted something more intimate and a little more unique, something off the beaten path. We found it.

We are already fit and healthy but we wanted that extra push to get us to get us back on track and to the next level. That's exactly what Mountain Trek provided for us. We learned so much about nutrition, fitness, SLEEP, mindfulness and how our body functions best. And the team provided tools and strategies to keep us on track at home.

Each meal was delicious, the lectures were enlightening, the hiking was stunning, the lodge fitness was challenging. And by the way... They make the hiking and fitness classes doable for all levels of fitness.

The people at Mountain Trek were all wonderful. We loved enjoying the fire pit at the end of a day of accomplishments. Tea, no wine... but we did just FINE with that. :) We came back refreshed, with renewed vigor and a deeper sense of calm and enlightenment. I HIGHLY recommend Mountain Trek!!! We want to go back.

Room tip: book early!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraE5669
MountainTrekRetreat, Owner at Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! We loved having you and your husband join us to celebrate your 50th, and are so proud to call you an alumni! Anyone that chooses to expand their health on their birthdays in celebration of LIFE is a life-long friend of ours ;).

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed July 10, 2019

My trip to Mountain Trek came at the perfect time. While I’s someone who likes to stay in shape and does exercise quite regularly I’d been recovering from a recent back injury and had not been able to do much for almost two months (a lifetime for me). This coupled with some long hours at work were really taking their toll and I was badly in need of some kind of reset.

Mountain Trek turned out to be just what I needed in so many ways. I expected to be challenged physically and I was. However I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they cater to all different fitness levels and no one is made to feel bad or uncomfortable about what they can or cannot do. All of the hiking guides were so helpful and motivational, the fitness folks kick your butt in the nicest way possible, the food is amazing with such variety and the housekeeping staff are warm and lovely.

But aside from all this, the picturesque hikes and incredible views from the lodge, what stood out the most were some of the things I learned in the daily classes. I expected these to be the usual nutrition and exercise mumbo jumbo that you hear everywhere but I was wrong. I learned so many new things about...well...i won’t tell you here :) But if there’s some way to summarize it I would say that Mountain Trek really gives you actionable tools that you can apply to your life when you get home to stay on track and build a healthier and more balanced lifestyle. I’ve only been home now for a few days but i’m already applying what I’ve learned and am actually excited about the new habits i’m creating for myself. On top of all this I could not have asked for a better group of ‘Trek Mates’ to share this experience with.

If you’re looking for a chance to reset, rebalance, realign or re-anything in general, Mountain Trek might just be the answer for you too. Thanks so much guys, I hope to see you all again soon!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Mountain T, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2019

Tara,

Thank you so much for sharing! We love to hear when the program inspires, resets and rebalances lives. We also hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2019

I try to keep fitness and health a priority since it provides so many benefits. Like most of us, I can get consumed with work and let health take a backseat at times. This has been a crazy year and fitness hasn’t been enough of a priority. So, I invested a week to get back on track. The rewards from my one week investment with Mountain Trek are truly remarkable and go well beyond the physical improvements I experienced.

This wasn’t a typical vacation. It was an investment in becoming more balanced in my health and I left feeling a lovely mix of exhilaration and well earned exhaustion. I also left motivated and with practical, actionable steps to help keep health a priority even during the crazy times.

The team at Mountain Trek are outstanding. They’re very knowledgeable, passionate & brought a sense of fun to the week. They also do an exceptional job of adapting the program to meet the very different needs of each Guest. So, if you're worried you're not fit enough -- or you're at the other end of the spectrum and worry it won't be hard enough - know that you will be challenged but in ways that suit your individual needs.

The food is incredible -- obviously healthy and also surprisingly tasty and filling. The educational sessions cover a wide range of topics related to your overall health. It was my second time participating in Mountain Trek and I still learned valuable new things. The hikes take you into some of the most gorgeous parts of British Columbia and the staggeringly beautiful views were a great reward for the hard work we put in hiking the trails.

My fellow trekkers were a diverse group of talented, interesting and engaging people who were a joy to spend the week with. The only thing missing was my wonderful husband. Perhaps next time...

In case it's not obvious enough, I highly recommend Mountain Trek.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Alison,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It is great to hear you hiked away with some tools to help you maintain your balanced health. Be well!

Reviewed June 30, 2019

I came to Mountain Trek for a week in mid May and it was one of the best experiences I have had!
I am currently living in the middle east but had just left my job and have a few months before I start my new role. I was keen to spend the time trying to get back the fitness I have lost over the last few years, lose the weight I gained as a result of various health issues (despite being fairly active and sporty and eating healthily), travel and see friends and family.
Being British, I started by looking at fitness retreats in Europe. None however quite fitted the bill. They were either yoga or treatment based so not active, or army style bootcamps with lots of strapping men shouting at you whilst you crawl around on the floor! I love sports but I much prefer being outdoors to the gym and I wanted exercise that I would actually enjoy. I can truly say that whilst it was really hard work I absolutely loved Mountain Trek.
On the exercise front the week comprised of yoga for an hour in the morning overlooking the beautiful lake, 4-5hours of nordic hiking at speeds I never knew were possible and in absolutely stunning scenery around lakes and mountains, and a gym based class in the evening - either weights based or high intensity. All the classes and hikes were fabulous and run by amazing and enthusiastic staff. Despite playing lots of sports, running and hiking I had never really done yoga before or weights but everything was set up to deal with people who were totally inflexible or new to these types of classes right through to those who are regulars. walking was split into 3/4 groups based on speed with each group being pushed to the right level for their fitness. I moved up and down groups afew times depending on how I was feeling on the day. Because the number of guests is so limited they really can offer a personalised service and assist each individual.
But Mountain trek wasnt just about the exercise - it really is a fully body and mind reset.
The lectures on nutrition, stress, sleeping, metabolism etc were incredibly interesting and really based around science and research and taught even those who were nurses, drs and return visitors something new.
The spa services form the jacuzzi to sauna and steam room were actively encouraged every day to assist with detoxifying and relaxing. The massages were absolutely the best I have had anywhere in the world from Dubai to Thailand to UK etc.
They also really assist in trying to ensure you dont just gain from your week there but can take it forward with manageable goals rather than unachieveable ones. You continue to receive advice and newsletters once you leave and if you have booked any of the additional medical tests then you will also receive phone consultations with your results afterwards.
And last but certainly not least I couldn't finish without mentioning the outstanding food. Everything tasted truly fabulous. Fish and meat are on the menu - locally sourced and organic, but I dont believe we had wheat. Other potential food allergies or intolerances were all dealt with on a person by person basis. From 6.15am smoothies, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack to dinner around 5.30pm (very early for me but you'll understand why after the lectures!) the regular timed food ensured despite the limited calories that you were never hungry.
Its not cheap and as a result many of the guests are high flyers, but even though it took a while for me to save for it, and is on the other side of the world, I can say without a shadow of a doubt I will be saving up to return again! There were guests there returning for their 17th year and I fully understand why. Now I'm just waiting for a second site to be opened in Europe ;-)

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Mountain T, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2019

Vicky,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Mountain Trek. So wonderful to have met you, and love that you went away with some new ideas on how to implement and stick to your goals. Be well!

Reviewed June 17, 2019 via mobile

It is impossible to state what a life altering trip this was . The scenery is breath taking. The cabin/resort is spotless and set above a gorgeous glacier feed lake surrounded by snow capped mountains. I felt well cared for by the lovely staff. The food was delicious and I was never hungry. I lost more weight than expected. I was taught so much regarding health and well being. The lessons learned will be carried throughout my life. The hikes were challenging but so rewarding. I will be back again soon. It was a lifestyle reset.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo

Sonya,

So glad to know you felt well taken care of, and that you left feeling revitalized. Thank you for your feedback! It would be a pleasure to welcome you back.