Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

Two wonderful week - an investment in my health!
No wonder this retreat program won so many awards. It’s a perfect place to do a reset, recharge, reflect and get fit. All of this while enjoying beautiful breathtaking hikes and views, surrounded by a ratio of 3 to 1 staff (max participants/wk 16), feasting on ridiculously spectacular delicious organic calorie-controlled spa cuisine and pampering yourself in the spa.
The 5 pilar on which this program is based covered in the lectures, are designed so you walk away with a plan and small actions to enable you to reach your current and/or future goals. The overall aim is to systematically incorporate small new actions to live a balanced healthy life while dealing with the current fast pace of life today. « Keep progressing Not perfection »

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mountain T, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2019

Lyne,

We thank you for sharing your Mountain Trek experience, and glad to hear you feel pampered, balanced and recharged!

Reviewed October 7, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I went to MountainTrek for our 30th anniversary, to reboot our health for the next 30 years :). We both now look at this as one of the greatest experiences of our lives. I came home feeling better and more energetic than ever. I had a significant caffeine and sugar fix, and didn’t miss either at all. The hikes are challenging, but the payoff is so worth it! The entire staff is top-notch and the food out of this world. My only advice would be that you wean off of the caffeine in advance, which I did to save my headaches for home rather than the gorgeous Canadian mountains.

I’m very thankful to the entire staff at MountainTrek. They truly care for each person individually. This is not a “lounge around” holiday, but an incredible destination to reboot your health and your life.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank M8605UPjohna

John,

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife! So happy to hear that Mountain Trek left a positive lasting impression on lives.

Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

I actually stumbled upon Mountain Trek and will be forever grateful for my experience at this fitness and wellness focused retreat. Was it physically changing? Absolutely. By design. However, different than previous hiking and fitness retreats I have been on around the world,
Mountain Trek breaks their outings into 4 groups allowing for up and down days or simply a more achievable hike in the medium range. I learned so much about the correct use of poles and the correct form out on the trail. The guides were all beautiful people that truly cared about our execution of form and safety. Kirk and Cathy’s leadership, operational excellence and wealth of knowledge they impart to guests should be required in our education systems. I found this retreat to be multifaceted and effective in creating a whole human based practice that will be the foundation for my vitality for the rest of my life. Didi’s massages, Kristy’s fitness classes, knowledgeable, happy guides, oh and the FOOD was incredible! The chef’s are world-class. Kirk’s classes should be distributed to every single human, but until then, go to this retreat.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank kristinature

Kristi,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words! It is wonderful that you learned so much from the program, and that it will continue to help you on your journey. We hope to welcome you back again one day.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

I highly recommend Mountain Trek. I wasn't quite 100% sure what I was signing up for, and I read all these TA reviews - and re-read them before I booked. The retreat really is amazing. You get a true break from day-to-day life and stress.
The staff is incredible from Kirk and Kathy to each guide to the housekeepers that constantly keep the lodge AND all your dirty laundry clean.
The spa cuisine is so healthy and fresh. You really never go hungry while you eat less calories than you are likely to eat back at home.
I went with my mom on the trip, which was great. They accommodate multiple fitness levels, although I wish I would have trained a bit more before the retreat.
I pushed myself to limits I didn't think I had, and it feels really rewarding.
You also learn so much about wellness - truly based in science and history. The seminars were all stellar, and you leave the retreat with tools on how to integrate once you are back at home.
The staff really cares about your success during the week AND when you leave, and I am so appreciative of that care.
I highly recommend you stop reading the wonderful reviews, and book a trip of a lifetime to gain vitality inside and out.
All my coworkers and friends noticed a difference in my glowing skin and positive energy when I returned to work refreshed. I can't recommend MT enough! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! MT staff- keep up the great work!
(Also, I want to call out here- although I went with my mom - this is a VERY welcoming place for solo travelers! You will meet so many new wellness focused friends you'll have for a lifetime!)

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Jenna S

Jenna,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! We are delighted to hear that you learned so much about health and yourself. It was a pleasure to have you and your mother join us this year!

Reviewed July 29, 2019

I loved EVERYTHING about the experience at Mountain Trek. My husband and I were looking for a wellness retreat for my 50th. We looked at Rancho La Puerta, Canyon Ranch, etc... but we wanted something more intimate and a little more unique, something off the beaten path. We found it.

We are already fit and healthy but we wanted that extra push to get us to get us back on track and to the next level. That's exactly what Mountain Trek provided for us. We learned so much about nutrition, fitness, SLEEP, mindfulness and how our body functions best. And the team provided tools and strategies to keep us on track at home.

Each meal was delicious, the lectures were enlightening, the hiking was stunning, the lodge fitness was challenging. And by the way... They make the hiking and fitness classes doable for all levels of fitness.

The people at Mountain Trek were all wonderful. We loved enjoying the fire pit at the end of a day of accomplishments. Tea, no wine... but we did just FINE with that. :) We came back refreshed, with renewed vigor and a deeper sense of calm and enlightenment. I HIGHLY recommend Mountain Trek!!! We want to go back.

Room tip: book early!
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraE5669
MountainTrekRetreat, Owner at Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! We loved having you and your husband join us to celebrate your 50th, and are so proud to call you an alumni! Anyone that chooses to expand their health on their birthdays in celebration of LIFE is a life-long friend of ours ;).

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!