Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Globaljoan
Hawaii

5-Stars Exemplified

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 17, 2023
This is THE premier place to go for a week of exceptional health education, fitness strengthening, and overall awareness of how to live a longer, more fulfilling, energetic, and happier life. The staff, food, facilities, and experiences on offer are top of the class, hands-down. For me, this was a genuine transformational experience that will affect the rest of my life. This is a program for people who like to walk and hike.
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: Book the extra treatments in advance of arrival. The Thai massage in particular was excellent.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Sep 19, 2023
Hi Joan! Thank you very much for taking the time to share a review of your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We enjoyed spending the week with you and look forward to seeing you again in the future. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out. You know where to find us!
    0.6 km from Mountain Trek Health Reset Retreat
      Front of the hotel from Victoria Street
      39.0 km from Mountain Trek Health Reset Retreat
      38.6 km from Mountain Trek Health Reset Retreat
      View more hotels in Ainsworth Hot Springs
      All reviews hot tub take home fitness classes british columbia just returned from a week yoga studio strength training natural surroundings different levels game changer restorative yoga few years beautiful setting an amazing experience each meal small group daily laundry
      Selected filters
      Reviewed August 1, 2023

I waited a couple of weeks to write this to see what would stick after leaving and I am pleased to share that MT has been the real deal for me. Over 20 years in the making, the program they run is terrific and spot on for me. The recommended approach to nutrition and adjusting your eating/sleeping cycles is excellent -- my GIRD symptoms, inflammation, joint pain, energy fluctuations, all gone. A friend has gone solo multiple times, and recommended MT to me when I was searching for a post-pandemic, 360 degree health and wellness reset. With three pandemic years of stress, increasing inactivity, and you got the picture. I wanted a place to gain some exercise routines, eat better and learn more about nutrition, stress management, and also not have to make decisions or take care of anyone but myself for 7 entire days. In other words, a reset. Everything about MT's approach was the perfect match for me, down to the 6am wake-up to the full schedule to the no frills but really comfortable tenor of the lodge and the program itself. The meals are outstanding and the 1200-1400 calorie count can be adjusted if you are really feeling deprived, which I didn't. I didn't much notice the lack of diary/sugar/bread+pasta/salt/processed foods. The workouts are great. The bodywork is super helpful. I did miss the caffeine--try to get off caffeine before you arrive--it can be painful with headaches, etc. The hikes are stunningly beautiful and the guides are terrific and terrifically in shape, and also no joke. The hikes are not sightseeing, they are the core of the program and meant to be a work-out; it is called Mountain Trek after all. The hiking levels are a great tool--you can move up or down in difficulty depending on your fitness/motivation. You can also opt out of activities if you need to, but you lose the full benefit of the week. I have returned home with an exercise/workout program, a completely revamped diet and schedule, have moved to decaf, and have continued their basic diet though with the chefs' amazing talents. 2 weeks later I continue to get stronger and also lose weight. Final words of advice -- if you aren't something of a self-starter and you are looking for a more luxurious, pampering, spa-like setting, MT might not be a good fit. This is a rigorous program run family-style (i.e. small groups) for people motivated to live their best and healthiest life. It might just change yours, too.

Trip type: Travelled solo
      Mountain Trek, General Manager at Mountain Trek Health Reset Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2023

Hi Cara, we are touched by your thorough review of your experience, and thank you for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community. We are honored to hear that our reset program has helped you on so many levels. We really hope to spend another week with you in the future! Be well, MT

Reviewed July 27, 2023

I contemplated this program for about a year before taking the plunge, and I'm so glad I did! Mountain Trek provides a fully immersive - no BS - experience that challenges and invigorates the body, mind, and spirit. The people truly make the experience: I was part of a cohort of solo travelers only, very well mixed by coincidence, and thankfully the group dynamics were effortless. Mountain Trek staff deserve a special mention - everyone was welcoming, informative, and highly professional. The hikes are the centerpiece, but everything else is a close second; the delicious chef-inspired food; lectures packed with practical, science-based info, the spa facility, and massages to soothe your aching muscles. I left determined to incorporate a renewed way of living. My gratitude to the entire team!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
      Mountain Trek, General Manager at Mountain Trek Health Reset Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2023

We are honored to hear your experience was well worth the wait. Thank you for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community. We hope to have you back again next season!

Reviewed July 25, 2023

This was my second time at Mountain Trek and once again it exceeded my expectations! I love that they have 4 group levels for hiking. The last time I was here (about 10 yrs ago), I was at the top of my game for fitness and was in their group 1 hiking. This time (post the inactivity of the pandemic and a recovering sprained ankle) I was in group 4. I was a bit nervous since I was much more out of shape, but the group 4 pace for the hikes was the perfect balance of challenging and doable! I felt encouraged and supported the entire time. All the staff are incredibly knowledgeable and positive, the other guests were great to meet and get to know. With a max of 16 guests, it always feels intimate, and at the end of the week, I felt like I made new friends. The food was delicious, I never felt hungry. The lectures/talks were educational and inspirational with a focus on how to incorporate what we learned into the rest of our lives. Did I mention the 3 included evening massages!!! I left feeling clearer in my mind, stronger in my body, and lighter in my soul! Highly recommend!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
      Mountain Trek, General Manager at Mountain Trek Health Reset Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2023

Hi Tanya! We so loved spending another week with you, and can't wait for the next (let's not let it be 10 years this time!!). Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We really appreciate you and your feedback. Wishing you all the best.

Reviewed July 24, 2023

If you are looking for a fantastic and unfussy way to reset your health, Mountain Trek is the perfect place to do it. The staff is outstanding and knowledgeable about a variety of health topics, the hikes are wonderful and geared towards all levels and speed, the food was delicious. I wasn't hungry at all in spite of being on a calorie restricted diet. I've done several other upscale spas like Miraval and Canyon Ranch, and I would not return to any of them. I will return to Mountain Trek. Its unpretentious approach to moving you towards better health was exactly what I needed.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
      1  Thank Beth F

Our week with you was amazing Beth. We're glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and found our unique program to fit your needs! We really look forward to another visit in the future! Be well and stay strong!

Reviewed June 14, 2023

If you are looking for a reset this is it! I am so grateful to each person on the Mountain Trek team for this amazing week. The program's tagline is a health reset retreat program and that is definitely what you get! I honestly would not have known that the diet is intentionally calorically restrictive unless they told us. Each meal is so graciously prepared with the freshest ingredients and the richest flavours. It was the first time a program showed me that it worked by being exposed to it and feeling energized and not at all hungry all week long.

The days start with a gentle yoga practice which helps your body feel ready for the day. From there you are off to breakfast and a daily overview. The lectures in the morning or afternoon were so informative, and made even better by both Kirk and Katy's engaging presentation skills. The hikes were beautiful, and breaking up the group helps ensure that there is a pace for everyone. Forest bathing mid week was a lovely treat, as was a short shopping excursion at Crawford Bay. The evenings were a delicious treat between restorative yoga, sound bathing and massages you were so relaxed and ready for a good night sleep.

The only drawbacks I would mention is that the spa is co-ed, so if for modesty or other reason you are uncomfortable of sharing the space in that way you will not get to experience those amenities. Also the bedroom doors only lock from the inside, and the house itself only gets locked at night. I had no issues with theft or anything of that sort, it was just an adjustment and something I was not necessarily expecting. The last note I would mention is that even though the menu is alcohol free, alcohol does form part of some of the sauces. As such if that is a restriction you have made sure you clearly let the team know about that.

Overall I would highly recommend the program. Each staff member is so kind and helpful and you will leave refreshed and equipped with great health habits that will carry you well beyond your stay.

Date of stay: June 2023
      Trip type: Travelled solo
      Mountain Trek, General Manager at Mountain Trek Health Reset Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2023

Hi Sarah - we are honored to have spent a week with you for your to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We sincerely hope we get to see you again next season. We wish you all the best.