“My go to coffee shop & lunch spot”

Alternative Grounds Coffee & Tea House
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Burns Lake
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: Pizza, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Alternative Grounds has moved! We are now located downtown on Hwy 16 across from the Chevron/Town Pantry. Our offerings include full breakfasts (available all day), waffles, home-baking, made-in-house soups, fresh salads, upscale sandwiches & paninis,& pizza. Specializing in gourmet organic, fair-trade coffees & loose leaf teas & real fruit smoothies. Gluten-free & vegetarian options always available. Call us for your catering & gift basket needs!
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I always enjoy going to Alternative Grounds for coffee or lunch. The ambience is very relaxing & the staff are very friendly. I would definitely recommend this great coffee shop!

1  Thank SharonG1498

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I come to this little cafe often and have always had a decent experience until the last couple times. As they have a full menu for breakfast and lunch but only offer counter service it can leave the customer with an awkward dining experience. When we were up at the till we ordered our breakfast and my tea and payed for our order. We then sat down and an employee brought my tea to the table, when I asked if I could have sugar and cream she pointed to the front of the cafe where you fix your to go coffee and said it was over there. We then had our breakfast delivered and when I asked if there was syrup for my waffle the employee said “you have to pay for it”. This is usually a good little place but as a customer, things get a bit awkward and confusing when the staff doesn’t make it clear what the systems are.

1  Thank Christina L
AltBL, Owner at Alternative Grounds Coffee & Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2018

My sincerest apologies for your uncomfortable experience. I take great pride in providing the best possible service to all our customers & try to instill this value in my staff as well. Thank you for this reminder.....I will be sure to speak to my staff about the importance of good service! If you would allow me to, I would like to offer you a breakfast on-the-house. Please come see me......

Rose

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Good variety - light menu and tables outside (and inside providing the weather cooperates) Convenient - fight on the highway. Limited parking across the road

1  Thank Ann B
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Always good food and good service. Trendy place right in the middle of town. Sunny summer days allow for seating outside.

1  Thank Melody S
Reviewed June 24, 2017

Great coffee, great food and fresh cinnamon buns make this a required stop between Smithers and Prince George. We were not able to try all the delicious looking items on the menu but what we did was great. And the fresh cinnamon buns...mmmmmmm!

1  Thank George C