“Best breakfast ever had anywhere”

Alternative Grounds Coffee & Tea House
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Burns Lake
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: Pizza, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Alternative Grounds has moved! We are now located downtown on Hwy 16 across from the Chevron/Town Pantry. Our offerings include full breakfasts (available all day), waffles, home-baking, made-in-house soups, fresh salads, upscale sandwiches & paninis,& pizza. Specializing in gourmet organic, fair-trade coffees & loose leaf teas & real fruit smoothies. Gluten-free & vegetarian options always available. Call us for your catering & gift basket needs!
Reviewed June 19, 2018

We were travelling along and tenting it so we decided to eat here for breakfast. Well all we can say is that the staff work hard to provide you with the best ever food . Their egg scramble was the best ever we had anywhere. We insist on the recipe please. The place is busy and the service is spot on . The staff are friendly and helpful .

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Quite possibly the best coffee house on highway 16 between Jasper and Prince Rupert. Super friendly staff, wonderful service, and great food. Best egg scramble i’ve ever had. My wife always always has special dietary requests (they aren’t requirements - she’s just picky) and staff always accommodate graciously. The owner makes a point of establishing a relationship with repeat customers. A joy to visit.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

We were treated very nicely by several of the staff. The food was great - try one of the several originally-designed paninis and top it off with a salt-carmel brownie....yummy. Our waiter was naturally personable, and not 'over the top' as are many waiters nowadays.
It was a particular pleasure for us to be able to patronize a great locally-owned restaurant that was run so well. Thank you.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I always enjoy going to Alternative Grounds for coffee or lunch. The ambience is very relaxing & the staff are very friendly. I would definitely recommend this great coffee shop!

1  Thank SharonG1498
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I come to this little cafe often and have always had a decent experience until the last couple times. As they have a full menu for breakfast and lunch but only offer counter service it can leave the customer with an awkward dining experience. When we were up at the till we ordered our breakfast and my tea and payed for our order. We then sat down and an employee brought my tea to the table, when I asked if I could have sugar and cream she pointed to the front of the cafe where you fix your to go coffee and said it was over there. We then had our breakfast delivered and when I asked if there was syrup for my waffle the employee said “you have to pay for it”. This is usually a good little place but as a customer, things get a bit awkward and confusing when the staff doesn’t make it clear what the systems are.

1  Thank Christina L
AltBL, Owner at Alternative Grounds Coffee & Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2018

My sincerest apologies for your uncomfortable experience. I take great pride in providing the best possible service to all our customers & try to instill this value in my staff as well. Thank you for this reminder.....I will be sure to speak to my staff about the importance of good service! If you would allow me to, I would like to offer you a breakfast on-the-house. Please come see me......

Rose