“Very Accommodating”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cache Creek
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Very Accommodating”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I recently stayed at the Sandman Hotel in Cache Creek. I was pleasantly surprised with this little hotel. Upon my arrival I was greeted by the friendly staff, my room was clean and quiet - something that I associate with the Sandman chain.
They have a restaurant on site and the food was very satisfying after a long day on the road; great selection of Greek dishes! I had the chicken souvlaki and took the left overs back to my room and put them in my fridge for later.
The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet, making for a good night's sleep!
In the morning, I helped myself to a variety of newspapers, sipped my coffee over a great omelette at the restaurant and then loaded up my car. The front desk girl helped me check out and asked for a business card to enter in their monthly draw. *Free night stay!
Regardless if I win, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank celeste_ials
Kathleen V, Manager at Sandman Inn Cache Creek, responded to this review, 25 December 2012
Thank You and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2010

For our trip from Victoria (via Swartz ferry) to Clearwater we chose to book in advance an overnight stop at the Cache Creek Sandeman Inn. We had chosen to keep to the scenic Highway 1 and stopped of for an excellent meal at Boston Bar.
By the time we got to Cache Creek it was 8.45pm and our host at the Sandeman Inn had great delight in telling us that he had been considering giving our room to someone else at 9pm. We had obviously just made it!
Having been a hot day which is not uncommon in this area the room was stuffy and the air conditioning was noisy but necessary. We had considered plugging in the Laptop for charging but looking at the number of plugs that were already being used in an extension lead under the table we thought better of it. There was a restaurant attached but breakfast was not included in the price and we decided to eat elsewhere.
We were glad that we had seen the scenery but we were also definitly glad that this was just an overnight stop.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank fourcorbies
We are a stop over for many travellers. Coming from Prince George area and Vancouver area.
We appreciate your stayover.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2009

While I was planning on Camping this night the weather didn't look or sound to promising so I chicked into the Sandman. Extrememly friendly front desk lady. She gave me a great rate on a room on the graound floor where I could park my car about 3 feet from the front door. The room was clean a little dated but for just one night what more could I ask for. I had no laptop so I cannot comment on the internet nor did I eat there. I did go to the Husky for dinner acrross the street. And boy am I sorry I ate there. I had the sorriest exscuse for a young server I have ever seen. No smiles menu thrown at me Nothing was offered I had to ask for a beverage. And the food was over microwaved and not very tasty. But enough of this place. The Sandman is not very hard to find and easy to get in and out of. The town its self of Cache Creek does not have a lot to offer other than a rest stop for the night and not many choices for restaurants other than an A & W or Dairy Queen.
If need be I would stay here again yes. The friendliness of the front desk lady again was very welcoming after a long days drive.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank gunner116
We Strive to make all customers happy and content. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel.
Washington State
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Nice and quiet hotel with a decent cafe. Wifi works only on one side of the building (the other side, in our case). The hotel was clean and in good repair.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goforadrive
Kathleen V, Manager at Sandman Inn Cache Creek, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Thank You we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our internet has been upgraded and is working great. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Noted the sign off the highway but drove thru the rest of the small town and elected this to be the best of all the motels.
We had no reservations, but they quickly offered a room with reasonable rates.
While checking in with the managers/owners we noted the many film stars on the wall who stayed here as well. If Jennifer Lopez can stay here so can we- glad we did.
The room was clean and simple. The bed was fairly new and not saggy. Clean sheets and plenty of towels.
The room had a nice size TV, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, many wooden hangers, free internet connection, clean air conditioner and a quiet toilet fan.
Would suggest this hotel to another traveler if you need a place for a night or two.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank advcardio
Thank you. Your words are most encouraging its comments like yours that make us work that much harder to achieve what we want and that is to have a great Reputation.
Scotland
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Were travelling from Hope to Kamloops and decided to stop here. Our advise is DON'T STOP. Nothing here apart from expensive "cheap" motels.
Room itself very small/basic. Alledged "delux" room hate to think what basic was. Not even a fridge.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — its in a one horse town
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank TedandBabs
Thank you we appreciate your comments. They help us to improve.

Travellers are raving about these Cache Creek hotels

Hampshire
Reviewed 25 July 2007

Friendly staff, room fine. Microwave but no plates or cutlery

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Cussie
Kathleen V, Manager at Sandman Inn Cache Creek, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to drop us a line. We will look very forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cache Creek
0.7 km away
Sage Hills Motel
Sage Hills Motel
#7 of 10 in Cache Creek

Been to Sandman Inn Cache Creek? Share your experiences!