Pemberton Hotel(Pemberton)
US$101
Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel(Pemberton)(Great Value!)
US$136
Priceline
Pemberton Valley Lodge(Pemberton)(Great Value!)
US$185
4 Pines Motel(Lillooet)
US$63
Hotel De Oro(Lillooet)
US$68
US$66
US$72
US$65
The Log House Inn(Pemberton)(Great Value!)
US$179
Hitching Post Motel(Mount Currie)
US$90
Hotel Victoria(Lillooet)
US$49
Hotels.com
All reviewsfloat planehot tubmountain bikingtwo nightssteam roomspruce lakebritish columbiaremote locationgravel roadlake viewan adventurebeautiful placetake your timefood was greathour drivepool tablerooms are large
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Just returned from Tyax where we stayed for 4 days. Initially when you arrive you are blown away by the resort, location and the utter tranquility! However, don't be fooled, its not as quiet as you would think. There is a campground beside the resort which seemed to be fill of screaming kids most of the day; and it was almost impossible to get away from. The room and resort were stunningly beautiful and I have no complaints at all about that. However, one night I was kept awake by adults who were clearly drunk, loud, slamming doors, running through the corridors, whistling etc; and the last door slammed at 3am. I did not feel comfortable talking to them myself and attempted to contact the front desk to deal with it. However, they close around 10am so basically you are hooped!! I talked to them in the am and her only reply was she would talk with the bartender. the next night it went on until midnight, still a little late for my liking. I really feel I shouldn't have had to pay for that night seeing as they weren't able to address the problem while its happening. The food was super, however, I think they really need to either have a larger menu to choose from or change the selections more often. It got a little 'old' by the 4th day. Housekeeping was generally acceptable, however, I put my dirty towels in the bathtub as they tell you to do if you want them changed, and the housekeeper just hung them back up, and they were clearly dirty. So, it's a lovely resort, but when asked if I would go back again, I probably wouldn't.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank TinDou
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at Tyax. The hotel had only been open a few weeks for the start of the season and was still very quiet. Consequently we were given lake view rooms which were outstanding. The view of the lake and mountains was a treat to wake up to every morning.
The room was spotlessley clean, modern and well maintained whith very comfortable beds and pillows which were appreciated at the end of long active days.
We used the resorts kayaks which are free to use and spent hours paddling around the lake viewing the local wildlife.
Staff at the hotel were friendly and eager to please and the food was of a high standard.
The spa facilities are very good and we ended one day soaking in the hot tub which is situated on the grass in front of the lake - bliss!
I would also recommend the sea-plane flight over the glaciers - beautiful scenery.
It is true that the journey to Tyax along Carpenter Lake Road is a bit scary for those of a nervous disposition (as I am) but we took the drive carefully and it was well worth the journey to spend time in such lovely surrounding and in such a comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Splash out for a lake view room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susieJ52
Reviewed August 4, 2010

great setting, lovely chalets...but the care to summer guests left a bit to be desired....no followup once we checked in to see if things were ok, very hard to get a good map or sense of where hiking or different bike trails were at, as the focus is on the winter revenue stream. If the lodge truly wants to make summer guests want to return, they need to step it up on having staff available and well versed in the many many opportunities in the area to enjoy nature. the lodge is under reno, so hopefully most guests get better service under normal circumstances.
Cobwebs in the chalets but otherwise great...the canoes are pretty low end but thankfully are included in the rent.
was disappointed to make such a long drive into the "wilderness" only to find numerous cabins on the lake. Guess a person needs to do more research for a wilderness retreat!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I have had an opportunity over the years to explore B.C. staying at many campsites and discovering many lakes. Tyaughton Lake is by far the most beautiful lake in B.C. It is breath taking. You are completely surrounded by mountains and nestled in the middle of this beauty. It doesnt matter where you decide to stay because it is the lake that will keep you coming back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We got great weather and experienced no undue road delays but the travel directions were not accurate in many ways and the trip took nearly an hour longer than published. Gorgeous country so it was an interesting drive into autumn weather. The hotel looks great at first glance but inside it s not in great condition - carpets in hallways with holes in them, bathrooms not maintained overnight, our room had big dark stains on the carpets and gradually developed a stale smell. There were only about 6 rooms in use so if they had better rooms I'm not sure why they'd give this one to a guest. We did like the balcony, the food in the restaurant was excellent (pork tenderloin, molten lava cake) Enjoyed paddling in the lake and looked forward to a hot tub before dinner - but a sign on the hot tub said it was not working. It was not a new sign - it has been out of commission for a while. Horses mowing the lawn were a delightful touch. Staff at the desk were unable to answer our questions regarding roads, road conditions, etc. They did not offer to find out from someone else. I was going to bring a group to the resort for a 3 day retreat but I won't do it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple