Hotels.com
Priceline
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews beautiful lake heli skiing lodge spa pilot wood
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2019

We stayed for two nights in June, at this lodge. We paid extra for a room with a view of the lake which was well worth it, as I could just sit and look at it all day.
The hotel is a two and a half hour drive from Lilooet, down a road with lots of bends that is only partly made up, with stones on the road that have fallen down the mountains. You wonder whether it will be worth it, and then you get there, and the hotel is glorious: Large lawn sloping down to the lake with mountains behind. Huge beams, comfortable bar and lounge, with pool, a piano, board games etc and good service and food. Downstairs, there is a hot tub and sauna. There are canoes to use on the lake, and walks nearby. There is a basic complementary breakfast ( you pay for tea and coffee), but a menu if you want more than cereal, toast and eggs.

Room tip: get a room with a view of the lake
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
heatherreimerattyax, General Manager at Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2019

Thanks for your 5-star review, Tina. We are very glad you felt that our lodge was worth the drive.....we think so too. You are welcome back anytime.

Reviewed June 25, 2019

Tyax is a beautiful and very remote resort and unfortunately has their guests over a barrel. During our stay the resort quite literally ran out of water, leaving us unable to bathe or flush toilets. Given the remoteness and difficulty of getting to Tyax, I was astonished that we were offered a one night's accomodation credit and refused a pro-rated credit for our accommodation cost. Being denied compensation for something as basic as flush toilets and running water at a luxury Canadian resort is unbelievable. Will never go there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
heatherreimerattyax, General Manager at Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2019

We are sorry that the lodge experienced a water problem during your stay. We actually did not "run out of water", but rather a specialized pump part went out. Given our remote location, we were unable to source a replacement immediately, however, within 24 hours we were up and running again. It is unfortunate that the $300 credit that was offered was not acceptable to you, as we feel this should have made up for the shower you were unable to take the morning of your departure. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, as this is not what we like to provide for our guests. As you can see from our 4 and 5 star reviews, this was an anomaly, and not the norm. As you have already received a gift certificate, if you are not interested in returning, we hope that you can pass this along to anyone you might wish to give it to.

Reviewed June 25, 2019

Staying for two nights. At dinner time of the second night, Tyax's water system totally failed. No spare parts, no backup, no secondary system. No showers, no bathrooms facilities, etc.

Cash registers worked ok, charged us the full rate!

Management later offered a free night some time in the future, however as lodge is a nine plus hour drive and ferry trip from our home (each way), this was not an option. Even if it was next door we would not return. An actual embarrassment for Canada as foreign tourists staying were not at all impressed.

Date of stay: June 2019

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. A specialized pump part failed, and as such we were unable to replenish our water tanks. Given our remote location, a replacement was not able to be sourced until the next morning. As you are aware, the bathroom facilities were able to be used in other rooms in the short term, and by the morning of your day of departure, we were up and running again. There are challenges that we need to overcome by virtue of our location, and while some clients are adaptable, others are not.

As you are aware, a $300 credit was offered to you, as you were unable to take a shower on the morning of your departure, but to the best of my knowledge, your dinner the night before was served without incident? Should you choose to not take advantage of our offer, we will gladly accept the already provided gift certificate to anyone you would like to give it to.

As most reviewers will see, our normal 4 and 5 star reviews show a consistent level of service standard; unfortunately, during this time period we were unable to provide service as we normally do and for that we apologize.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

This is my first ever review but I couldn’t return from our holiday and not mention how impressed we were with this place.
I must admit we were nervous after some reviews about the drive to the property. We only had a Toyota Corolla and from what I read, it wasn’t going to get us there! Please don’t panic. Just take it slow and be cautious of the rubble on the roads. But trust me when I say, the journey is beyond beautiful. We kept stopping to look at the Ospreys and Bald eagles and for our 3500 km road trip, this was a highlight for me.

I will try to keep this short, but I can’t speak highly enough of the Tyax lodge. It is in prestine condition and out of all the hotels we stayed in over 3 weeks, this was our favorite. The rooms were spacious and the views to die for. They were actually so nice, we didn’t want to leave the room to actually do anything!

I had read some reviews about the food being expensive...... I don’t get this as it was what I was expecting to pay and for the quality of food would have happily paid more. I don’t remember the name of the dessert I had But I’m still banging onto people about it. It was the best dessert I have ever had. Ask for the apricot pastry thing!

Breakfast was a joy. We were the only ones down there and it was small but perfectly formed. The blueberry muffins were so good that I need to invest in another gym membership now I’m back to try and get rid of the damage but worth every bite!

It does what it says on the tin. If you are after a few days of beautiful nothingness, this is the one. We spent more time on our balcony than doing activities but that is what we wanted. And watching the deer on the lawn as the sun came up was enough to make me ask the question...... can I stay here forever? Thank you for a great stay.

Room tip: Get a lake view balcony room
Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank amylouisecourt
ElysaD17, Manager at Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear amylouisecourt,

Your feedback of your recent stay at Tyax Lodge has certainly made our day! Thank you very much for taking the time in writing such a thoughtful, well-described review.

We are delighted to hear that despite some previous reviews that you read, your journey to and experience at Tyax was everything and more; this is exactly what we hope for all of our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Warm regards,
Elysa Dykeman

Reviewed August 24, 2018

7 buddies and I stayed three nights in the lodge so we could go mountain biking with Tyax Adventures. We also kayaked, paddle boarded, and swam in the lake. The food was top notch - try the banana icecream caramel dessert! The service was fantastic - super friendly people. Rooms were very clean and spacious.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Elysa D, Manager at Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Brian K,

What a lovely review you've shared; thank you very much! We are thrilled to hear you and your friends had a great time and do hope that you visit us again soon!

Warm regards,