Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Agoda.com
Multiple ways to pay
albertabluesky

Should be a no-star, we couldn't even check in

Review of Motel 99
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 26, 2022
Used Booking.com to book
Arrived on said day, place looked deserted, 'lobby' door locked, rang bell at 'residence' door adjacent, no answer, no answer when calling, cars in parking lot, pounded on both door, nothing, no one about. Is this even a hotel anymore? We were fortunate to find an alternative (Western Traveller)
Date of stay: October 2022
      • eDreams
      • Lol.travel
      18.3 km from Motel 99
      View more hotels in Grand Forks
      See what travellers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed October 6, 2022

We've stayed in Grand Forks a number of times. We love the area, its history and geography. Last night we were late getting to town because of mechanical issues so we didn't book ahead and the other places we've stayed were full. We don't expect anything grand but simply clean and reasonably well-appointed. Motel 99 was neither of these. The stairs leading up to the third story were dirty and ruckled. (My husband has a minor disability so well-maintained stairs are important.) The first thing I saw when we entered our room was a large insect leap from the bed. Was it a cricket or some sort of sawyer beetle? I don't know because over the course of our single night we found both in our room and many more on the walls of the motel, the stairs. The room was shabby and not particularly clean. There were dark hairs in the threadbare sheets which of course made me suspect they hadn't been washed after the last occupant. Two upholstered chairs were filthy. The pillow cases were soiled. (We wrapped the pillows in towels.) The mattress was torn and too big for the box spring so it hung over the edges. The shower curtain was dirty. I know these are difficult times for many but I think the bare minimum for anyone offering accommodation is cleanliness and functional plumbing. If a room can't be properly cleaned or serviced, it shouldn't be rented. When I tried to have a shower first thing in the morning, the tap came away from the wall and wouldn't turn on.

Room tip: I can't recommend that travellers stay in this place under any circumstances.
      Date of stay: October 2022
      Reviewed September 17, 2022

To give this a one star would be unfair to a one star.

Total third world:
      - Stained, dirty and torn carpet
      - left over bar of soap in shower
      - toilet not flushed with remains from last guest
      - room full of flies (at least 10)
      - The sheets are scary so I'm using my sleeping bag and sleeping on top. Not sure how many weeks ago they were washed

Would not recommend even if it was free

Room tip: NONE! Keep driving
      Date of stay: September 2022
      Reviewed September 13, 2022

Room was horribly dirty. Thank goodness I had sanitizing wipes in my car or we would not have been able to stay. It was obvious that pillow on bed had been used and carpet was so dirty we could not take off our shoes. No coffee, tea, kettle or supplies. Microwave only but nothing to heat anything in. No cups except plastic.
      They should not be allowed to stay in business in our opinion.

Date of stay: September 2022
      Reviewed April 13, 2022

Cheap the room rate, cheap the furnishings, cheap the linen, cheap the soundproofing, cheap the wifi if you can connect, cheap the bottomless bathroom vanity.
      If you want cheap with all that's listed, this is the place for you or go elsewhere.

Room tip: Go elsewhere
      Date of stay: April 2022
      Reviewed December 8, 2021 via mobile

I went to Motel .99 on December 5 worst decision I could ever make the room look clean but it wasn’t the bed was full of hair and blood and bedbugs and cockroaches!

I went to use the washroom came back to find cockroaches on my pillow! I killed many in the few minutes sitting there!

I went to the office to talk to the manager and he could care less he came to the room without a mask! As well as when I checked in he didn’t wear a mask!

I showed him the dead bugs i killed and he said that it’s to be expected in that city because that city is a jungle out there!
      I told him cockroaches are not acceptable and it’s not because of the city due to poor cleaning!

Told him there’s many hairs in the bed plus blood I showed him the blood and he said it wasn’t blood clearly it was blood and he said the sheets were fine that there was no hair all over I showed him all the hair that I pulled off a little section of the sheets he said that didn’t come from the sheets but the sheets were clean!

All while standing there with no mask on!!
      He asked me if I wanted to leave I said no I want my money back he laughed said I won’t get my money back that if I wanted to leave I could just leave and I said you’re not getting money that easy!!

I sat in a chair all night because I was so scared about the bedbugs and the cockroaches that I stayed up all night watching for anything to come near me!
      I sat in a chair all night just to stay safe The mini bugs running round!

Tell him the bugs were acceptable because he said there’s nothing he can do!
      Stay clear of this hotel or you will be taking critters home to your house and your vehicles!!

This Place is disgusting not worth $90 I paid to sit in the chair all night!!!!

He also does tax evasion because he said that if we paid cash he wouldn’t have to declare the taxes on the room!!

This motel is advertisedon booking.com
      Tried to go to it to put a review toward people away from this place because you’re guaranteed to go home or some kind of critter and no one should have to spend $90 to sit in a chair all night to avoid all kinds of bugs!!!

Date of stay: December 2021