Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Alex
Vancouver, Canada

Very clean room

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 3, 2020
VERY clean. Yes, the room and furniture in it are dated. As the motel's name suggested, I was expecting something very old. Instead, we had a great night's sleep in a squeaky clean room with a very clean bathroom. No "old smells" whatsoever. I would definitely stay here again. Wifi was totally adequate.
Date of stay: August 2020
  • Booking.com
15.6 km from The Victorian Motel and RV Park
2.7 km from The Victorian Motel and RV Park
View more hotels in Grand Forks
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2020

Can’t drink the water for my entire stay. Was told they offer bottled water but none for me. Found old mouse dropping in the dresser drawers. Bought mouse traps but it was old. Hot water was hard to come by and I did not like the cold showers. No tub, just the metal shower. My opportunity to move cake after 16 days of my prepaid monthly rate. This means that just under 1/2 my money would be returned to my personal credit card and instead they changed me to daily from monthly rental and refunded me approximately $100 instead of the $407 I was expecting.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2019

I recently travelled to my 40th high school reunion and stopped here partway. I'd booked the room sight unseen off the internet and was delighted with the room, not only because I got there so late the key was waiting for me in a secret location and I was tired, but because it was so quaint, with laminate flooring, antique-ish furniture, a homemade-looking quilt, a lace runner on the vanity, etc., so many small touches that showed the thoughtful care of the owners. It was anything but typical. It almost felt like I'd arrived at my Grandma's house instead of a motel on the edge of town on Highway 3. The sheets were crisp, cool and clean and felt like heaven on my road-weary (convertible-driven, therefore sun, wind- battered, etc.) body. My only disappointment was the small standup shower when I was craving a bath but otherwise, it was delightful. I spoke with the very personable owners in the morning and that was a further pleasure. I would totally recommend this place.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019

Wonderful hosts, the room was cooled down for me when I arrived and was very comfortable and clean. Easy access to town and the road out of it. The sound of traffic didn't affect me. I would recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

Small room, but clean and comfy. Same price for a room with kitchenette as without, so we took it. Catch is you have to wash your own dishes, which is fine by me. It's an honour system though, and I think the previous guests faked it, so I washed everything we were going to use. I wouldn't use the pots and pans, they were pretty old and beat up. Fridge and microwave were pretty new. Bed was pretty comfy, and despite being right on hwy 3, we didn't hear traffic, and slept well. Bathroom was tiny, and the door didn't latch properly, so good thing it was just 2 of us :P
Not a swanky place, but all in all, just fine for what we needed.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

We tucked in for a week, and it was great. Kid-friendly, the kitchen is small but has everything you need, the WiFi worked, the water was hot, the decor is quaint, and the best part is the owners. They felt like an aunt and uncle, gave great advice for travelers, and made us feel at home. I hope we get to come again one day.

Date of stay: March 2019