Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sheila S
Medicine Hat, Canada

Highly recommend

Review of Grand Forks Inn
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 25, 2024via mobile
My husband and I were very impressed by the comfortable, clean rooms. The bed was comfortable. The girl at the front desk was so nice. She was very busy but was very calm and patient. The location is great. We appreciated that breakfast was included. It was nice to be able to park outside our door.We would highly recommend it and would definitely stay again.
Date of stay: May 2024
    19.2 km from Grand Forks Inn
    Rock Garden
      2.8 km from Grand Forks Inn
      View more hotels in Grand Forks
      All reviews yogurt room was clean lots of parking saturday september boiled eggs a ground floor room work crew fair price the main highway beds queen tub pet vehicle
      Selected filters
      Reviewed March 12, 2024

Unfortunately the booking clerk who made my reservation over the phone booked my stay for the wrong day, and by the time I had noticed, the incorrect date had already passed and my credit card was charged as a "no show". This was over a week before when my requested date was.

I did not catch their mistake until it was too late. I called to advise of this, but management refused to provide a refund. I now am stuck paying for someone else's mistake. I travel for work very frequently and I double-check and triple-check my information when making a booking, and I have NEVER encountered this. I called to politely advise of this, but management refused to provide a refund. I am now stuck paying for someone else's mistake. Absolutely zero responsibility taken by them and no sense of customer service. How shameful.

Date of stay: March 2024
      • Trip type: Travelled solo
      Reviewed September 25, 2023

On the plus side the room was very clean. There were a number of things wrong with the room. Had difficulty with TV however staff was very helpful. AC didn't really cool off room. Bathtub was slippery with no grab bars. Breakfast is really minimal. Even though the hotel is set back from the road there is a lot of road noise. For a one night stay it was fine. I feel the price was high for what you got. Not sure I would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2023
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Reviewed July 5, 2023

We planned a stay is this little southern BC town and it included one night here.

The room was decent sized and it appears to have been freshened with paint and some work in the bathroom.

We had two queen beds but slept in only one. This one was quite soft - be design or wear I am not sure.

The breakfast was simple and satisfying, but the coffee rapidly disappeared.

Overall, we had simple expectations and it met those requirements. The staff were glad to serve and answer questions.

BTW - the pool is down indefinitely as the liner is ripped. You can sit around the pool deck but don't jump in.

Date of stay: July 2023
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Reviewed May 28, 2023

My wife and I stayed at Grand Forks Inn for one night during the return part of a Vancouver to Saskatoon road trip. We booked via Expedia that day while coming from Fernie, paying $144 (including taxes) for a “Standard room – 2 queen beds”.

Check-in was quick and easy. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful.

The Grand Forks Inn is an old-style typical motel (i.e., drive your car and park in front of your motel room door and walk in). It isn’t fancy and at $144, it was at the lower end of what we would normally pay (and less than we would have paid if there had been something a little more upscale for a reasonable price). However, it seemed to be the only game in town and it did meet our minimum needs.

The room was fine, although basic. The bar fridge was very small and we struggled to get the limited number of food items and drinks from our small car cooler into it (in fact, we had to leave some items out). The bathroom had been recently “renovated” but the changes might not have been much of an improvement. A new linoleum floor had been laid down on top of the old one. However, it had not been cut perfectly, so there was about ¾ of an inch gap between the new linoleum and the edge of the tub. In this gap, you could see the old linoleum. In addition, it appeared that the bathtub had had some sort of spray coat applied to it, as it was gleaming white on the edges, but there was considerable overspray on this newly-laid linoleum.

Breakfast was included, but was limited. There was some fruit, yogurt, packaged snack bars, toast, boiled eggs and juice boxes.

There was nothing particularly “bad” about the Grand Forks Inn. It was basic accommodation for a reasonable price and, in that sense, was very much “average” (i.e., no better or worse than expected). We happily watched TV at night and were refreshed for our drive back to Vancouver the next day.

Date of stay: May 2023
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Reviewed October 25, 2022

I was a part of a group that stayed on Saturday September 10th. Upon arrival I was greeted by the same friendly face that has been there in past visits, and she's always incredibly helpful.
      The hotel is right on the main highway, central to everything you need with a grocery store across the street. Lots of parking out front makes it easy to load everything out of the vehicle at the end of the day. We appreciate you making room for our group on a busy weekend!

Date of stay: September 2022