Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great Art and gift shop. Something for everyone:)

Pleasant people with lot's of knowledge about the area. Great art from local artist. For sale or... read more

Reviewed June 25, 2015
Teresa R
Grand Forks, Canada
Informative, friendly and helpful staff

Reviewed July 9, 2018
N1340NVsaraho
Grand Forks, Canada

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Always something great to see: art shows, local history, seasonal events, etc. Art shows are typically well worth viewing. The building itself is the most beautiful building in all of Grand Forks.

Date of experience: June 2018
P1511EGtinab, Public Relations Manager at Gallery 2 Grand Forks Art Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2021

Thank you for visiting Gallery 2!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Everytime I go to Grand Forks I go by this gallery, which is by donation. The gallery shop has some very nice unique items and local artists. The gallery is very well curated and has great artwork. Well worth the visit. Also there is a local history museum and the building is a beautiful old courthouse and includes the antique customs house on the grounds. Stop by and you won't regret it.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed August 30, 2016

A wonderful discovery combination of art and history. When we viewed in August, there was a wonderful display of amazing handmade quilts, with fascinating artistic creations. I can understand why people were disappointed to find that the Gallery was closed when they wanted to visit. Perhaps it is because it is kept open by donations and it does take money to operate and upkeep such a beautiful building and staff. I know next time I visit, I will increase my donation.

Date of experience: August 2016

Thank you Lorraine, we appreciate your support and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed March 23, 2016

This gallery that by the way has an entrance with donation, exposes all local artists and of course with many different styles. Really worth it a visit because they have some pretty amazing paintings, some of them are even on sell or on rent!

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank BarbaraT20162016

Thank you Barbara for your visit to the gallery. It's always nice to hear such positive feedback.

Reviewed September 10, 2015

I had a very disappointing experience inquiring into renting the facility at the art gallery which is a beautiful space but the rates for rental are ridiculous for this town. At first I asked about renting the space and I got a few very stilted and poorly-written responses that didn't address my questions (I asked about renting in spring but was only given information about renting in summer, I asked about rates and was told to refer to a rental policy that was not attached to the email or available on the website). Finally someone else entirely sent me a "rental policy" that, when I was able to decipher it gave me the information I needed (very poorly written, but I was told that the organization has high school students who do summer work for them, so I guess it was written by one of them, but you would think for something like this someone would proofread it - e.g. a non-refundable deposit is required, but it is actually refundable, a lot of gibberish about photography fees, redundancy everywhere). I don't know if I am able to write fees on this website, but the rates for renting the building are double - and in some cases triple - the rates for renting any other building I have looked at in Grand Forks. The reason I am writing this on trip advisor is because I think it is really wrong for a city funded organization to be able to charge people so much for renting their space. I pay taxes to support the art gallery and I don't think that means I should be able to rent it for pennies, but I cannot believe the rates that they are charging because tax money already funds them and then now they want rental rates charged to tax payers to also fund them, and the stipulations they put on it, saying that if the event is outside of business hours on top of the space rental you have to pay $45 an hour for a staff member just to be there, plus $45 an hour for someone to set up and take down the event? I don't know anyone in Grand Forks who makes $45 an hour, though I guess I would now like to see the salaries at the art gallery. Other stipulations are that the art gallery needs to see the menu from the caterers before the event and that only members can rent the building. It seems very fascist. Finally, the rental policy had "confidential" stamped across it, though when I asked specifically about the confidentiality I was told that it wasn't in fact confidential...why would it be confidential if it is a rental policy for a public space? In any case, I think that the rates are way too high and I will be contacting the city about it, as well as letting my friends know. I know a lot of people who have had xmas parties and weddings at the art gallery but there is no way they paid this amount of money. Are there secret special rates that you can get if you know someone there?

Date of experience: September 2015