“An Incredible Day - Definitely a "10" out of 10!”

Ocean Rose Coastal Adventures (O.R.C.A.)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Incredible Day - Definitely a "10" out of 10!”
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The day couldn't have been more perfect - an intimate, up-close journey with Orcas, Dolphins, humpback whales and majestic bald eagles diving for salmon. Angela is a tremendous guide; extremely knowledgeable, friendly and passionate about what she does - including providing her clients with an incredible one-of-a-kind experience. Our day was packed with excitement, we literally did not have any down time - Angela started the day with some Orca watching; the highlight was a "huge" male Orca that performed a full "flight" breach twice (he flew out of the water)...it was amazing. After the whale watching, Angela brought us into waters full of Dolphins - in no time, they were flying along side the Zodiac and I felt like I could literally reach out and touch them. It was as if they knew the excitement and jubilation they were creating on the Zodiac. My family was ecstatic! My wife, and three kids (ages 18, 16 & 12) were thrilled - it was an unforgettable experience. After witnessing a glorious humpback whale tail fluke, Angela found us a wonderful lunch spot on a small rock formation perched above the waters around us. The July weather was awesome. Angela provided a great lunch - simple, but filling. After lunch, we set out for more - I couldn't even imagine seeing anything more, but none of us wanted the experience to end. The scenery was incredible! In no time at all we saw another humpback whale and a minke whale. Then Angela zero'd in on some bald eagles. I've seen bald eagles before, but never so many at one time - and they were screeching at one another like I've never heard. One swooped out of the sky and fetched a large salmon from the ocean - see the enclosed picture (we were so close to him). While we got lucky so many times getting close to everything, Angela knew the boundaries and didn't endanger any animals. The Zodiac provided the ultimate adventure - close to the water, comfortable and fast to the sites. While some might think about opting for a whale watching experience in Victoria, Port Mcneill is in the heart of whale country and definitely not commercialized. We saw only a handful of other boats, and most of them were fishing boats. The area is absolutely beautiful - whether you're on the ocean or touring by car... it's definitely worth the drive. We stayed on Vancouver Island for about a week - our day with Angela was with out a doubt, the best day of our trip.

2 Thank TimeOutdoors

Copenhagen
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Addictive Surrondings!”
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Orca swimming around you, eagles fishing only a few feet away, humpback whales breaching, sealions roaring, and the splashing of water on the boat...
These are truly addictive surroundings.
I am at a loss for describing words, and left standing with thousands of images in my head ...
I heard the orca's singing... with my own ears, not a recording, not a hydrophone lowered in the water... I heard it simply through the water while they were swimming all around and under the boat I was in.
Completely and utterly amazing!
It brings chills and goosebumps and tears to peoples eyes when they hear it, even the guys right beside me was deeply moved by these sounds from the deep..
Angela Smith owner/guide has lots of knowledge, and has a big passion for the nature and wildlife, which makes her the perfect guide.
I absolutely recommend this tour!

3 Thank Nikola8
Paris, France
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 207 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 19 December 2008

I went in Aug of 2008 It was a long drive, about 45 mins into the Archipelago before you start seeing whales. I went for the sunset one.

Angela, the host/guide, was very nice and friendly. It felt like you were hanging out with your friends.

Its a small, fast and sturdy zodiac. I learned A LOT on this trip. She had the hydrophone so you can hear the whales.

A big male whale swam right under our zodiac while we were looking for the whales. It surfaced right beside our boat out of no where! It was amazing. One of my favourite memories from my trip.

1 Thank ThanksForReplying