All reviews brick rose elk vast cabin
Reviewed September 2, 2017

The cabin is one room with a queen bed and bunk beds and a kitchen. Well off the beaten path. The host family was super nice and friendly. We saw a herd of Elk. Near the cabin. The cabins are a little close together, considering the vast landscape. It's a good place though.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2016

A great 3 nights, should have stayed longer, amenities excellent, self catering but don't bring your tea, coffee, sugar -provided. Great hospitality shown by owners to this lone ancient traveller - 'come and enjoy a genuine Canadian redneck experience round the fire-pit'. Thank you Rosie and Brick. They only have 2 cabins for rent, so no vast renting park, but book early. Height of my holiday!

Room tip: only 2 next to each other!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2015

I stayed in Port Renfrew for two nights before embarking on the West Coast Trail. I was greeted on a rainy dark night, having driven from Edmonton to Port Renfrew in one day, by the cabin owner, Rose. Rose knew I was tired and directed me right to the cabin with some helpful directions as to where I could get a bite to eat before I went to bed. Luckily I had some extra hiking grub and whipped that up in the very well equipped kitchen. The cabin had everything anybody could ever want including books, crib board, all cooking utensils, hot plate etc. There was nothing I needed that wasn't there. The bed was so very comfortable and I found myself thinking that I could easily stay a week in the cozy cabin that is surrounded by the most gorgeous scenery. There were elk wandering right in the yard and in the back of the cabin a river runs along. A short walk to the road and there were an abundance of wild black berries. I thought the price was perfectly appropriate for the clean, hospitable accommodation!!! Rose is just a doll and made me feel welcome in Port Renfrew. Highly recommended!!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2015

We booked here after chartering a boat with Choice Charters(same people). While not luxurious per se, it was clean, well equipped, quiet, and comfortable. BBQ, firepit + covered outdoor wood stove for when there's a fireban(in our case), or it's raining were very nice. Located on a beautiful property. Saw a bunch of elk, and deer. Rosie and Brick were very accommodating and friendly. Would not consider staying anywhere else if I go back to P. Renfrew.

If you're looking to go fishing, definitely consider Choice Charters.

Room tip: We stayed in Cabin 2. (Big bed+bunk bed).
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

We just came home from the Homestead Cabins and I can't thank then enough for letting us stay. What an incredible place!!! The cabin is amazingly comfortable. And fully equipped with everything you need and more . Fire pit out the back and a fully loaded BBQ for your use. Most importantly our 14week old Puppy absolutely loved the freedom. We could open the door and let him go and knew he was safe. Even tho he was always in our sight. Homestead will be the only place I stay in port Renfrew from now on... Rose and her husband brick couldn't have made us feel more welcome. Loved chatting with them. And the great halibut brick gave us was beautiful. It is 100% an amazing place with wonderful owners. I'll return just because of them. Can't wait for our next trip up already.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michellewalsh101